S-Works Venge

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

andreas

by andreas

eric01 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:51 am
I recall reading somewhere that the venge pro and venge sworks are the same frame except paint. Only model in their range where they are the same. Confirmed by specialized too.
They are, but the pro models come with a glued aluminium BB30 shell in the bottom bracket, s-works has a plain carbon BB afaik?
It's kinda a creak-machine with the alu shell + praxis bb30->24 adapter, i have to take it out and clean/regrease annually - but that is also what the praxis manual recommends.

As for the bike itself, it's a good handler and fairly lightweight, but the seatpost isn't the most comfortable and the fork is borderline too flexible causing disc brake rubbing - needs either thinner/self-truing rotors like Hope, or I've read reports that the issue has disappeared with the Rapide front wheel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Funny that the first thing that came into my mind from this paint job was the Jazz cup design. I like it!

req110

by req110

Guys, what value has gen 1 venge mclaren s-works frameset?

I have a offer for potential purchase of whole s-works venge gen 1 bike, but i would strip it down and build for winter bike maybe.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

Lucendi

by Lucendi

req110 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:49 am
Guys, what value has gen 1 venge mclaren s-works frameset?

I have a offer for potential purchase of whole s-works venge gen 1 bike, but i would strip it down and build for winter bike maybe.
The first gen aero bikes like the first Venge got some much needed design improvements in later generations to be both aero and comfortable. Sadly the first gen is only aero.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

andreas wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:04 am
eric01 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:51 am
I recall reading somewhere that the venge pro and venge sworks are the same frame except paint. Only model in their range where they are the same. Confirmed by specialized too.
They are, but the pro models come with a glued aluminium BB30 shell in the bottom bracket, s-works has a plain carbon BB afaik?
It's kinda a creak-machine with the alu shell + praxis bb30->24 adapter, i have to take it out and clean/regrease annually - but that is also what the praxis manual recommends.

As for the bike itself, it's a good handler and fairly lightweight, but the seatpost isn't the most comfortable and the fork is borderline too flexible causing disc brake rubbing - needs either thinner/self-truing rotors like Hope, or I've read reports that the issue has disappeared with the Rapide front wheel.
SWorks has the same glued in BB30 alloy inside carbon frame.