Campagnolo Neutron tire mounting tricks

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
sawyer

by sawyer

Zachariah wrote:Believe me, it's the Michelin Pro Race3 tires. Those things are very tight on 95% of most road clinchers. A comparable, worthy replacement is the Schwalbe Ultremo ZX...which mounts with bare hands easily. They just as fast - if not, better.

It's not. Neutrons and Scirroccos are super hard to mount tyres on. Shamals and Zondas by contrast are pi55 easy. P3Rs go on easily with those.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

lcoolb

by lcoolb

petal666 wrote:There is something wrong with Neutrons if you require levers to get a tire on.

With the techniques described in this thread you won't need levers, though it won't be easy.
On the other hand, the Neutrons give me some added confidence when going at speed, knowing the tyre won't come off the rim easily in case of a flat.

petal666

by petal666

lcoolb wrote:With the techniques described in this thread you won't need levers, though it won't be easy.
On the other hand, the Neutrons give me some added confidence when going at speed, knowing the tyre won't come off the rim easily in case of a flat.
That's never happened to me on any rims.

lcoolb

by lcoolb

Had that happen on my Shamals last year when my front tyre blew, resulting in a sudden slowing down maneuvre involving the time honoured skin-on-tarmac retardation technique...