How do you clean your Gum walls?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

I purchased/installed my Vittoria Corsa about 150 miles ago, and already they are slightly dirty. How do you guys keep them looking nice? Soap and water is my first thought but I dont want to put the wrong chemical on them and then they discolor more. Thoughts?
Notice the dark spots. Also the overall color of the gum is darker.
ImageImage

by Weenie

RyanH

by RyanH

True to their name, magic erasers work. It's a lot of work though and if you ride a lot, you learn to get over it.
Strava
Current Stable. The Snob Machine
The Ex's. LS Siena: 6.21kg | Parlee Z5 SLi: 5.9kg | LS Xicon: 5.76kg | C59: 5.7kg | Cervelo R5ca: 5.09kg | Fuji Altamira SE - 6.2kg | Scott Foil - 6.2kg | Evo - 5.18kg | LS Classic - 6.7kg | The Crumpton - 5.9kg

rheosibal

by rheosibal

If you wanna stick with soap and water, just make sure to clean them right after times they get dirty. Like right after a wet ride or after changing a flat (knock on wood).

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

RyanH wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:58 pm
True to their name, magic erasers work. It's a lot of work though and if you ride a lot, you learn to get over it.
We have a few in the cabinet, I'll give one a whirl. Thanks!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

rheosibal wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:34 pm
If you wanna stick with soap and water, just make sure to clean them right after times they get dirty. Like right after a wet ride or after changing a flat (knock on wood).
Makes sense, Thanks!