2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chorus88

by chorus88

Frameset: Tarmac SL7 FACT 9r Carbon
Untitled-24sl71.jpg
Untitled-24sl72.jpg
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

js

by js

9R is interesting for a Tarmac SL7. I wonder what the weight difference is versus the previous 10R frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gbrnole

by gbrnole

js wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:01 pm
9R is interesting for a Tarmac SL7. I wonder what the weight difference is versus the previous 10R frames.
the general concensus is typically about 100g per level of carbon below 12r. the SL7 10r frame is said to be 920g so i'm guessing the 9r would be a smidge over 1kg?

alanashd

by alanashd

By any chance anyone got a picture of SL7 with Rotor round chainrings for axs and sram rival axs or any other sram axs crank arms? :D
Specialized Tarmac SL7

impotentloki

by impotentloki

Hi all, by any chance anyone have a size 52 sl7 non SW in the "Satin Teal Tint/Black/Light Silver" weight measurements for the frame and seatpost?

Saw someone posting a list of weights in different sizes and colourways but did not have the combination I was looking for.

thematzie

by thematzie

Hey all of you,
my first post in this forum here.

I am looking for my new bike, which bill be a Tarmac SL7.

I've went to the bike fitting (at a specilaized store) with my actual bike an the result is, that the fitter said to me I should take a 58 size. He was a bit argueing, because he meant I'll need a 56 depending on the lenght (he wanted me a 10mm shorter stem), but a 58 depending of my height.

I am 184cm tall and have an inseam of about 87 - 88cm (have to check it exactly).

I've read a lot to measurerments in this forum and recognized that a lot of people with the same height and inseam like me are riding a 56 size of the SL7.
The saddelheight actually is 795mm (at my actual bike).

The Gemoetry is quite similar (same crank lenght, same handlebar width).

Do you have any tips of the size to me? Will it be better to take a 56 with 2cm spaces at the top. Is the saddelheight too high for a 56?

I am confused to some points.

Best regards
Matze
Attachments
XenonVSTarmacSL7.JPG
Last edited by thematzie on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bb13

by Bb13

Hi,
I am 188 cm with 91 inseam. I ride a 58
I think 56 will be perfect for you.
The 58 would be too long, you might need a 9cm stem.
Regarding the saddle height, no pb with a 56.

Aakoo

by Aakoo

I'm 186cm with 87cm inseam and I ride a 58 with a 110mm stem. I think it comes down to personal preference, and how low riding position do you like.

thematzie

by thematzie

Aakoo wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:00 pm
I'm 186cm with 87cm inseam and I ride a 58 with a 110mm stem. I think it comes down to personal preference, and how low riding position do you like.
Yeah, that's right, of course. My fitter wanted to get me in a shorter, ore comfortable position. So maybe the 58 could be a bit too long.

My plan is to ride the Tour Transalp (race). So there will be e lot of altitudes to do. I think the 56 will be a bit more agil than a 58.
But yeah I was afraid up to now for the saddle height by the Tarmac SL 7 with has a seat-tube of about 86mm shorter to now.

I think your position is more aerodynamic. My bike fitter wanted me to get a 10mm shorter stem than a do ride now. So if its a 58 sizethe stem will be a 90, as Bb13 said the post before.

Maybe I'm too afraid of it. So it will fit. :thumbup:

milanv

by milanv

Bb13 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:31 pm
Hi,
I am 188 cm with 91 inseam. I ride a 58
I think 56 will be perfect for you.
The 58 would be too long, you might need a 9cm stem.
Regarding the saddle height, no pb with a 56.
I agree, 56 is perfect for him.
I am riding 58 with 193 cm and 91,5 inseam measures, this fitter made a very amateur work.

ullmanz

by ullmanz

chorus88 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:26 am
Frameset: Tarmac SL7 FACT 9r Carbon

Untitled-24sl71.jpg
Untitled-24sl72.jpg
I came from a Sl6 Sport frame (9r)
And I have a Sl7 Pro frame now (10r).
For me the difference of the whole frameset was around 150g.
It heavily depends also on the paintjob of the framesets.
I know that my SL7 frame is on the heavier side. I've seen people post weights of almost 100g less of their frames in the same size.
Specialized SL7 - 7.1kg including Garmin mount, bottle cages and pedals

Kevin7767

by Kevin7767

thematzie wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:53 am
Hey all of you,
my first post in this forum here.

I am looking for my new bike, which bill be a Tarmac SL7.

I've went to the bike fitting (at a specilaized store) with my actual bike an the result is, that the fitter said to me I should take a 58 size. He was a bit argueing, because he meant I'll need a 56 depending on the lenght (he wanted me a 10mm shorter stem), but a 58 depending of my height.

I am 184cm tall and have an inseam of about 87 - 88cm (have to check it exactly).

I've read a lot to measurerments in this forum and recognized that a lot of people with the same height and inseam like me are riding a 56 size of the SL7.
The saddelheight actually is 795mm (at my actual bike).

The Gemoetry is quite similar (same crank lenght, same handlebar width).

Do you have any tips of the size to me? Will it be better to take a 56 with 2cm spaces at the top. Is the saddelheight too high for a 56?

I am confused to some points.

Best regards
Matze
A 56 or 58 would likely work, and the best fit will depend on how you want to fit on the bike. I'm 185.5cm tall with an inseam of about 87ish and I'm on a size 58 with a 130mm slammed stem and 38cm bars. It's fairly long but I have long-ish arms and it feels great. Generally though the typical advice if you're between two sizes is to go with the smaller frame.

thematzie

by thematzie

Thanks for your answers.

I'm sorry to bother you all but I still have a question to the geometry.
If I take a 56 is it necessary to use foll uf spacers to reach my hight? If yes, wouldn't it be better to take a 58 and get a shorter stem. I am really unsure to reach my height and I don't want to spent a lot of money to a "cildrens bike". :D :oops:

Do somoeone of you know where the head tube measuremnts are done at the SL? Is the cap of the headtube included, or is it measured without it?

The Headtube at my bike has a bump to the top so I do think the headtube at the sl7 ist shorter an measured at a drifferent point (see my bike attached).

Sorry for all these questions. :noidea:
Matthias
Attachments
Lykka_Measurments.jpg
HEadTube SL7.jpg
Last edited by thematzie on Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarshMellow

by MarshMellow

thematzie wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:35 pm
Thanks for your answers.

If I take a 56 is it necessary to use foll uf spacers to reach my hight? If yes, wouldn't it be better to take a 58 and get a shorter stem. I am really unsure to reach my height and I don't want to spent a lot of money to a "cildrens bike". :D :oops:

Do somoeone of you know where the head tube measuremnts are done at the SL?

The Headtube at my bike has a bump to the top so I do think the headtube at the sl7 ist shorter an measured at a drifferent point (see my bike attached).

Matthias
Headtube is measured at the Headtube. Headsets, Dustcovers are not standardized in demensions so are not measured.

As for 56 or 58, if you're able to properly push out on each bike, the 56cm will be more reactive, more quick to respond to input due to each lessened-measure, leaning most toward Wheelbase. Mechanical trail at the fork can also influence how nimble, or sluggish, or erratic, a bike can be but these two sizes use the same fork, offset and rake.

Edited for the spells
RimClencher wrote:
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am
That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thematzie

by thematzie

MarshMellow wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:43 pm
thematzie wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:35 pm
Thanks for your answers.

Do somoeone of you know where the head tube measuremnts are done at the SL?

Matthias
Headtube is measured at the Headtube. Headsets, Dustcovers are not standardized in demensions so are not measured.

As for 56 or 58, if you're able to properly push out on each bike, the 56cm will be more reactive, more quick to respond to input due to each lessened-measure, leaning most toward Wheelbase. Mechanical trail at the fork can also influence how nimble, or sluggish, or erratic, a bike can be but these two sizes use the same fork, offset and rake.

Edited for the spells
Thanks for your quick answer.

It's a pitty that there was no possibility to try the bikes in each height at the cyclestore. So I think I'll try to find another store where I cand try both heights to find a solution for me.