Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Bobo8895

by Bobo8895

grizzlytart wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:46 am
matteof93 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:47 am
Is there anyone here using a Workswell WCB-R-268 (aka Velobuild VB-R-099, aka LTBike LTK268) that can give any feedback about frame quality, ride quality, frame durability?
Thats actually what i went with after my whole fiasco with tantan. well the velobuilld R-099 and i love it! i cant say enough about my expierience with velobuild. i guess i should have added this after the review on tantan haha. Chris was really great to work with. super responsive and helpful the whole way. I asked him for quick shipping because of my expierence prior and he was awesome, got me the frame in a little under 3 weeks. im also 104kg so heavier than most, have it on 25mm tires and i think the ride quality is great. ive had it for a few weeks now and i make an excuse to ride it every day. this thing is so fast im like a giddy school kid every time i hop on haha. Unfortunately, no power meter so i cant compare if im able to put more power to the bb compared to my last bike and like i said its only been a few weeks so cant attest to long term durability but initial quality looked good to me. oh i also installed the shimano 105 r7020 groupset on it and the shifts are super smooth.
Super Cool i already saw It on the VeloBuild Site... Can i ask you the frame size and frame Weight?
Thank you in advance

grizzlytart

by grizzlytart

Bobo8895 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:25 pm
grizzlytart wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:46 am
matteof93 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:47 am
Is there anyone here using a Workswell WCB-R-268 (aka Velobuild VB-R-099, aka LTBike LTK268) that can give any feedback about frame quality, ride quality, frame durability?
Thats actually what i went with after my whole fiasco with tantan. well the velobuilld R-099 and i love it!
Super Cool i already saw It on the VeloBuild Site... Can i ask you the frame size and frame Weight?
Thank you in advance
yea the frame is a 52cm and unfortunately i was too excited before the build to weight it on its own. i can tell you that after put together , with pedals and everything, it weighs 7.7kgs.

by Weenie

Emmodd

by Emmodd

none wrote:No other significant issues.

As most internal cable routing, hollow carbon fiber frame the cable inside the frame generate loud banging noise when you hit a nice bump on the road at speed. This frame have the nice removable cable frame covers that allow you to insert rubber o-rings or cable liner to eliminate the cable noises inside the frame. Quite a nice touch.

The front derailleur mounting plate can slip, make sure you do not overtighten that, too.

Spare parts for the frame (seatpost wedge, front & rear derailleur hanger) could be difficult to find, even with manufactuer, the language barrier is likely the problem.

Emmodd wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:31 pm
Guys, as a pure race bike, which Chinese frame would you recommend I look at? I want a rim brake frame so that is the only limiter. All recommendations greatly received.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Depending on your weight, I generally would not recommend a Chinese frame for "pure racing" purpose.
When you're physically pushing the bike at 100% most of the time, as in racing, I would recommend something with better warranty.
I personally like the Chiense carbon frames because they are cheap, look decent and offer decent performance for casual riding on local roads.
Once in a while I will push myself on it for short sprints, some out-of-saddle climbing, or nice paceline at 25 mph.. but that's about the limits how much I would push.
If the bike gets damaged, scratched or stolen, it's not a big loss.
I'm not hammering on it with 100% of my physical capability and expecting it to take the abuse of racing, day after day, when catastrophic
failure have serious consequences.
Maybe it's the old man in me talking, but I like to live & pedal for as long as I can.
Racing is not a priority, especially during COVID time when you want to stay out of hospitals.
Sensible I guess. There's plenty of reputable Chinese brands though aren't there?

Emmodd

by Emmodd

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Emmodd wrote:
Guys, as a pure race bike, which Chinese frame would you recommend I look at? I want a rim brake frame so that is the only limiter. All recommendations greatly received.

Are you looking for an all-around race frameset, or more of an aero frameset?
Either would do. If I went all round I'd be sticking deep wheels and aero bars on it anyway.

Emmodd

by Emmodd

Rubik wrote:
Emmodd wrote:

I've raced my LTK-118 in PRT crits like Gateway Cup (we averaged 31.5 mph in two races) and Sunny King and other big crits like Snake Alley, so pretty diverse courses with about as extreme power outputs as you're likely to find in a criterium (95+ 600w surges at Sunny King, 1400w sprints, 800w surges on cobbled switchbacks at Snake Alley, etc.)

It always worked as expected, cornered well, stiff enough (for my 74 kgs), etc.

I generally race my aero Felt now, but I'd have no issues racing the LTK in any big or small race.
Thank you.

zaak

by zaak

just receive prices in a last few days for the "same" frameset

LT bike 268-D - 380USD + 185USD shipping by DPD
Workswell WCB R 268 - 740USD + 160USD shipping by EMS

prices are for frame, fork and seatpost , 100% same product

design is the same and geo chart are apsolutly identical. Lots of people there claim that is the same frame. Based on web informations Workswell and LT bike are both anufacturer.
Any advise why is LT bike cheaper ( almost 100% )

none

by none

Anyone have experience buying from Aliexpress??
Saw this disc/aero frame on Aliexpress..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000122811917.html

iviattyc

by iviattyc

zaak wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:43 pm

design is the same and geo chart are apsolutly identical. Lots of people there claim that is the same frame. Based on web informations Workswell and LT bike are both anufacturer.
They use the same mould. Carbon layups and other manufacturing techniques will probably be different. Try to find and compare the weights of a matt black carbon frame in the same size. If there is a significant weight differance that will help you decide.

zaak

by zaak

iviattyc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:36 pm
zaak wrote:

They use the same mould. Carbon layups and other manufacturing techniques will probably be different. Try to find and compare the weights of a matt black carbon frame in the same size. If there is a significant weight differance that will help you decide.
just recive emails from both ( LT bike and Workswell ) and frames are almost same weight.
1100 vs 1080g and both with 40g tolerance.

iviattyc

by iviattyc

zaak wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:32 am
iviattyc wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:36 pm
zaak wrote:

just recive emails from both ( LT bike and Workswell ) and frames are almost same weight.
1100 vs 1080g and both with 40g tolerance.
Sounds good. If LT bike have good communication and the frame is in stock then go with them! Ask a few questions about shipping before you pay. I know there have been delays recently.

jelledb

by jelledb

After lots of thinking and looking at aero open mold frames I decided to go for a Yoeleo R12. I was seriously doubting between this one and Winspace's aero frameset. I know both of the frames have a rather high price point for Chinese frames, but are hoping that this is resulting in an overall high quality frameset. Apparently Yoeleo's R12 2021 model got updated slightly, from the older 2020 model. I asked them about shipping time and they promised to send the frame straight after Chinese new year (mid february). I read a few not so assuring stories about yoeleo that their shipping takes ages (especially between the trainsition from 2020 to 2021 model). Has any of the forum members yet received a R12. Any experiences about the shipping times, build quality and the actual ride quality? Thanks!

none

by none

Depending on the destination of the shipment, I have been waiting to receive an e-cargo bike since Xmas, the ship had docked at the port in the US since early DEC, the release of cargo from ship has been delayed 3 times, expect cargo to be released this week finally and my e-cargo bike will be transfered to ground shipment withint the US sometime next week; hopefully, I will receive my e-cargo bike by first or second week of FEB.

Chinese New Year will grind everything to a halt on the Chinese end.
Not sure whether productivity or quality control would be better just before the Chinese workforce goes on the biggest holiday season of their year.

zaak

by zaak

which of these companieas are manufacturer and whi is reseller?

Yoeleo
Ican
Deng Fu
Hong Fu
Workswell
Longteng

ms6073

by ms6073

zaak wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:50 pm
which of these companieas are manufacturer and whi is reseller?
Technically, every name in your list are simply marketing/wholesale/export entities. Some are subsidiaries of the manufacturers, others are independent, but for the most part, all are located in the business center/complex where the actual manufacturering occurs.
- Michael

Vico81

by Vico81

Hi All,

I decided to go with the Lightcarbon. Price was more or less same at all manufacturer but communication and available stock made me to choose Lightcarbon.
I will recommend to communicate with them on Skype, it was really efficient (my contact was John).
The frame just arrived this week, its time to build :)
1.jpg
Vico81 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 am
Hello All,

I am planning to build my first bike and as i have very limited experience with these chinese carbon frames and manufacturers would like to ask your advice /opinion.
Generally, i was falling in love with Canyon Aeroad, but dont want to spend that much on a bike as i am not a racing pro or super rich person. Therefore i tried to find some similar frame or some nice looking aero road frame.
<bike will be used for medium long normal rides 60~120km and also to race in local triathlon/duathlon races>

I have found mainly these frames as best to choose :

1. Yishun R014/ Light Carbon LCR015

https://www.yishunbike.com/new-road-fra ... v_p67.html
https://www.lightcarbon.com/lightcarbon ... _p164.html

Unfortunately, i didnt get any quotation from both company, probably they are just coming back from holiday season. Hopefully they could provide soon.
Frames looks same for me....so if the price not much different which one will you recommend to go with ?

2. Velobuild VB-R-079

http://www.velobuildmall.com/products/v ... road-frame

This frame even looking more aero than Yishun R014, but just worried that handlebar will be may too low in standard condition and if you put spacer it may wont look really nice. Anyone purchased this frame and could give some feedback about it ?

Any other aero road frame you would suggest to buy instead of the aboves ?
(I had tantan also in my mind, but just read too many bad reviews about frames and how they handled it. so removed them from my list atm)

by Weenie