Lake shoes wide feet

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

nunokas

by nunokas

eeney wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 am
The lake shoes designed for Bunions are the CX241 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIMTCg-5EdA

One of the mistakes I made was measuring my feet two short/narrow. I've realised that during cycling my feet expand, I should have gone up a half to a full size.... this also ensures room for thicker winter socks. I did two measurements, one at home in the morning, and once at the shop, but I still feel at least half a size up would have been beneficial, but that may just be my feet.

Lake experience, the CX238 and CX1 both have the same sole, so theoretical fit. However, I found the CX1 a bit tighter initially, but also (personal need) I've been able to stretch the CX1s more (thanks to my local cobbler).

Buying cycling shoes with so little, or no stock in LBS is a shocking experience, especially if you have weird feet.
They look good but a bit expensive.
How should they compare with the cheaper and also heat moldable bont riot? :roll:

parleez1

by parleez1

I don't have bunions, but I can attest to the width and comfort of the cx241 wide shoes, they have been the most comfortable cycling shoes I have owned, numerous foot issues, these are wonderful!
Attachments
F71B4D1C-C7BC-4373-9F56-81582FA13533.jpeg
28980138-D3F3-432B-9CBF-9809F9EF32B6.jpeg
5CBE06EE-7EAF-4423-AECB-9A1F1A0BD5E7.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

I got the CX 201. The sole is composed of layers of thicker fiber glass (whitish layers in the shoe) and thinner carbon fiber. The sole flexes quite a bit when comparing to the sitffest soles like Bont (twist it torsionally or step on the front when walking). Insole is a new one from Syksol with more pronounced arch support and EVA foams at fore foot and heel areas. The instep is roomy and opening is very wide. Trust the sizing method by Lake if you are unsure or you need to wear thick winter socks.
Last edited by jlok on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

milanv

by milanv

jlok wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:50 am
I got the CX 201. The sole is composed of layers of thicker fiber glass (whitish layers in the shoe) and thinner carbon fiber. The sole flexes quite a bit when comparing to the sitffest soles like Bont (twist it torsionally or step on the front when walking). Insole is a new one from Skysol with more pronounced arch support and EVA foams at fore foot and heel areas. The instep is roomy and opening is very wide. Trust the sizing method by Lake if you are unsure or you need to wear thick winter socks.
... Syksol insoles...

jlok

by jlok

Yea, thx for the correction :)
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

ABogle

by ABogle

For anyone who is interested in the wide fit shoes produced by Lake, the fits vary quite a bit accross the range. I also found that their wide fits are wide everywhere, in my case my foot is actually rather narrow and has a low instep, its only the forefoot that is wide. CX332 in a wide fit was maybe a little looser than i would have have liked around the midfoot and heel, however the toebox was still too narrow, the extra wide fit was a bathtub. The 403 W had enough width for the toes, but it was wayt way too big for me at the heel and midfoot thus provided little support. Neither worked basically.