My C40 project

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I still have my 2001 Geo C40 and 2003 Mapei C40 which I feel fits me really well among all the other bikes I have. It's a solid all around bike although by today standards heavy.
I have pics of them somewhere on this forum.
I will suggest keeping the bike in the period since that is where it belongs.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

c50jim

by c50jim

I don't know that particular model of Wheelsmith but presume it's one with the new style wider rims. I usually ride with Velocity Aeroheads and find them to be good on my C40s. I also used Campy Nucleons (Neutron with silver spokes) on my 95 C40. They're 10 years old and still one some bike of mine. I find I like the wider rims (Velocity A23 in my case) on my Extreme Power and EPS because I can run them with less pressure and get a better ride. I haven't tried them on my C40s though because its ride is a lot less jarring than the newer frames and it's winter so can't really do it now.

If you're looking for a deal on Nucleons, try Ribble (www.ribbe.co.uk I think). I got a set from them a few months ago for my Wilier and their price was great. Delivered in about a week from the UK to Canada.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com