"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Posix1b

by Posix1b

When Contador was caught:

The report focuses very heavily on the concentration of clenbuterol in the urine in various cases. For example, it is mentioned that cases of food poisoning which produce symptoms usually occur with a concentration of around 9 ng/ml, or 200 times greater than Contador’s level. The article also explains that WADA requires that its accredited-laboratories must be able to detect Clenbuterol at a level of 2ng/ml – this is referred to as the Minimum Required Performance Level (MRPL).

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2010/09 ... -positive/

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

ave wrote:It does not make much sense that he stayed in China after the race. (Known for bad pollution, food contamination, etc.)
If I were him I'd have left China on the morning of 16th, maybe right after the race. That would mean at least 4 whole days in Japan before the doping test.

Fortunately though you're not him :?

Why would he make a statement that could be quickly discredited by someone digging up his flights?

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Posix

I know what is half-life is

What I mean, is, if you ingest a dosis that is enough to have blood content of 10 times the minimal dosis for a positive test, then you will need 4 half-lives before being able to give a negative blood test.

Much more days than 48h so you can't answer "the half time is 48h" at someone who said there might have been 5 days between ingestion and the test sample

pastronef

by pastronef

ave

by ave

>Why would he make a statement that could be quickly discredited by someone digging up his flights?
"If I were him" - I didn't stated anything.
Anyhow, I guess you're not in the know either, but you're perfectly happy to accept that he ate Chinese contamined food, and that raised the positive? It's a hypothesis. As is his flight schedules.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

pastronef wrote:Us Postal team salaries 2002-2004

https://www.twitter.com/thebikeshow/sta ... to/1/large

Nice. Dylan Casey is still fast. He's on the local group rides all the time.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

TwiggyTN wrote:I also saw that Clen is a bronchial dilator used sometimes to treat asthma. Is this true?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Correct.
Clenbuterol which is actually the active ingredient of the pharmaceutical drug Spiropent which is a bronchilator, treatment for asthma, and given to race horses in the racing industry.
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

Posix1b

by Posix1b

@Gonzalez I'm not discounting what you're saying. He's either super dumb or telling the truth. We'll find out in few weeks.

KWalker

by KWalker

lots of bodybuilders use clen. There was a point in time where you could buy it offline, readily under a different label in gel cap form. No one regulates this shit, but when tested the capsules were 100% clen. Same company that just got busted for selling DNP off label.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

MarkTwain

by MarkTwain

ave wrote:I didn't stated anything.

Well, actually you did. There's a pile of reasons why he could have wanted to stay in China. I don't see how you saying "if I were him" does anything but give the impression you know how to train better than a professional rider.

ave wrote:Anyhow, I guess you're not in the know either, but you're perfectly happy to accept that he ate Chinese contamined food, and that raised the positive?

I didn't say that at all (unlike your above assertation).

I'm happy to wait until more facts come out and possibly have an opinion then. Rather than shooting from the hip, when there are presently a lot of unknowns.

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Taking clenbuterol as an endurance athlete just doesn't make sense. Yes it does help increase lean muscle mass, specifically fast twitch muscle fibers, and decrease fat mass, but it has many negative effects that would outweigh its benefits for endurance athletes. Studies have shown that the use of clenbuterol decreases cardiorespiratory fitness, which causes its user to be unable to maintain their normal level of intensity during workouts/competition. The drug also causes cardiomyopathy, or enlarged hearts, through fiberous connective tissue and collagen, not muscle. It decreases cardiac output and increases the risk of cardiac arrhythmias. It can also lead to cardiac cell (myocardium) degeneration. Other side effects include muscle cramp and hypertension. World tour cyclists should not have an issue reaching ideal race weight, lean mass/fat mass ratio, or strength given all their "legal" resources.

Basically, a team doctor, athlete doctor, or whatever you want to call him/her with any background in pharmacology would have to be an idiot to prescribe clenbuterol to a professional cyclist.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Interesting to note that Australia's Cycling federation (CA) is seeking "maximum ban" if Rogers is found guilty.
This is a stark contrast from what we've seen when it's a Spanish rider (or, historically, an Italian... although Italy has been getting better about not playing bias)

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/cycling ... --spt.html
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Posix1b

by Posix1b

@hornedfrog Very strange drug indeed!

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/01/ ... rol_146328

An Elite runner was caught using this drug this week too! http://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runne ... doping-ban

pastronef

by pastronef

Avanti Racing jersey (former Huon Genesys)

https://www.twitter.com/AvantiRacing/st ... 00/photo/1

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com