Waterproof cycling jacket

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

geraintnorman

by geraintnorman

I'm looking for a waterproof cycling jacket which has some sort of lining for warmth. Any recommendations?

poshnsway

by poshnsway

The Endura Stealth is very good, it has a warm lining and works like an old buffalo jacket. The more you work the more your body heat makes the fabric breath more. Basicaly the greater the temp differance between inside the jacket and outside the better it will breath.. when you are cold, it keeps you body heat in, and when you are hot, it lets the heat out.
Works best in winter.
Great jacket.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jo.k

by jo.k

Agreed on the Endura Stealth, very good jacket for winter conditions. I also use mine for cross-country skiing and running when it's really cold. It has zippers going from the armpit both all the way to the hip and 3/4 length of the arms. Minor drawback is that these zippers require the use of both hands to be operated...

CBJ

by CBJ

Some nice features on that jacket. The only missing is the long curved collar that Gore Bike Wear has on their jacket to protect all the way to the chin.

showdown

by showdown

Keep the water shedding properties separate from the insulation...

That is, rather than getting an insulated waterproof jacket you should look into getting several layers of insulation- a good long sleeve base layer like Craft, a long sleeve gore-tex or similar layer and then a waterproof shell... In my experience riding in the rain and cold and winter it's best to have multiple layers that can be added and removed ccording to the fluctuating temperature and conditions than to have one piece to try and do it all...

Layers!

Rick

by Rick

I like layers also.
Then, I also carry the Specialized Rain Cape everywhere for rain, or if I just get chilly. It is so light (~60 gms) and it folds up into a sandwich baggy.

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDeta ... ctID=17447

This is just an example. I don't recommend buying it there necessarily.

todibble

by todibble

Check out Showers Pass. They are based out of Portland, and it rains there... a lot. They have some great products with varying degrees of warmth, but all very waterproof. I have done 5+ hours in constant rain using their jackets and stayed happy as a clam.

www.showerspass.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Reported replies from anntaylor and Emma22 which appear to be bots.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com