Cadex Integrated Cockpits...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Upcountry

by Upcountry

I debated just posting in an existing thread, but they're each sort of specific to the maker(Enve, Chinese Ultralight options, etc), so these seem deserving of their own thread...

They look to have absolutely nailed these in my opinion... Seeing as these launched about an hour ago, there are still a few details that I can't find(stem angle on either, and actual length/width options). They're the first "big name" to go all the way down to a 34cm width at the hoods, which I love to see! They also have retained a standard round 1 1/4" stem clamp, but include a 1 1/8" reducer on the Aero Integrated, as well as a shim for their newest forks(which is a positive, as you could print shims to accomodate other brands. Interestingly, they list the Race Integrated as only compatible with 1 1/8" and OverDrive Aero(which I thought was a D shaped steerer based on their 1 1/4" steerer?) This is gleaned from a few random sources, as Cadex themselves haven't posted a ton of details, so there could just be some stuff that was lost in translation.
Similar to Enve, they are offering two completely different designs:

UPDATED TO REFLECT NOW KNOWN INFO:

CADEX Race Integrated Handlebar
Let's abbreviate to CRI
This looks to be a lightweight(~260g) and more slender profile. They state there are 16 size options, but don't have a chart elaborating on those. Seeing as they offer five widths, and seven stem lengths, a possible combination of 35, they certanly have parsed that down... So I'm a little worried that this means the 34cm width will only be available on the few shortest length stems(nothing more than 100mm potentially). Not the end of the world, but heres to hoping that lengths of 110mm and 120mm are available in at least the 36cm if not 34cm version. Cable routing on this one looks to work with integrated cabling(popping out just in front of the steerer), but doesn't apear to be that friendly for non-integrated routing, which is a little surprising. With that said, the brake hose entry point looks like it could be skipped all together, and simply tape the hoses up underneath the bar, but not ideal.
-Fits both 1 1/8" standard round steerer, or Giant's OverDrive Aero D shaped steerers, with shims provided(will not work with 1 1/4" round).
-72mm Reach
-11 degrees of flare/ 8 degrees on smaller 34 and 36 sizes.
-10d stem angle
-~250-270 grams
-Very limited width/length options in the narrower sizes unfortunately... 34cm- 80mm, 90mm. 36cm- 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm

CADEX Aero Integrated Handlebar
Let's abbreviat to CAI
A beefier, and certainly stiffer offering. Similar stated 16 size options, again starting at 34cm. To my eye, these look like they might have a slightly lower stem angle(-10d perhaps(hopeful), versus -6 or something for the Race Integrated). Integrated Di2 satellite shifters won't be for everyone, but a nicely executed feature. They've clearly designed this for aftermarket applications, which I appreciate. There is the common internal routing port with the exit point in front of the steerer. There also appear to be exit ports on the underside of the tops, which will make for easy retrofit onto non internal routing. Not sure what's up with the top cap, hopefully it's not over complicated or doesn't require special trimmig of the steerer, and hopefully it can be ran with a spacer or two on top.
-Fits 1 1/4" or 1 1/8" standard round steerers, or Giant's OverDrive Aero D shaped steerers, with shims provided.
-80mm Reach(72mm for 36cm version)
-3 degrees of flare
-10d stem angle
-~300-330 grams
-36cm(hoods) available with 80mm, 90mm, 100mm; 38hoods available with 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm
Last edited by Upcountry on Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Minirac

by Minirac

Hope that this is -10d or -12d stem angle, so i can finally upsize my SL7-56 too SL8 -58!

js

by js

Perhaps the biggest question to ask - What is the steerer tube compatibility?

If these are OverDrive Aero = D-Shaped 1.1/4 then they presumably won't fit on anything but new Giant bikes (latest Propel, Defy and upcoming TCR?) or their Liv equivalents.

We've seen wedged inserts to make other onepiece units compatible with the Giant steerer, but I can't see any way to make the reverse happen.

That would severely limit their aftermarket applications.

js

by js

Seems it can accommodate a few options, so that's very good news (the non-round clamp in the images above had me worried) - "Compatible with 1-1/4”, 1-1/8”, and OverDrive Aero steerer tubes with included carbon shims."

https://bikerumor.com/a-closer-look-at- ... andlebars/

wozzo

by wozzo

Finally something to replace that anvil'ish stem on new propels

harblhat

by harblhat

Minirac wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:01 pm
Hope that this is -10d or -12d stem angle, so i can finally upsize my SL7-56 too SL8 -58!
The aero version is a -10 degree stem: https://www.cadex-cycling.com/us/cadex- ... lebar-2023

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

True one-piece monocoque construction too unlike a certain Utah based brand

CamW

by CamW

I sifted through the international Cadex websites to try figure out what sizes they make. Looks like the two smallest widths will come with 80/90/100 mm stems which seems like a bit of a miss to me.

toxin

by toxin

Not enough flare

HBike

by HBike

CamW wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:28 am
I sifted through the international Cadex websites to try figure out what sizes they make. Looks like the two smallest widths will come with 80/90/100 mm stems which seems like a bit of a miss to me.
But reach is 80mm vs. 75mm on others like the Roval. Not much, but better than nothing.

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

How is it an integrated bar if there are no holes for routing ? Cannot see how any of this is even remotely close good as Roval.

C36

by C36

Interesting product really trying to mimic what Roval has in their range (light and aero combos).

It has quite more fit options with narrow and more agressive stem. furthermore the -10deg could expand to -7 to -13 using excentric sleeves (but they are not easy to work with and align the compression plug and top cap). Nice touch with the deported Di2 buttons.

Now not sure I see a strong compelling case versus the EXS or Farsports F1s, except the confidence of buying from a local Giant dealer.
CamW wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:28 am
yes,
340 at the hoods available in 80 --> 100
360 at the hoods available in 80 --> 110

Now they are 5 to 10 mm longer in reach than other options (Roval is 75, EXS must be 70 max) so a 100 stem could give you similar reach than a 105 or 110 in other bars.
eucalyptus wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:51 am

How is it an integrated bar if there are no holes for routing ? Cannot see how any of this is even remotely close good as Roval.
Not sure to understand, you have options for rim / Disc / mech / Di2 / fully external or integrated (as per the press release pictures)

https://images2.giant-bicycles.com/t_Gi ... 003983.jpg

eucalyptus

by eucalyptus

nvm
Last edited by eucalyptus on Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C36

by C36

260 will be for the round version, the aero being claimed around 325 (420x100).

pmprego

by pmprego

From cadex website, CRI seems to have a non-round hole while the aero version is round.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com