Gary Fisher Cronus / Wilier Gran Turismo

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

NJBiker72

by NJBiker72

Two bikes I want to check out that I know only a little of. Want to get some opinions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NJBiker72

by NJBiker72

I went to test a Synapse and ended up really liking the Super Six. Then I tested the Tarmac and loved it. Was very close to buying but pulled myself away.

My research was on plush bikes not race bikes. I'm not a racer but really liked the power the Tarmac had.

boots2000

by boots2000

Cronus is a very underrated bike.
Basically a Madone 6 series with relaxed geometry.

giant man

by giant man

Rode a Gran Turismo a month ago, very nice. THE most relaxed geometry on any compact frame imo, more than the Giant TCRs. Out performed only by the Cento Uno imo

NJBiker72

by NJBiker72

giant man wrote:Rode a Gran Turismo a month ago, very nice. THE most relaxed geometry on any compact frame imo, more than the Giant TCRs. Out performed only by the Cento Uno imo

Thanks. After testing, not sure I need relaxed. Have you compared it to a Roubaix/Tarmac?

giant man

by giant man

No i haven't sorry. Imo the wiliers are nice in feel, you should get your leg over a Cento Uno, superb geometry and feel, good luck with it man

TTP

by TTP

I have the Cronus with SR11. I like it very much.

NJBiker72

by NJBiker72

Tested a couple more. Ordered the Tarmac. The Madone and Super 6 were both good too. But the Tarmac was great. The shop is great. The deal was very good.

Most money I've ever spent on myself but I can't wait to get it.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

TTP- where'd you find just a Cronus frameset? I'd be interested....any pics of your build? weight?

NGMN

by NGMN

The Cronus is so sweet. I believe the frame borrows heavily from the sub 900 gram Lemond frames from 2006-07. The geometry isn't too old manish. The fender mounts are a really nice touch.

Frans

by Frans

NGMN wrote:The Cronus is so sweet. I believe the frame borrows heavily from the sub 900 gram Lemond frames from 2006-07. The geometry isn't too old manish. The fender mounts are a really nice touch.

Do you have any pix? Chronus is one of the best ideas out there for a non-full on race bike all-rounder. Was thinking of one for the P-R sportive next year.

BTW it's still available as a Trek Gary Fisher Signature model...

Lobo

by Lobo

I got a Cronus as a warranty replacement for my old broken Klein Q Pro, and am pretty stoked on it. IIRC, I weighed it at around 940 grams (56cm). It doesn't feel like old man geometry at all, but really soaks up bumps well without feeling flexy when sprinting or out of the saddle. The head tube isn't as tall as I had thought, and now I kind of wish I had of ordered the 58cm and just slammed the stem on top of a short headset cover, in order to get my ideal low position.

eric01

by eric01

NGMN wrote:The Cronus is so sweet. I believe the frame borrows heavily from the sub 900 gram Lemond frames from 2006-07. The geometry isn't too old manish. The fender mounts are a really nice touch.

Those lemonds were nice. I test rode the top of the line one --- forgot what it was called. But thought it was a sweet ride. Not super stiff, light, but handled well and responsive. Ended up going with a Cervelo R3.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

TTP

by TTP

ultyguy wrote:TTP- where'd you find just a Cronus frameset? I'd be interested....any pics of your build? weight?

Mellow Johnny's bike shop. I think they may have some new old stock left over.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com