The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Some new tools:

And a new set of cranks to replace the GXP ones:
Cervelo S3 - 7.35kg

by Weenie

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

bilwit wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:33 pm
FYI I have a couple of the covers and they consistently make my power signal drop. In fact I have three of them and they all cause the same behavior which is only solved by putting the native cover on. I think it has something to do with the inside of the lid only having that little foil piece glued on.
Um, I sadly encountered that today... my Garmin picked-up the Quarq to calibrate it then lost the signal and the crank light wouldn't come on. I solved it, as you would expect, by replacing the Hopp cover with the OEM cover.

I'm going to reach out to Hopp and see what they recommend...
Last edited by Johnny Rad on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desperado95219

by desperado95219

I'm going to reach out to Hopp and see what they recommend...
[/quote]
Please let us know what they say!

kervelo

by kervelo

Tyres for my new Aspero.

jspaceman

by jspaceman

robbosmans wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:02 am
Jealous, my elite suite that I ordered is due for delivery in January Image
I lucked out. I live in a small town and there aren't a lot of cyclists in this area and thus less demand for smart trainers I guess. The only bike shop in the area had this Kickr v5 in stock for the past two months. It was still available so I grabbed it.

I was in the city a couple of weeks ago and checked two bike shops down there. The first place was completely sold out, the second just had a Kickr bike (nice, but too expensive for me) and a couple of Saris H3's left. If Wahoo hadn't of put out a new Kickr this year I might have gone for the H3, as it has similar specs to the previous generation Kickr and is much cheaper.

I emailed a couple of other bike shops and they aren't expecting any stock until December at the earliest.

COVID has really put these things in short supply.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

jspaceman wrote: I lucked out. I live in a small town and there aren't a lot of cyclists in this area and thus less demand for smart trainers I guess. The only bike shop in the area had this Kickr v5 in stock for the past two months. It was still available so I grabbed it.

COVID has really put these things in short supply.
How on earth does anyone keep a Kickr in stock for 2 days let alone 2 months!? Had 10 on Wednesday & sold out by Friday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaibautista

by jaibautista

After raising a ruckus with the online platform where I bought the fake 105 R7000 pedals, I finally received the refund (took more than a month to issue said refund). So i did the next best thing: purchase a legit pair of Shimano pedals (this time the Ultegra PD-R8000s):

After trying them this morning, I realized that I could not discern any difference compared to my three-year-old (but still going stong and still feeling bnew) pair of Dura-Ace PD-R9000s. Since the PD-R9100s do not feature a third set of needle bearings unlike before, I couldn't justify spending extra for the "latest" DAs; besides, pricing here in Manila (where I live) for a bnew pair of original Ultegras is very competitive (~USD125). Should've bought them a lot sooner! :D

C36

by C36

Getting ready for the “I want to ride during my 2 weeks x-mass vacations in the alps”...

If this is not enough... then not sure what to do...

——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project

robbosmans

by robbosmans

C36 wrote:Getting ready for the “I want to ride during my 2 weeks x-mass vacations in the alps”...

If this is not enough... then not sure what to do...

——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project
I just got the legalz 2, best overshoes I have ever had, really impressed

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Finally getting some things together for carbon repair. Hope to be making more exciting bits by the end of the year.

C36

by C36

robbosmans wrote: I just got the legalz 2, best overshoes I have ever had, really impressed
They are so different from anything else that exist that I am “almost” looking for my first ride under the rain... for the gloves I hope they are not too ‘spongy”...

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

velomane

by velomane

For those of you about to use Spatzwear, please report back with coldest temperatures you endured with them. Where I am, it isn't wet, just 5-10 below zero celcius. It's always my hands and feet that limit my ride.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

velomane wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:21 am
For those of you about to use Spatzwear, please report back with coldest temperatures you endured with them. Where I am, it isn't wet, just 5-10 below zero celcius. It's always my hands and feet that limit my ride.
better yet start a thread on the subject.
2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

rukomasa

by rukomasa

Not much options in the maket but finally found a dual side power meter for my gravel bike.
Powerbox 48/32 172.5mm

by Weenie

robbosmans

by robbosmans

rukomasa wrote:Not much options in the maket but finally found a dual side power meter for my gravel bike.
Powerbox 48/32 172.5mm

A spider based powermeter is not really a dual sided powermeter, it measures total power and then estimates L/R