BMX Weight Weenie

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

We'll soon do an article on our site about both of bikes we built for Corben, with much better pictures.

Though, if you're after true weight weenie stuff here is my own personal bmx bike, it's just a tad under 11 pounds.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

austke

by austke

Love the Crumpton, always really nice bikes. Are any of these Weenie BMX parts available through your shop? Or is it custom one off parts like the Crumpton on your Blog? (It's not the same bike, is it?)
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

How about weightless?

A friend of mine is an astronaut and brought my sons' custom BMX number plate up to the International Space Station. We just got it back with some cool mementos from his trip. Yes, there is a photo of it floating weightless above the earth taken in the ISS observation cupola.

deleted
Last edited by xnavalav8r on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jooo

by jooo

madcow wrote:Though, if you're after true weight weenie stuff here is my own personal bmx bike, it's just a tad under 11 pounds.

What hubs are you using with the carbon rims? Any particular reason for changing from the one piece bar/stem combo?

bJay

by bJay

xnavalav8r wrote:How about weightless?

A friend of mine is an astronaut and brought my sons' custom BMX number plate up to the International Space Station. We just got it back with some cool mementos from his trip. Yes, there is a photo of it floating weightless above the earth taken in the ISS observation cupola.

TED!

Are you looking to adopt a 27 year old Research Engineer from Australia? I might know a guy....

:beerchug:

B
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

deleted
Last edited by xnavalav8r on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dodge

by dodge

New wheels on the cruiser ..Chris King And Box Component rims.. Bike is just over 8kgs now :D

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Speaking of wheels... I'm building 10 sets of these. Custom carbon 38mm deep rims. Suitable for tires from 20 x 1 to 20 x 1 3/8 inch. All are 28 hole built with an Alienation Royal rear hub and a custom lightweight front using bladed Sapim CX-RAY spokes and alloy nipples.

First front wheel is 572 grams. Been away racing this weekend so haven't gotten any others done yet.