What stem on Deda Superzero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Now I have a 3T ARX LTD Stem on a 3T ergonova 42cm Team Stealth hadlebar, and because I like the Deda Superzero so much I've ordered a Superzero 40cm cc for my Scott Foil. Now is the question what should I do because big red Superzero Logo is gonna go and just the little silver Deda Logo's on the front of the handlebar stay.

* Remove all logo's from 3T stem make it all gloss black with grey stripe on the side, just like the bike is. ( But still with 3T front logo )
* Buy another stem like Deda Superleggero or Superzero. But they are more matt than gloss.

So this without logo's :

or this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlanger

by rlanger

I also just bought the carbon Superzero and I have the older style Superzero stem. They really do look brilliant together, but like you, I don't really like the new logos. I also have the red version.

How do you plan to remove the logo?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Fine grit sand paper, but this also make the stem matte.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Here I removed the Superzero Red logo from the Superzero handlebar with a 800 grid wet paper. After that polished it with a 1200 grid wet paper and commandant scratch remover. Thinking to do the same with the 3T stem, except for the grey bar on the side and the little 110mm and torque spec logo's , and then change the frontplate for 2 Deda front pieces if they fit.

before :

after

rlanger

by rlanger

Ah, that is the older style handlebar. I had the alloy version of that bar and was able to remove that logo simply with nail polish remover. Came off in seconds.

However, the new version has a big ugly red patch on the left side. You can see it here:

http://www.dedaelementi.com/en/superzer ... ar-carbon/

I think your method might work on that label too. Or, I might just try something like acetone first.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

rlanger wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:05 pm
Ah, that is the older style handlebar. I had the alloy version of that bar and was able to remove that logo simply with nail polish remover. Came off in seconds.
On the carbon Superzero handlebar acetone doesn't work, tried it myself. Just grid 1200 and elbow grease will work. And so I've ordered the old style carbon bar like I had , because the Little Silver logo's on the front looks nice. Did get rid of the old 3T logo's on the stem this afternoon , looks a bit better now. You can see the spots were the 3T logo's have been, but without flashlight it looks okay. Might keep it this way otherwise a new Deda Stem will come this way.

Update : New handlebar came in today and was matt * with Red Logo " instead of gloss :evil: so this is what happend -> The Glossy hadlebar that was on the Holdsworth moved to the Scott Foil and matches nice with the 3T stem without 3T logo's . New handelbar with the Red Logo is now on the Holdsworth. don't dare to take the Red Logo of with 1200 grid paper because it might loose it's matt style. :noidea:

rlanger

by rlanger

PinaRene wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:20 pm
Update : New handlebar came in today and was matt * with Red Logo " instead of gloss :evil:
Yeah, love the handlebar, but the new graphics are pretty atrocious IMO. Also, it looks unbalanced to me with the big red patch on the left and a small Deda logo on the right. Can't believe someone would sign off on that design.

So do you plan to just live with it?

Another thing that bugs me slightly is that the alloy bar allowed for internal cable routing of the bar-end junction for Di2. But with the carbon bar, this is impossible. Fortunately, it comes with pre-drilled holes to route the cable from outside the bar-end to the shifter, but I'm a little worried about how this will feel when gripping the bar.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

rlanger wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:13 pm
PinaRene wrote:
Update : New handlebar came in today and was matt * with Red Logo " instead of gloss :evil:
Yeah, love the handlebar, but the new graphics are pretty atrocious IMO. Also, it looks unbalanced to me with the big red patch on the left and a small Deda logo on the right. Can't believe someone would sign off on that design. So do you plan to just live with it ?
As you can read I've ordered the "old-style" Superzero without the big red patch , just the Superzero logo , but it came out more matt than I thought. First version I have is really gloss : But I can't remove the red logo , because it doesn't come out nice after sanding with 1200 grid wet paper. Tried some letters of the RHM text that are under the bar tape, and it isn't nice after sanding. ( Acetone won't work. )

So I put the handlebar on the Holdsworth - and took of the silver Superzero logo on the stem. Will take some pictures later.

Last edited by PinaRene on Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

rlanger

by rlanger

PinaRene wrote:
Update :
As you can read I've ordered the "old-style" Superzero without the big red patch , just the Superzero logo , but it came out more matt than I thought. Firste version I have is really gloss : But I can't remove the red logo , because it doesn't come out nice after sanding with 1200 grid wet paper. Tried some letters of the RHM text that are under the bar tape, and it isn't nice after sanding. ( Acetone won't work. )

So I put the handlebar on the Holdsworth - and took of the silver Superzero logo on the stem. Will take some pictures later.

Oh yeah. That's lucky for you, I think. That design isn't nearly as bad as the new one. I could certainly live with that.

sennder

by sennder

Any comments on Deda Superzero bars vs. 3T Superergo/Ergonova? I'm contemplating getting new bars and want something ergonomic with internal cable routing (mostly for a di2 upgrade in the future).

--Sennder

Orbital

by Orbital

I ran my Superzero bars for less than a year. The cable ports force such tight bends on the brake cables I had to soak the liners with oil so they wouldn’t stick and drag. Nice bars, ports are useless.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Orbital wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:12 am
I ran my Superzero bars for less than a year. The cable ports force such tight bends on the brake cables I had to soak the liners with oil so they wouldn’t stick and drag. Nice bars, ports are useless.
Hmm , don't have any problems with that issue. Have Sram eTap and Campagnolo on these handlebars now , and this is how it came out.

Handlebar ( gloss ) from Holdsworth to Scott Foil. Removed red top logo ( Superzero ) from handlebar and 3T logo's from stem. New handlebar ( matt ) On the Holdsworth - removed grey top logo from stem, and left toplogo on handlebar ( unremovable )

Orbital

by Orbital

I was running mechanical on mine. The ports are basically 3” apart. So you end up with an unneeded loop just to route internally. I took a few pics of mine. I basically left everything on them as I replaced the bars and switched to Campagnolo.

Anyhow, I really loved the shape of the bars I just never understood their thinking behind the ports.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Strange , is that an original Deda Superzero handlebar ? Or is it a Deda Superleggero ? Both my handlebars look like this :

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

sennder wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:04 am
Any comments on Deda Superzero bars vs. 3T Superergo/Ergonova? I'm contemplating getting new bars and want something ergonomic with internal cable routing (mostly for a di2 upgrade in the future).

--Sennder
I can gve you more information in a few weeks. Did 3 rides nog with the new handlebar , and it's a bit smaller than the 3T Ergonova 42cc I have ( #for sale now ). The Deda also has internal routing while the 3T cables run under the bar. When I first saw the shape of the Deda handlebar I thought ... hmm shall I use it , but now I've tried it 3 times I bought a seccond one as you can see for both my bikes.