WW bike of 2010 - we have a winner!!!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

WW bike of the year 2010

Poll ended at Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:44 am

1.) Klein Quantum Pro
28%
2.) CC Di2 Time
17%
3.) Pegoretti Responsorium
4%
4.) farm_lim's Canyon Ultimate
17%
5.) worstshotever's Fuji Team Issue.
0%
6.) TMK's Baum Corretto.
11%
7.) BmanX's English steel build.
13%
8.) Eigner's Parlee Z3
4%
9.) Frisco's matte Z4
4%
10.) DANICA SLC-SL
2%

Total votes: 224

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

So was thinkin' a bit when I was out for a ride today (I'd swear that part of me needs more lube than the drivetrain! :lol: ) about which bike would make the best claim for WW bike of the year.

So thought we should do a poll, however first of all I think nominations for the poll should take place. I was thinking maximum of 3 nominations per person and the 10 with the most nominations will go in to the final poll.
Now in the spirit of Weight Weenies the bike needs to come in at sub 6.8kg/15lbs. So that will preclude some great builds that are just over that weight. But hey, thems the breaks.

What do we think?

I'll kick it off with my 3 nominations:

- worstshotever's Fuji Team Issue. Given the starting point, the budget and the fact that worstshot built it all up himself I'm still super impressed with this build! And the cheeky scamp was lucky enough to start the thread on New Years Day :lol:

- TMK's Baum Corretto. Having seen this bike in real life I can honestly say pic's don't do it justice. It. Is. Stunning!

- BmanX's English steel build. Steels and 6's kg's! Just awesome!

Congratulations Extrasgrilli! Who, whilst not the most prolific of posters on here, no left us in no doubt on who the clear winner for WWotY for 2010 was. Well done :beerchug:
Last edited by Tinea Pedis on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 am, edited 6 times in total.

Roobay

by Roobay

Raxels addict
peggoretti responsium :thumbup:
Jr
Last edited by Roobay on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

by Weenie

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Ha, great selection of bikes there, TP, except my crap little Fuj! I appreciate the nod to my status as the ultimate in cheap WWs, however ($420 for the frame, yeah baby!) P.s. That first post may have gone up on New Years Day on your end, but in the top side of the world where I exist, I posted on Dec. 31, 2009 at 12:38pm. So I guess it turns on whose time zone counts, recipient or sender. :unbelievable: :noidea:

I think coloclimber's tuned and DI2 drilled Time, and the other one posted in that same thread, both qualify -- even if coloclimber wasn't thrilled with the ride of his in the end so much. There's some amazing Parlees I've seen posted lately, and this Pegoretti Responsorium thread in my view showcased a simply gorgeous, sexy bike.

But I think my vote may go to that Baum: custom, TI, light, and that paint job is second to none!

devinci

by devinci

Its not real light, but I like how Fail's caad9 went out. I like the classy/racy look of the bike. Im on a caad9 mood right now so I might be biased.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=71672&hilit=caad9

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Perhaps we can finalize the list and then put up a poll? How was this done in years past?

As mentioned above, please add Coloclimber's Di2 Time to the list. That was easily one of the most interesting and followed threads for a while. Because so much of it involved customizing and tuning, it followed the spirit of WW more than most of the other ones already listed, even though some of those are pretty damn sexy.

As for another sexy, how about the vintage throwback with new life?
The Klein Quantum Pro at 5780g.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

devinci

by devinci

oh sh|!t

I forgot this one, what an incredible bike. The orange is just unique.

giant man

by giant man

Has to be discoverspeed's Dogma for me, lovely looking and excellent colour co-ordination.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Yes, and isn't colour co-ordination what weight weenies is all about, after all?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I'm gonna miss the deadline. :twisted:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

prendrefeu wrote:Perhaps we can finalize the list and then put up a poll? How was this done in years past?

That's the idea. Hence asking for nominations...

prendrefeu wrote:it followed the spirit of WW more than most of the other ones already listed

Not that you're taking your subjective opinion as a fact of course....

If we get more than 10 nom's, I'll go to votes. Otherwise the 10 nominated all make the final poll. And devinci, sorry mate it's not under 6.8kg. I loved that build too, but rules are rules.

devinci

by devinci

Tinea Pedis wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:Perhaps we can finalize the list and then put up a poll? How was this done in years past?

That's the idea. Hence asking for nominations...

prendrefeu wrote:it followed the spirit of WW more than most of the other ones already listed

Not that you're taking your subjective opinion as a fact of course....

If we get more than 10 nom's, I'll go to votes. Otherwise the 10 nominated all make the final poll. And devinci, sorry mate it's not under 6.8kg. I loved that build too, but rules are rules.

:S sorry my bad, didnt read correctly

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

No worries.

Gum - just do like worstshot did and start your Intro on the 1st of Jan :wink:

istepinyards

by istepinyards

Farm_lim's Black Canyon Ultimate CF is top 10 for me and has yet to be considered :beerchug:

by Weenie

Getter

by Getter

Another vote for Farm's Canyon.

That thing is sooo badass. One thing is the weight...but the other cool factor is the limited use of "boutique" parts to achieve the coolness. :mrgreen: