Cannondale Super six leichtbau

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

User avatar
wheelsONfire
Posts: 5040
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am
Location: NorthEU

by wheelsONfire

BigBoyND wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:29 pm
You don't have to use their stem and bar, either
Is it standard size on the steerer tube?
If so i don't see any downsides...
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)


Ex bike; Vial EVO D

man1ac
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:58 pm

by man1ac

So I got one of the Leichtbau frames even though I didnt try hard :D
But probably will give it to a friend. As mentioned before the SSE is due for an Update (rumors say it won't be just colors and significant) and don't wanna spent 5k for a frame that's old in 5-9 months ...

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



TLN
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:50 pm

by TLN

wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:37 pm
^
yeah that is true, but how's any other modern frameset (bike) are different?
Using 1" 1/2 - 1" 1/2 headset and route cables through headset (all four cables in fact), so it's compatible with Vision ACR, Deda DCR and some other one-piece bars.
I'm sure, we'll see more handlebars if that standart becomes more popular
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

User avatar
wheelsONfire
Posts: 5040
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am
Location: NorthEU

by wheelsONfire

man1ac wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:02 pm
So I got one of the Leichtbau frames even though I didnt try hard :D
But probably will give it to a friend. As mentioned before the SSE is due for an Update (rumors say it won't be just colors and significant) and don't wanna spent 5k for a frame that's old in 5-9 months ...
This i don't get!
If you get a frameset or complete bike you actually like, you say you don't want it because their may be something new around the corner!?
It will happen all the time with everything. I would be very happy if i had the leichtbau and what may turn up later i wouldn't care about.
Possibly if there were things i wasn't pleased with to begin with.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)


Ex bike; Vial EVO D

User avatar
wheelsONfire
Posts: 5040
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am
Location: NorthEU

by wheelsONfire

TLN wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:30 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:37 pm
^
yeah that is true, but how's any other modern frameset (bike) are different?
Using 1" 1/2 - 1" 1/2 headset and route cables through headset (all four cables in fact), so it's compatible with Vision ACR, Deda DCR and some other one-piece bars.
I'm sure, we'll see more handlebars if that standart becomes more popular
Not a big fan of integrated. It's easy to change fit with a stem and handlebar, you can also angle the bar to your liking or find a bar that suits you better. I have a very physical work and for sure i can say, it affects my back and fit to a degree. I haven't fully grasped how much until i became obsessive with fit on my bike.
I really notice how my fit gets way better when i have vacation. I also notice how my fit can be better or worse when i work (at times it's ok, at times it is worse).
Even went to a physiotherapist to get clear if i was off in my thoughts, but it was not so.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)


Ex bike; Vial EVO D

justkeepedaling
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:14 am

by justkeepedaling

wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:08 pm
man1ac wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:02 pm
So I got one of the Leichtbau frames even though I didnt try hard :D
But probably will give it to a friend. As mentioned before the SSE is due for an Update (rumors say it won't be just colors and significant) and don't wanna spent 5k for a frame that's old in 5-9 months ...
This i don't get!
If you get a frameset or complete bike you actually like, you say you don't want it because their may be something new around the corner!?
It will happen all the time with everything. I would be very happy if i had the leichtbau and what may turn up later i wouldn't care about.
Possibly if there were things i wasn't pleased with to begin with.
This is pretty typical logic. Most of us already have bikes that we're mostly happy with. Why spend top dollar on a frame that's going to be obsolete very soon? If you get the next updated design right at the beginning of its design cycle, it'll be "relevant" for years

mikemelbrooks
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 pm

by mikemelbrooks

justkeepedaling wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:44 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:08 pm
man1ac wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:02 pm
So I got one of the Leichtbau frames even though I didnt try hard :D
But probably will give it to a friend. As mentioned before the SSE is due for an Update (rumors say it won't be just colors and significant) and don't wanna spent 5k for a frame that's old in 5-9 months ...
This i don't get!
If you get a frameset or complete bike you actually like, you say you don't want it because their may be something new around the corner!?
It will happen all the time with everything. I would be very happy if i had the leichtbau and what may turn up later i wouldn't care about.
Possibly if there were things i wasn't pleased with to begin with.
This is pretty typical logic. Most of us already have bikes that we're mostly happy with. Why spend top dollar on a frame that's going to be obsolete very soon? If you get the next updated design right at the beginning of its design cycle, it'll be "relevant" for years
There is a lot to be said for not getting the latest design. Canyon have had recalls because of handle bars and seatposts, Cannondale have changed the frame to stop damage when the steerer is turned too far, Specialized have changed the headset plug on the Sl7. And these are just of the top of my head. There is a saying never buy the mark 1 version of anything.

User avatar
wheelsONfire
Posts: 5040
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 am
Location: NorthEU

by wheelsONfire

justkeepedaling wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:44 am
wheelsONfire wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:08 pm
man1ac wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:02 pm
So I got one of the Leichtbau frames even though I didnt try hard :D
But probably will give it to a friend. As mentioned before the SSE is due for an Update (rumors say it won't be just colors and significant) and don't wanna spent 5k for a frame that's old in 5-9 months ...
This i don't get!
If you get a frameset or complete bike you actually like, you say you don't want it because their may be something new around the corner!?
It will happen all the time with everything. I would be very happy if i had the leichtbau and what may turn up later i wouldn't care about.
Possibly if there were things i wasn't pleased with to begin with.
This is pretty typical logic. Most of us already have bikes that we're mostly happy with. Why spend top dollar on a frame that's going to be obsolete very soon? If you get the next updated design right at the beginning of its design cycle, it'll be "relevant" for years
I don't see it as obsolte at all. I doubt the forthcoming, not even existing, is better, just different.
I do understand that in your mind it isn't so. But i think a concept refined is a safer move than the all new.
There is always things that will change with a new frameset. I might be rolling updates or advertised.
A good thing is still as good even if something new arrive. What size is your frame?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)


Ex bike; Vial EVO D

charirider
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:00 am

by charirider

No direct mount rim brake model = no buy. Discs = weight.
SuperSix EVO Dura-Ace 2018 (raw carbon stripped)

rothwem
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:45 pm
Location: Asheville, NC

by rothwem

tarmackev wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 pm
This thread shows how much times have changed.
A super light limited edition frame is released and the thread gets no love at all!
Looking at the other threads that are above it shows a HUGE change in cycling, perhaps the demographic of this site as well.

:noidea:

https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... d-frameset
Is it possible that even WeightWeenies(TM) are tired of being price gouged for minimal improvements?

RDY
Posts: 1244
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:31 pm

by RDY

rothwem wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:05 pm
tarmackev wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 pm
This thread shows how much times have changed.
A super light limited edition frame is released and the thread gets no love at all!
Looking at the other threads that are above it shows a HUGE change in cycling, perhaps the demographic of this site as well.

:noidea:

https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... d-frameset
Is it possible that even WeightWeenies(TM) are tired of being price gouged for minimal improvements?
Nah, I think it's because this SKU isn't expensive enough. If they'd priced it at £6.5k instead of £4250 (only pricing I've seen is UK) people would have been prepared to commit violence to get one. 4250 is just too 'budget'. Plus the finish / paint job looks shit.

rothwem
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:45 pm
Location: Asheville, NC

by rothwem

RDY wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:12 pm
rothwem wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:05 pm
tarmackev wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:43 pm
This thread shows how much times have changed.
A super light limited edition frame is released and the thread gets no love at all!
Looking at the other threads that are above it shows a HUGE change in cycling, perhaps the demographic of this site as well.

:noidea:

https://www.cannondale.com/en-eu/bikes/ ... d-frameset
Is it possible that even WeightWeenies(TM) are tired of being price gouged for minimal improvements?
Nah, I think it's because this SKU isn't expensive enough. If they'd priced it at £6.5k instead of £4250 (only pricing I've seen is UK) people would have been prepared to commit violence to get one. 4250 is just too 'budget'. Plus the finish / paint job looks shit.
Ahh. Not Veblen enough. Maybe make it a round $/£10,000 for the frame?

maxima
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:37 am

by maxima

BTW, what is the weight of the new Cannondale Supersix leichtbau? Frame + Fork = 750g? Doesn't sound like it is a 90g weight reduction!! I own the Cannondale supersix HM version and the frame without fork is anbout 760g without the Fork, I assume fork is 360g = 1120g vs 750g of Limited leichtbau frameset? The saving is 370g!!! I've also the S works Aethos at 560g frame + 350g fork = 910g!!!! So Cannondale leichtbau is lighter than S-Works Aethos? If this even possible?
Last edited by maxima on Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maddie
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 am

by Maddie

The weight is obviously frame only, not including fork.

User avatar
eucalyptus
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:51 am
Location: Sweden

by eucalyptus

maxima wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 am
BTW, what is the weight of the new Cannondale Supersix leichtbau? Frame + Fork = 750g? Doesn't sound like it is a 90g weight reduction!! I own the Cannondale supersix HM version and the frame without fork is anbout 760g without the Fork, I assume fork is 360g = 1120g vs 750g of Limited leichtbau frameset? The saving is 370g!!! I've also the S works Aethos at 560g frame + 350g fork = 910g!!!! So Cannondale leichtbau is lighter than S-Works Aethos? If this even possible?
Lol
frame + fork 750g

on what planet are these physics possible

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



Post Reply