"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

aerozy

by aerozy

In other news, new nike (branded) shoes for Blythe

They definitely look the business! I wish they'd be made available to the general public! Reminds me of those Bont aero shoes but with a boa closure system.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Can only worn by people that can crank out 400 watts per hr.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Beautiful in a so hideous it's good sort of way. Now here's to hoping he has the kit to match them....
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

russianbear

by russianbear

KWalker wrote:I give up. I asked Joe what his frame size was and it was on the Retul screen and know its the one with the 59.5 top tube. Wiggins rides the same size albeit with a more aggressive position. If his seat height is correctly listed as is his reach, my stack and reach template would put him on the size that Velonews states unless I'm entering something wrong. Both of them have very tall seat heights, which makes the frames look smaller than they really are. Also, the Pinarello headtube looks shorter than it is because of the weird integrated aero fork crown.

Thanks for the answer! I'm not sure why everyone can't read the fact that you were there for (end of) his fitting and actually.. heard it from his mouth.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Aacch, enough already. 1) there is no dogma with a "59.5 top tube". 2) the Pinarello "size" is 59.5 which has a top tube of 58.7. I presume this is the frame that Kwalker is referring to. In essence, as close to a "size 60" as Pinarello makes. Move on.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AGW

by AGW

plpete wrote:Quite possible it's a 56 or so. It's also not unusual for pros to run a smaller frame size with a longer stem and more drop in order to achieve the more aero position. Their conditioning also makes them quite flexible so being that stretched out is comfortable for them.

People need to quit parroting this load of BS. Maybe this was the case 10 years ago, but it hasn't been accurate for a long time. The opposite is usually true: the weekend warriors buy spacer-replete frames a size or two too large, so when they see a pro on a correctly-sized racing bike they make baseless statements about flexibility and conditioning. Thus is born this mantra that is usually followed by "you don't need what the pros need", and the vicious cycle repeats.

The only teams I see running "small" frames are BMC and [maybe] Garmin. The rest are on the correct frame for their size. Argos-Shimano riders are actually on F1s that fit Felt's sizing chart recommendations. :smartass:

twigstim

by twigstim

Those shoes are sexual. Good to see clothing manufacturers get closely involved with riders in this way.

russianbear

by russianbear

jooo wrote:
aerozy wrote:Great overall win for Moreno in the tour of langkawi!

except that he hasn't won overall, there are 2 stages left to race :noidea:

Yeah but whoever wins on the highland stage typically wins the whole thing barring disaster.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

stella-azzurra wrote:Oh pay attention to this guy Andrew Talansky as well

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/talansk ... paris-nice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Big fan! Rode the amateur L'ain last year where I got to see him win a stage and the overall. The kid has got balls, I like balls.

djconnel

by djconnel

AGW wrote:\People need to quit parroting this load of BS

I keep reading how super-flexible the pros are. But then I am sure I've also read (from Vroomen? From Pruitt?) that the pros are no more flexible than typical recreational riders the same age. I do know Cancellara was asked how much stretching he did and his reply was essentially none.

They ride their bike a lot and get used to the position, one way or another.

jooo

by jooo

russianbear wrote:
jooo wrote:
aerozy wrote:Great overall win for Moreno in the tour of langkawi!

except that he hasn't won overall, there are 2 stages left to race :noidea:

Yeah but whoever wins on the highland stage typically wins the whole thing barring disaster.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much expect it to be a formality but things aren't over till they're over. Weird things certainly can happen:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/peloton-struck-down-by-illness-at-tour-de-langakwi

AGW

by AGW

ultyguy wrote:
stella-azzurra wrote:Oh pay attention to this guy Andrew Talansky as well

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/talansk ... paris-nice" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Big fan! Rode the amateur L'ain last year where I got to see him win a stage and the overall. The kid has got balls, I like balls.

I think it was the ITT in Romandie last year where he rode himself onto the podium. He was actually the virtual leader on the road even while Wiggins was chasing him. I think he was the only rider all season to cut into Wiggins TT time that way.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

ultyguy wrote:The kid has got balls, I like balls.

That came out wrong didn't it? :lol: :smartass: Or not :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Kasparz

by Kasparz

HammerTime2 wrote:Ha, ha, take that, all you fashion Nazis. Frame pump, saddlebag, bottles don't match, and pic with bike not in top gear.

Frame pump is europro. Saddlebag is not, but tubular mounted under the saddle is very europro. Maching bottles is a must unless they are part of frames color scheme. Gears are not that important if you take a picture while training.

AGW

by AGW

stella-azzurra wrote:
ultyguy wrote:The kid has got balls, I like balls.

That came out wrong didn't it? :lol: :smartass: Or not :lol:

You need to broaden your horizons :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGiPpFG4PY&t=1m24s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com