2011 FELT

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mythical

by mythical

I really dig the new geometries! The '11 Felt F1 is the first production bike I've seen with a short enough head tube to fit me properly. I'd even have to use a spacer! :thumbup:

And it just so happen that my Scott Addict with a cracked top tube needs a replacing... :mrgreen:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spartan

by spartan

Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

53x12

by 53x12

Hot stuff!!!

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

Ooops, sorry guys didn't realize the pics would come out that large!
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

NGMN

by NGMN

Just a heads up to anyone wanting Caad10esque features without going Cannondale, I believe Dave said the F75(and I'm guessing the FA frameset) are BB30 compatible and have a tapered steerer.

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

NGMN wrote:Just a heads up to anyone wanting Caad10esque features without going Cannondale, I believe Dave said the F75(and I'm guessing the FA frameset) are BB30 compatible and have a tapered steerer.

Thanks, you are right.

The F75 and FA frames have moved to the tapered 1.125" --> 1.5" for. The same one used on the F4 level carbon bikes and the same monocoque mold and construction method as the F1. The F75, F15x, F75x, and S22 7005 aluminum frames have all moved to BB30 compatible shells.

-SD

giant man

by giant man

53x12 wrote:Hot stuff!!!

Oh dear, i don't personally think this colour scheme is good for this frame. I love the garmin transitions team colours and before that the Chipotle was fantastic, but imo the frame is the wrong shape for the black on black thing. Other frames such as the Dogma and EPS colnago it's fine but I'm not sure about the AR1.

mythical

by mythical

Personally, I quite like this colour scheme as well:

“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

mythical

by mythical

spud wrote:Does anyone know how the cable routing works on this frameset?
The cable routing can be for either Di2 (internal):

...or regular cables:

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Did anyone else notice the differences between the DA that the pros ride and the one pictured in the catalogue and white paper? The swan S downtube is gone and replaced by a standard front wheel cutout. What's the deal?

giant man

by giant man

This is my favourite from a couple of years ago. 2009 one I believe I don't personally think this frame should be kept plain coloured as in the black-black example above. But apparently the handling isn't as good as the later ones now ie '10 and '11 models. But to me, that is just gorgeous. Apologies to whose pic it is though ...
Attachments
AE1chipotle-smaller.jpg

tranzformer

by tranzformer

justkeepedaling wrote:Did anyone else notice the differences between the DA that the pros ride and the one pictured in the catalogue and white paper? The swan S downtube is gone and replaced by a standard front wheel cutout. What's the deal?

Yeah I am also very interested in this. There is a thread going on ST about it. Hopefully SuperDave will give us an idea behind the change if there is one?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi? ... ead#unread

Ronin

by Ronin

SuperDave wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:...waiting for Super Dave to chime in about this frame....

any second now... come on man, we know you're reading these forums, tell us more about the 2011 Felt lineup.

I'm happy to answer any of your questions. I'm sure you don't want me to just blab some prepared marketing material or repost our press release. What are you interested in exactly?

-SD

SuperDave is the pricing for the F1 frameset confirmed at $2799? Also when will it be available at the LBS dealers? Thanks a lot...

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Ronin wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:...waiting for Super Dave to chime in

SuperDave is the pricing for the F1 frameset confirmed at $2799? Also when will it be available at the LBS dealers? Thanks a lot...

No, $2800 was the MSRP for the 2010 F1 frameset. The 2011 Frameset will retail for $3499. Frame delivery will depend on which global market you are in. I'd expect them to arrive in the late fall, sometime around the end of November or early December. Complete bicycle production will take a priority over framesets. We'll also be introducing some additional options and models for these F1 frames.

-SD
Last edited by SuperDave on Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ahillock

by Ahillock

Any confirmation on the weight of the F1 frame? Or will this be like the Guru where it comes in severely over weight?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com