"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Stefano

by Stefano

Oooh I like that idea! That would give teams a real incentive not to dope their riders- plus, nobody would touch riders who looked remotely suspicious because the risk would be too high.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Hitting team owners and DS for their riders doping infractions (its basically no more that making an employer liable for their employees actions on the job) is such an obvious step forward one can only assume UCI hasn't proposed it cos they and the teams really aren't that serious about eliminating doping.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Routier

by Routier

It looks as though that Tinkov nutter has bought out Bjarne Riis' Team Saxo and got Google onboard as title sponsor

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Cykling/2013/11/29/184947.htm

Fiery

by Fiery

KWalker wrote:
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Blythe won nice races on higher bars when he was a Lotto rider!

That is a dramatic change of position.

I wonder why/when it changed? Being a track rider I'm sure he is used to putting out power being low and his role as a rider has changed. I'd love to see the hyper low/mega drop positions tunnel tested mainly to see if Gerard Vroomen's theory about riders increasing drag by lowering bars too much is true.

Obviously not perfect due to different angles and different sitting position, but he's definitely lower in the new position, not just extending the arms as Vroomen would expect.

CeCa

by CeCa

from another forum

www.best-steroid-shop.com/nos-produits/ ... guine.html

Sponsored rider Schleck ! black humor !

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Leviathan wrote:Hitting team owners and DS for their riders doping infractions (its basically no more that making an employer liable for their employees actions on the job) is such an obvious step forward one can only assume UCI hasn't proposed it cos they and the teams really aren't that serious about eliminating doping.

I'm sure they have talked it through and quickly came to the conclusion very few sponsors would consider that an acceptable risk.

I'm inventing this average, but one out of 25 individuals is going to cheat/steal/break the law/ cut in line/whatever in their daily life, and in the cycling scenario that individual knowing the entire team and sponsor would be punished isn't likely to deter them.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Anyone caught doping shall be punished by having olev tinkoff as their employer

MarkGiardini

by MarkGiardini

petepeterson wrote:Anyone caught doping shall be punished by having olev tinkoff as their employer

And be subjected to a daily wake up call from Oleg with his non sensical rumblings
KWalker wrote:chill out perv dogs, homegirl is still only 17.

CBJ

by CBJ

lol - smart though by Riis now to sell as they doping hounds are closing in on him.

On a different note there needs to be a separate thread for Pro bike position seems like a recurring topic for some of the members. Personally I have not found the love for the topic yet :-)

KWalker

by KWalker

In 1400+ pages it has maybe come up a dozen times. Scroll past and quit complaining.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I find the discussion on position interesting and it's probably lot more useful for most of us than who is and is not using banned substances.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I find pro positions to be painful and numbing... can't imagine how these guys ride such poor-fitting bikes.

Fiery

by Fiery

I find it ignorant and disrespectful to automatically dismiss something just because one doesn't understand or personally like it. Professionals spend countless hours on their "poor-fitting" bicycles. Do you think they would do that in a position that was painful and numbing?

Take Cancellara for example - while recovering from his clavicle fracture, he had to raise the handlebar on his bicycle. The resulting position was bearable for his injured shoulder but caused pain in his back and knees. Quote: I must sit upright as much as possible, which isn’t comfortable. See full article at http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cancellara-on-road-to-recovery

Just to make it clear, I do believe there is peer pressure among racers, amateur and professional, to have the typical "long and low" position even when a rider could be better served with less drop and/or reach, but assuming all the extreme positions are poorly fitting is simply wrong.

CBJ

by CBJ

KWalker wrote:In 1400+ pages it has maybe come up a dozen times. Scroll past and quit complaining.

Lol chill out dude I left a smiley face. A little reflection is never bad.

KWalker

by KWalker

Didn't see it, my bad.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com