Here we go again...Floyd confesses!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PDXWheels
Shop Owner

by PDXWheels

Myerson's writing can be a bit dramatic at times, but this is spot on....

http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2010/05 ... -boy-floyd

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

PDXWheels wrote:Myerson's writing can be a bit dramatic at times, but this is spot on....

http://www.cycle-smart.com/blog/2010/05 ... -boy-floyd

Good article, thanks for the link.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

PezTech wrote:As for Floyd.

For me, I appreciate when people own their actions.

I have no respect for people to try and clean their image by soiling others.

Especially when they wait until it doesn't hurt them when they finally admit it.

I don't know what you do for a living, but I will say this-I believe it's very easy for someone to have such views if they've never worked in the field of criminal law.

The truth, unfortunately in this world of ours does not come in the neat and tidy little package you may require for it to be palatable. The truth is sometimes exposed when someone is either seeking revenge or a reduced sentence. In criminal conspiracies, many times the only people who could give eye witness accounts of what transpired are the very people who were involved in said conspiracy.

There are many who believe Armstrong was and is clean winning against heavily doped riders, or if he wasn't clean it doesn't matter because everyone else was/is doping. These obfuscations only serve to muddy the waters.

You may not like where or how the truth is presented, but if we were to use your criteria hardly anyone in the US would ever be convicted for the laws they break. The New York City Mafia boss John Gotti would not have been put in prison if it weren't for the testimony of his henchman Sammy "The Bull" Gravano. As morally reprehensible a character as Gravano was and despite the fact he gave evidence first and foremost to save his own skin, it didn't make his testimony any less true.

And since there will probably never be the proof that many require to even consider that Armstrong systematically doped throughout his career, that there is no way this could even be considered a remote possibility, it is now in the hands of those who sit in judgment at the head of the kangaroo court of public opinion.

The fanboys will remain unswayed, and the haters will now have more ammunition going forward to hurl at the source of their ire. In the end this may change nothing, which is what I believe. It is why Armstrong cynically aligned his self-interests with those who stand to financially gain from any association with him, regardless of how remote.
Last edited by J-Nice on Thu May 20, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

Chiva

by Chiva

This comes as no suprise. Everyone on the inside had to know. All the trainers, physicians, etc. It's too big a skeleton to hide in such a small closet. The part about the team bus pulling over and the whole team getting transfused even makes it more believable. This is par for the course in pro cycling. How could it be any other way? I mean come on, 7w/kg on the final climb after 5-6 hrs of racing. Lemond was right on when he said the best anyone in his day or himself could do was 6w/kg. That's rested too, not at the end of a 7 hrs stage. So today's 7w/kg performances or even 6w/kg after a 5-7 hrs stage really are super-human. I believe Simoni called it "Extra-terrestial". Let's not be naive. What else did you expect? A non-doper to beat all the dopers?????????

Chiva

Dilbert

by Dilbert

Of all the things said about pro cycling, this ties in with all the other "incidents", cover up, super human performances against doped up opposition (Ulrich, Basso...) etc.

If he is making all this up, he must be completely insane:

Bruneel introduced him to Dope
Armstrong doped & supplied him
Riis knowingly provided funding for dope.
Jim Ochowitz also knew about it
Allen Lim named as accomplice
Hincapie, Zabriski, Leipheimer all doped
UCI taking bribes to cover up positive tests

Sounds like a pretty detailed account to have dreamed up. I believe it, like the Sinkowitz confession it has a ring of truth to it, imo. Sadly, I also think nothing will come of this, except for Landis being crucified. Lots of people make lots of money from cycling, and he named a lot of very rich and very powerful people to be filthy, low life cheaters, plus he alleged corruption in the organizing body. A brave confession, but I expect that the only thing that will happen is the cycling world going into overdrive to discredit everything he says.

xcfisher

by xcfisher

This particular article made my day. If you don't agree with my humor, please excuse me. :mrgreen:

"Report: Landis admits doping and fingers Armstrong"

http://www.komonews.com/sports/94461449.html

J.v.S.

by J.v.S.

Not sure if Landis is completely aware of what he has just triggered. This one could get massive, for him, for those accused and most of all - unfortunately - for those who still believed in the accused and not only enjoyed the show.
None of those riders who have testified so far (see Kohl, Jaksche, Sinkewitz, etc.) were nearly as close to what could be called the epicenter of cycling as Landis and neither did they accuse the highest governing bodies.
Expect massive amounts of spin and law talk in the up-coming weeks.

I still love to ride my bike, with or without these clowns.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

J-Nice wrote:I don't know

:thumbup:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

And Armstrong jus crashed and abandoned in the Amgen Tour of California. hummmm :twisted:

10:55 PDT
The peloton is on a dead-straight, completely flat and wide-open stretch of road for approximately the next four miles.

10:56 PDT
We have a crash! Lance Armstrong (RadioShack) is down along with riders from HTC-Columbia, BMC Racing, Fly V Australia and Rabobank.

Medical assistance has been requested for Armstrong.

10:59 PDT
The peloton was at mile 4 when the crash occurred and the peloton is slowing down to wait for the return of the riders taken down in the crash.

Levi Leipheimer (RadioShack) has just returned to the field. We're not sure if he went down.

All riders are now up and moving, making their way through the caravan back to the peloton. Not a pleasant way to start out the day for those involved.

11:24 PDT
The peloton is currently spread out across the entire road with the Garmin-Transitions squad of race leader David Zabriskie at the front.

11:25 PDT (173.8km remaining from 195.5km)
Lance Armstrong (RadioShack) has abandoned!

The peloton is currently at mile 13.5 and not racing yet.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ritcheykestrel
Shop Owner

by ritcheykestrel

Now, I feel bad for Floyd. Before, not so much.

Things have changed. He denied, denied, denied and wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars, including OTHER PEOPLES MONEY that donated to him!!

Now, he is dead to the World pretty much.

And if you read the Cyclingnews article, McQuiad(sp?) said he is not sure what the acused will do legally to Floyd now. And of course, they will! You know it. They have to or the biggest person in cycling will be brought down as well as a multimillion dollar foundation! Which, it won't and can't happen as Lance would most likely have some civil and possible criminal charges of fraud thrown out there.

In todays age, it will most likely get pushed aside in one way or another. But, Floyd will get hammered in so many ways it's not funny.

Dilbert

by Dilbert

I don't think it will get massive. With the Festina affair in 1998 ther was a car full of EPO. This confession will go the way of the Andreu/Sinkewitz/Kohl confessions.

Telling response from the UCI head honcho:
"These guys coming out now with things like this from the past is only damaging the sport. If they've any love for the sport they wouldn't do it."
Hmmm.. :noidea:

Imagine if Landis does have some evidence / photos or such. Now that would be funny. :twisted:

Frans

by Frans

Perfectly straight road eh? How ironic that was the post before the crash. Was Lance riding beside Morgan Tsvangirai's car perhaps?

The UCI is the worst off morally for me because the teams' silence is normal because they are seeking advantage over other teams, but for a governing body to take bribes (Verrbruggen) and McQuaid to say that people are out to kill the sport is so weak. So weak. What a politician, he'll go far.

A great story on Radio 4 about how Samarache rose out of Franco Spain and was hired by the Russians to make their games work. That seemingly last change job paved the way to make him a unifier of cold war countries and also really good at taking bribes. McQuaid is just looking at other at the top of his profession for his own play-book.

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

ritcheykestrel wrote:Now, I feel bad for Floyd. Before, not so much.

Things have changed. He denied, denied, denied and wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars, including OTHER PEOPLES MONEY that donated to him!!

Now, he is dead to the World pretty much.

And if you read the Cyclingnews article, McQuiad(sp?) said he is not sure what the acused will do legally to Floyd now. And of course, they will! You know it. They have to or the biggest person in cycling will be brought down as well as a multimillion dollar foundation! Which, it won't and can't happen as Lance would most likely have some civil and possible criminal charges of fraud thrown out there.

In todays age, it will most likely get pushed aside in one way or another. But, Floyd will get hammered in so many ways it's not funny.

The accused will do nothing. You have any idea how big of a shit storm would open up if Landis was given subpoena power in an open court room? Everyone named would be on the stand, under oath, and they'de have to answer all the questions we've all wondered for years. The claim that Lance's ex wife was a witness to the exchanges is explosive.

Not sure how much experience you have with court rooms in the United States but libel and slander are next to impossible to prosecute.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

J-Nice

by J-Nice

PezTech wrote:
J-Nice wrote:I don't know

:thumbup:

Your childish retort speaks volumes. Weren't you the one whining about civility a couple of posts ago?

Oh, I forgot-this is how you get when challenged on some of the nonsense you periodically post. Carry on. :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

But I understand, Pez. I am not without empathy. It must be a tough pill to swallow having your hero exposed for the monumental, chemically enhanced fraud he has always been.
Last edited by J-Nice on Thu May 20, 2010 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

icebreaker

by icebreaker

paddy wrote:for the good of the sport i hope that for god's sake that landis sticks to his guns now and sees this process out to the bitter end.

i hope the uci then acts and then bans everyone implicated if there is enough evidence against them and following due process.

there's been too much lies and deceit from everyone at the highest levels of pro cycling for too long. it's time to clean it up properly.

The UCI aren't going to do anything but circle the wagons and defend Armstrong.

This is going to have to come from WADA or the French courts.

The US media will tire of the story quickly and unless a BALCO type case is quickly evident the North American authorities will forget about it as soon as football season starts.

It's up to the French.

I doubt that you will ever see Armstrong riding a bike publicly, ever again though. Anywhere.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com