2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

poppiholla

by poppiholla

If you normally have a 38 cm handlebar and you are using a 42 at the moment, then this could cost some problems. Can you mount a 38cm handlebar and try that on a long ride? I know it will give some hassle but it will give you also good information before you buy a new aero handlebar and the problem is not solved.
By the way; a second opinion of another bike fitter could also give some nice insights.Good luck.
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

scottydonald wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:50 am
poppiholla wrote:It is not your handlebars imho, but probably your position on the bike. Handlebar could be the problem if it is too wide for you. Hand numbness has something to do with too much weight on the front of the bike/your hands. I think you have issue with the reach, saddle height, stack, position of the handlebar (too low). Post a picture of your bike and it will make it clearer. Consult a proper bike fitter to help you with the problem.
Like I said, I’ve been professionally fitted and the bike shop set it up with my numbers when I purchased. My bars are usually 38cm, though, not 42. I do think moving the saddle back a little would help.

The Rapide bars are ultra stiff (at least to me), which I think also plays a role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For my SL7; I struggled to get the hoods comfortable and was experiencing hand numbness, once I got them how I liked them then I have not had any since!

I am 189cm tall on a 58, my other bike is a 58 2021 Cervelo S3. only thing I have different is I am an S Works and have a Darimo seat post.
What helped? Pulling them up some?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:50 am
poppiholla wrote:It is not your handlebars imho, but probably your position on the bike. Handlebar could be the problem if it is too wide for you. Hand numbness has something to do with too much weight on the front of the bike/your hands. I think you have issue with the reach, saddle height, stack, position of the handlebar (too low). Post a picture of your bike and it will make it clearer. Consult a proper bike fitter to help you with the problem.
Like I said, I’ve been professionally fitted and the bike shop set it up with my numbers when I purchased. My bars are usually 38cm, though, not 42. I do think moving the saddle back a little would help.

The Rapide bars are ultra stiff (at least to me), which I think also plays a role.

I rode 40cm C-C bars just for testing. It doesn't work for me. I use 42cm C-C but i angle shifters so they're about 40cm C-C.
I lean part of my hand on the bar and if i use 40cm bars and shifters straight, i have a sense of discomfort.
Lately i've seen there are bars actually designed for this, it's kind of a bend inwards so shifters get this position.
However, i really like bars to have a flat ramp angle and that is unusual these days. FSA told me Metron 6D is designed as a flat ramp bar.
I use Black Inc Road bar (reach 80mm/ drop 125mm) and a -10 Ritchey Chicane stem (130mm).
I would like a flat ramp with even more compact drop, like 120mm and drop handles pulled horizontally towards me, not sloping down as most bars do if you try to position them in a similar fashion to flat ramp. I could imagine using any reach, 90 or even 100mm.
Also rode Lightweight Kompaktbügel and Haero RR145SL, but the shape of Black Inc is better.

ritchey-wcs-chicane-v2-stem-o318mm-10-incl-ahead-cap-blatte-1.jpg
BlackInc_RoadHandleBar_2.jpg
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

scottydonald

by scottydonald

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:26 pm

What helped? Pulling them up some?
Yes for me up so and angle in slightly; I guess everyone is slightly different for what suits them and how they had them originally build by the bike builder!

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Just get a 38cm then

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Sock3t wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:55 pm
tomsneo wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:32 pm
Currently weighs 7.616 kg

What is this colourway? It's not even on the spec website.

Its called dusty blue metallic its a 2021 color I added custom decals the orginal logos are cast blue/matte blue
Masi 3VC SL
S-Works SL7
Supersix Evo HM Black INC

smeady

by smeady

tomsneo wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:41 pm
Its called dusty blue metallic its a 2021 color I added custom decals the orginal logos are cast blue/matte blue
Where did you get the decals from? Looks absolutely amazing really nice build

robertonavaz

by robertonavaz

I’m looking for an Aerofly 2 bar. Can’t find it anywhere in Eu.
Size 42.
Do you know if there’s one somewhere?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

cihboz

by cihboz

robertonavaz wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:47 am
I’m looking for an Aerofly 2 bar. Can’t find it anywhere in Eu.
Size 42.
Do you know if there’s one somewhere?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
aerofly or rapide ?
aeroflys no longer being produced. roval rapide is the replacement and it was out of stock especially in size 42 for almost a year now. however they have been in stock bit by bit lately

TLN

by TLN

cihboz wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:57 pm
aerofly or rapide ?
aeroflys no longer being produced. roval rapide is the replacement and it was out of stock especially in size 42 for almost a year now. however they have been in stock bit by bit lately
walked into spesh store, bought 42cm rapide off the shelf a month or so ago :noidea:
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

cihboz

by cihboz

Hello fellas

I joined the family with my new sworks sl7 tarmac. I have been waiting this frame nearly 6 months now and finally managed to built it up. I tried to customize it as much as i can in my liking and I think we did fairly good job 8)

Frame : artic blue/dusty blue Size 54
Shimano Dura ace 9200 groupset with 52/36 crank and 11/34 casette
Zipp 454 hookless wheels
Deda Alanera handlebar
Darimo seatpost
Sworks romin evo mirror saddle
kogel ceramic bottom bracket

Its 6.71 KG without pedals right now and since I also own zipp 353s I can make it go down by another 100-120 grams just by changing them :thumbup:
I have ridden it 400km (250miles) so far and climbed over 3000 meters (10k feet) and liking the built very much.

i will be posting more photos as soon as i have time
Attachments
sl7 we.jpeg
sl7.jpeg

cihboz

by cihboz

TLN wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:02 pm
cihboz wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:57 pm
aerofly or rapide ?
walked into spesh store, bought 42cm rapide off the shelf a month or so ago :noidea:
I literally called and mailed 20-25 retailer to get it for a while then I decided to go for deda alanera in the end for my own built :S

Downhill502

by Downhill502

kevintc wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:59 pm
I bought the MagCad Elemnt Bolt mount but inadvertantly bought the version for the V2 Bolt instead of the V1 Bolt (evidently they are different sizes!). These are $25 + $11 shipping to the US. If anyone in the US is interested in picking this up for $20 shipped just send me a private message. I've now ordered one for the Bolt V1 and can send out the V2 mount to you in the same bubble package when I receive my V1 mount (probably in a week or so).

https://www.magcad-designs.com/products ... ized-mount
PM sent to your email.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

cihboz wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:10 pm
Hello fellas

I joined the family with my new sworks sl7 tarmac. I have been waiting this frame nearly 6 months now and finally managed to built it up. I tried to customize it as much as i can in my liking and I think we did fairly good job 8)

Frame : artic blue/dusty blue Size 54
Shimano Dura ace 9200 groupset with 52/36 crank and 11/34 casette
Zipp 454 hookless wheels
Deda Alanera handlebar
Darimo seatpost
Sworks romin evo mirror saddle
kogel ceramic bottom bracket

Its 6.71 KG without pedals right now and since I also own zipp 353s I can make it go down by another 100-120 grams just by changing them :thumbup:
I have ridden it 400km (250miles) so far and climbed over 3000 meters (10k feet) and liking the built very much.

i will be posting more photos as soon as i have time
Not saying it's not true, but the picture on the scales, the rear wheel looks significantly shallower than a 454, but maybe that's just the perspective.
Great bike anyway.
Specialized SW Æthos (2021) 6.1kg
Specialized SW Crux (2022) 7.2kg
Specialized SW Tarmac (2022) 7.1kg
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg

*all weights are race ready bikes, large frame size.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT Disc

HHH

by HHH

Hi everyone!
Sworks 2023 frameset
Sworks 2023 frameset
FB_IMG_1665002000630.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com