wholesalecarbonbikeparts.com

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
xyzgeoman

by xyzgeoman

http://www.wholesalecarbonbikeparts.com/

Prices are ridiculously low... Anybody dared to bite on this one yet?

by Weenie

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Scam site.
Contact us has no useful information.
Legal information is boiler-plate type stuff, some of it is even Lorem-Ipsum text that a designer would use in place of real text.
The site is barren of any information that would lend itself some credibility (location of business would be a start).

Can we close this thread now before we get 10-15 more posts basically repeating the same thing?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

It's one of the friendly Chinarello dealers.

bones

by bones

Looks good. I've never heard of them. I did a search and I couldn't find any forums that said anything good or bad about them. How do we know its a scam?

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

bones wrote:Looks good. I've never heard of them. I did a search and I couldn't find any forums that said anything good or bad about them. How do we know its a scam?

Re-read the first post.......

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Why do they make the prices so ridiculously low? Wouldn't they be better off (attract more suckers) by making the prices very low, but within the realm of believability for new, genuine merchandise which was actually going to be delivered? Then some folks would just think it's just a very good deal from a legitimate outfit.

bones

by bones

5 8 5 wrote:
bones wrote:Looks good. I've never heard of them. I did a search and I couldn't find any forums that said anything good or bad about them. How do we know its a scam?

Re-read the first post.......

Re-read the reply......

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Whether or not is is a scam is up to your judgement. I believe it is.
Here is my justification, outlined because apparently it's not clear enough for some:

1. There is no information about the business's actual, non-virtual address. All "open mould" sellers and manufacturers provide an actual, verifiable address on their sites. This one does not.
2. There is no actual contact information. No e-mail addresses, no phone numbers, no 'skype' or other chat methods. Nothing. Just a form that will send your information to somewhere unknown.
3. The legal information, available under this page, which in itself is mis-placed, is quite literally copied directly from another site. If you ever bothered to take a small moment, sir, to actually read the damn thing you'll note that it's incomplete and incoherent. Links do not exist where there should be links. The entire section on Ordering is taken from the famous Lorem Ipsum text. For those of you who have no idea what Lorem Ipsum is, here's a site for you.
4. If you click on the language/flag icons at the bottom, they only link to products and do not change the language of the text at all. In fact, if you really pay attention, it is coded so clicking on the Spanish flag would supposedly change it to the French site.

If you've ever dealt with any of the sellers that do open-mould type componentry, such as Archtek or Farsports or Hong-Fu, you'll find that the people behind the company do their best to overcome the language barrier. They know the difference between Spain and France. They provide legal info and some measure of accountability that this site clearly does not.

If you believe that 4 salient points are not enough to convince you not to make a purchase through that site at this time, then by all means go right ahead. No one is stopping you.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

I'll give them credit - on the "cages" page they have a variety of products all photographed on the same poorly made shelf/countertop. You can get a $6000 Dogma2 normally for $760 on sale for $690! It appears that they accept both PayPal and bank wire fraud.

aldocg

by aldocg

Who cares? Even if the website real, those prices are NOT low.

They're obviously counterfeit items, and their manufacturing is WAY cheaper than you think it is.

Can someone explain to me how the absolute cheapest brand name road bike with brand name components (Sora) is MORE EXPENSIVE than a complete functioning work motorcyle?

I bought my 125cc work motorcycle NEW for around $850 USD, quite a bit cheaper than the cheapest Allez I can find here.

It's 100 kilograms of machinery. Goes 60mph+, can transport 2 people and lots of cargo, has motor, headlights, electric ignition, battery, rack, etc etc. yet it costs a lot less than the absolute cheapest aluminium road bike.

It's simple: cycling componentry is ridiculously overpriced.

Carbon frames and components can't be more than $50 a piece, for pretty much everything.

If we part out this $850 motorcycle, how much do you think each part costs? How can you tell me the absolute cheapest road bike wheels cost over $100, when MOTORCYCLE wheels cost less? A complete motorcycle engine costs 1/4th of the cheapest AL frame? WHAT?

We need to realize that since cycling is very specialized, we're getting reamed on prices by the "big names" and the people selling direct are taking advantage of the ridiculous mark-ups people are used to, in the pricing of their own items(hongfu, farsports, etc).

My motorcycle is absolutely fantastic btw, it's a beautiful machine.

SL58

by SL58

I see it more and more now. There are websites dedicated to bikes built out
of parts ordered from China. There is even a term "Chinarello".
If you want to know what the scam is look at some US websites.
I think that $5,995 for Look frame is a scam and $3,695 for Ridley frame is a scam.
That is where the real scam is.

bones

by bones

prendrefeu wrote:Whether or not is is a scam is up to your judgement. I believe it is.
Here is my justification, outlined because apparently it's not clear enough for some:

1. There is no information about the business's actual, non-virtual address. All "open mould" sellers and manufacturers provide an actual, verifiable address on their sites. This one does not.
2. There is no actual contact information. No e-mail addresses, no phone numbers, no 'skype' or other chat methods. Nothing. Just a form that will send your information to somewhere unknown.
3. The legal information, available under this page, which in itself is mis-placed, is quite literally copied directly from another site. If you ever bothered to take a small moment, sir, to actually read the damn thing you'll note that it's incomplete and incoherent. Links do not exist where there should be links. The entire section on Ordering is taken from the famous Lorem Ipsum text. For those of you who have no idea what Lorem Ipsum is, here's a site for you.
4. If you click on the language/flag icons at the bottom, they only link to products and do not change the language of the text at all. In fact, if you really pay attention, it is coded so clicking on the Spanish flag would supposedly change it to the French site.

If you've ever dealt with any of the sellers that do open-mould type componentry, such as Archtek or Farsports or Hong-Fu, you'll find that the people behind the company do their best to overcome the language barrier. They know the difference between Spain and France. They provide legal info and some measure of accountability that this site clearly does not.

If you believe that 4 salient points are not enough to convince you not to make a purchase through that site at this time, then by all means go right ahead. No one is stopping you.

Yo. I am not buying from them. No way! I just wanted to know what information did you have that it was a scam. I thought you actually knew something, either by personal experience or that of others forum users, but you didn't. You only had reservations that you documented above why you think it is a scam.

As a matter of reference, I would also advise other people not to buy from this site for fear that they could get taken. However, you nor I nor anyone here actually knows if this company is a scam or not.

doozer

by doozer

it's a scam for no other reason than the shockingly technical poll question of the day>>>

Community Poll
Which is your favorite color of handlebars?

Red color handlebars
White color handlebars
Blue color handlebars
Black color handlebars

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dance you cares away, worries for another day, dance your cares away, down at fragglerock.

xyzgeoman

by xyzgeoman

doozer, you rock..

I agree that it looks fishy. I also agree that carbon is ridiculously overpriced. I posted mainly to see if there had been anyone who had risked their cash with the site...

by Weenie