the cycling commercials horror

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

reviving an old topic, but for a good reason - this one's actually kinda.. fantastic :D I can't remember when was the last time a tv ad made me buy something, but this one surely has - I made my first purchase at their online shop yesterday, now I'm waiting for a long sleeve and some tights to ship in :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iIhf6gm7NQ
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Love the clip stack !!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

So I guess I should buy cycling clothing worn by a moron who does a tip over right in front of a vehicle in traffic, because that guy obviously knows what he's doing on a bike and therefore in his selection of bicycle gear.

But that clothing s very WW - lightens your wallet considerably.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

you can always get lapassione - can't find their ad on yt, but it's so MAMIL-oriented it hurts. funny how these two ads go together (if you watch Eurosport, they're both there)
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Interesting marketing decision. That creative strategy could best be described as self deprication? I just see a bunch of people who haven't got their sh** together. Entertaining though.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

otoman

by otoman

Ha! Good ad. He even fell down on the drive side for that track stand fail... clearly he is committed to his art
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

gurk700

by gurk700

Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:12 pm
Interesting marketing decision. That creative strategy could best be described as self deprication? I just see a bunch of people who haven't got their sh** together. Entertaining though.
I just see real people who are learning (like we all have) being represented i.e. not pro wanna be’s who are elitist and exclusive. I think it’s very refreshing to see.