Page 1005 of 1889

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 pm
by DartanianX
New Lampre Merida TT rig in detail.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-36405/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:09 pm
by bruno2000
What Fulcrum rear disq wheel is that?

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:17 pm
by euan
DartanianX wrote:New Lampre Merida TT rig in detail.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-36405/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


For now, Petacchi and Pozzato are riding prototypes of it, with customised dimensions that suit their extreme positions


ORL?

Sarto.

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:15 pm
by jooo
bruno2000 wrote:What Fulcrum rear disq wheel is that?

A new one! Not for sale yet AFAIK but seen a bit in testing already.

Shown here on JVDB's bike at the Tour for example:
Image

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:53 pm
by pastronef
it looks like Lotto have their own "Gabba" style jerseys

http://twitter.com/richardjbennett/stat ... 68/photo/1

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm
by MattSoutherden
Willier wrote:Wiggins has ditched the O`symetrics:


Don't Sky often put the bikes out for photo ops with the sponsor correct stuff on, then change back the parts pre-use?

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:09 pm
by nathanong87
MattSoutherden wrote:
Willier wrote:Wiggins has ditched the O`symetrics:


Don't Sky often put the bikes out for photo ops with the sponsor correct stuff on, then change back the parts pre-use?


no

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 pm
by hna
I think they did when some of the riders where racing Hed wheels instead of Shimano. The Shimano wheels were present in official photoshoots.

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm
by Rodrego Hernandez
MattSoutherden wrote:
Willier wrote:Wiggins has ditched the O`symetrics:


Don't Sky often put the bikes out for photo ops with the sponsor correct stuff on, then change back the parts pre-use?



Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 pm
by KWalker
BMC does it too and got mad when I pointed out that "Gilbert's race winning bike" didn't have the same saddle, stem, or bars as the one he clearly rode to the win in all known videos and pictures.

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 pm
by wingguy
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!


That's good, 'cos Zipp would probably be pretty pissed off otherwise.

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:59 pm
by Ghost234
KWalker wrote:BMC does it too and got mad when I pointed out that "Gilbert's race winning bike" didn't have the same saddle, stem, or bars as the one he clearly rode to the win in all known videos and pictures.



Gilbert has admitted publicly that he has switched from BMC sponsor stuff to his personal pedals, saddle & (I think) handlebars. He said that when he joined BMC he did his typical "duty", but switched to his old stuff right around the Vuelta.

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:43 pm
by Rodrego Hernandez
wingguy wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!


That's good, 'cos Zipp would probably be pretty pissed off otherwise.


Sorry, this was when they were meant to be riding Specialized wheels and weren't sponsored by zipp!

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 pm
by wingguy
Apologies, I couldn't remember that they ever had run Rovals!

Re: "PRO" Cycling Discussion

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:48 pm
by djconnel
KWalker wrote:I want to think that Cancellara couldn't have picked the stupidest possible Puerto codename if Hamilton's story is true.


So is Luigi a reference to the actor, then?

I think in hindsight these names were transparent. But I doubt the riders expected Fuentes to be raided and the bags confiscated. It's a bit like locking your bike in your own garage. It's easy to get sloppy: you don't expect anyone to get in there in the first place.