Which bb ????

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nelus

by Nelus

I'm looking for a new bb. I've had the sram gxp team. But after 2000k I've allready used up 2 sets. So they gotta go. But with which one I should replace them ? I want them to be black and light weight. Allready looked around and found hope and rotor. I think they are compatible with my Sram Force cranck. Any more suggestions ??
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

musket

by musket

Chris King. Std or Ceramic, you won't be disappointed.

rbrtwyn

by rbrtwyn

Before you install the new BB, make sure to have your frame faced. If you are going through BBs that fast, it probably isn't the BB causing the problem.

Nelus

by Nelus

Thanks. The frame is allready faced right now. I also thought that that could be the problem. So just now the new bb. The Chris King is a very good option.
Everything is all right in the end, so if everything is not allright it's not the end

bones

by bones

Nelus wrote:Thanks. The frame is allready faced right now. I also thought that that could be the problem. So just now the new bb. The Chris King is a very good option.

I'm not a big fan of the CK BBs. It's Ike jewelry I suppose your some people. In my experience, the CK bottom brackets aren't any smoother spinning and don't last any longer than other conventional bottom brackets.

durkonion

by durkonion

Something else is definitely wrong. 1000km (or miles for that matter) per BB is not normal at all.

by 2011

Maybe he only rides in the rain. Ha.

Nelus

by Nelus

No no rain at all. It could be that it was due to my old frame. Maybe this wasn't faced proper. So that could be the problem. I've got an new frame due to a crack and rebuild the frame with the old parts. So maybe the damage all ready was done in the old frame. New frame new chances. But no ck what then ? Any other alternatives ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cula

by Cula

Sounds like you have sufferd from the same problem that I uncovered on a new build over the winter.

Was it the non drive side bearing that went 1st by any chance?

If it was don't worry you don't have to spend loads to get it sorted, I think it cost me about £3 and about an hour n half out of my life to get the BB/crank interaction to a standard I wanted rather than the standard SRAM pushed out.

I have spoken to three bike shop Mechanics about this and they all had no clue it was a problem (May goto show the quality of my LBS mind haha)

If you wanna know details on what is wrong with the standard GXP BB or how to get a GXP BB to work how SRAM could of made them fit let me know