2020 Specialized Tarmac SL7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shmee

by Shmee

Nah they replaced it with a 10r frameset it's just the same gloss black and white colourway however with the different logo.
Attachments
20211127_141416.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ronin416

by Ronin416

Shmee wrote:Nah they replaced it with a 10r frameset it's just the same gloss black and white colourway however with the different logo.
That saddle to stem drop is insane. We got to see a pic of you on the bike! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

Quick one - could someone with a tarmac SL7 and the new dura ace group set potentially post a photo of a top down shot of the derailleur and braze on?

I've got an adjustment issue and I notice my braze on is the same as a braze on for the previous DA FD.

My issue is when I tighten the bolt it forces the back of the cage out beyond parallel. This in turn forces me to have the FD 4mm above the chain ring in order for the back of the cage to clear the chain ring teeth. Also have to have 11-52 trim to -19 which is max.

** note mods this is effective a double post but I think I'll have more luck here
Attachments
2CD2C34F-309D-40E6-90AD-0232B8EECE0C.jpeg

fritzbox

by fritzbox

Christmas gift :D
5786720F-F523-432B-9153-48E5289053AF.jpeg

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Sleeprequired wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:28 am
Quick one - could someone with a tarmac SL7 and the new dura ace group set potentially post a photo of a top down shot of the derailleur and braze on?

I've got an adjustment issue and I notice my braze on is the same as a braze on for the previous DA FD.

My issue is when I tighten the bolt it forces the back of the cage out beyond parallel. This in turn forces me to have the FD 4mm above the chain ring in order for the back of the cage to clear the chain ring teeth. Also have to have 11-52 trim to -19 which is max.

** note mods this is effective a double post but I think I'll have more luck here

Well from the pic, it looks like the steady bolt is up against the braze on already.
Is that something you've adjusted after woes trying to align your mech, or not noticed?
Official cafe stop tester

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

jekyll man wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:19 am
Sleeprequired wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:28 am

Well from the pic, it looks like the steady bolt is up against the braze on already.
Is that something you've adjusted after woes trying to align your mech, or not noticed?
Nice pickup but no that's not the issue. That was adjusted to provide support.

So my process is to fit the derailleur at the correct 1-3mm, then position the FD to be slightly inward from parallel, then you screw out the support bolt to bring it out to parallel.

But with this braze on, the moment I torque up the FD bolt I'm gone, it's already past parallel.

Also having to adjust the FD 11-52 trim to -19 is a sign something is up.

BigBoyND

by BigBoyND

Not the AXS front page thread about this same thing. It's common and normal. Just turn it further inward before you start tightening.

Schoenrock

by Schoenrock

Quick question: does the S-Works SL7 come wjth a bottom bracket? Or do I need to buy one myself? What's the best deal for an ultegra 12-speed?

jadedaid

by jadedaid

Schoenrock wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:29 am
Quick question: does the S-Works SL7 come wjth a bottom bracket? Or do I need to buy one myself? What's the best deal for an ultegra 12-speed?
I think it would be worth considering getting something better than a standard ultegra BB, esp. if you're putting up S-Works money for the frame. Lots of options to choose from, I've always been partial to Chris King for BBs but many good choices out there.

Ronin416

by Ronin416

jadedaid wrote:
Schoenrock wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:29 am
I think it would be worth considering getting something better than a standard ultegra BB, esp. if you're putting up S-Works money for the frame. Lots of options to choose from, I've always been partial to Chris King for BBs but many good choices out there.
A Wheels Mfg angular bearing BB hits the mark of performance and price. Excellent option if low maintenance type is what you usually do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schoenrock

by Schoenrock

Thank you very much for the recommendations! :)

jverdeyen

by jverdeyen

Anyone has an idea about the best Q-factor for the SL7 frame? I need a rotor road axle which comes in 2 different types:

Q-Factor: 147mm (rim) / 152mm (disc)

My guess is that the 147mm could fit the SL7. Any idea?

pmprego

by pmprego

jverdeyen wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:14 pm
Anyone has an idea about the best Q-factor for the SL7 frame? I need a rotor road axle which comes in 2 different types:

I don't know the technicalities but the sl7 being a disc frame bike it seems natural to me to pick the disc specific one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jverdeyen

by jverdeyen

pmprego wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:24 pm
jverdeyen wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:14 pm

I don't know the technicalities but the sl7 being a disc frame bike it seems natural to me to pick the disc specific one.
I know. But the Dura Ace 9100 crankset also has a 146mm Qfactor and 43.5 chainline (https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/ ... R9100.html).