The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

IvanZg

by IvanZg

Get yourself some sort of matting to put bellow the trainer. Once you start doing longer sessions amount of sweat that drips on the floor is enormous.

by Weenie

Ypuh

by Ypuh

IvanZg wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:06 pm
Get yourself some sort of matting to put bellow the trainer. Once you start doing longer sessions amount of sweat that drips on the floor is enormous.
Depends. I don't really sweat (335w FTP). I do agree though, a mat keeps things nice and clean. You'll always lose a little sweat, chain oil or get scratches on your floor from sprinting etc.
Cervelo S3 - 7.35kg

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

IvanZg wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:06 pm
Thanks for advice. By matting you mean something to soak the sweat in? How crucial is that with floor surface that's easy to wipe liquids from and doesn't soak any in? I'll put a rag underneath before my first major effort and see how it goes.

IvanZg

by IvanZg

It’s not necessary but more practical to clean the matt then the floor. I sweat a lot and my girlfriend insists on cleaning the floor with detergent after my training so for me it’s much easier just to wipe the matt then to mix some water with detergent. Plus sometimes drivetrain drops some gunk that can stick to the floor. Also if you have neighbors beneath it might soak in some sound....
I got this one
https://www.decathlon.hr/zastitna-podlo ... 38394.html

MichaelB

by MichaelB

KCookie wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:25 am
MichaelB wrote:Image
As backup spare shoes. New RC-902's are A$548 :unbelievable:
They dont look like the 902s, but they are Awesome shoes, I have the older model but my LBS has got me two pairs, red and white, can't wait to collect them.
Nah, these are the RP9's, which were the sort of predecessors of the RC901's (of which I have a pair) and love them, and for A$219, they'll do fine for my non-pro cycling ...

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a 3T Exploro 105 build. Going to use it for everything other than going really fast on pavement, which is what my Wilier is for.

Wilier Cento10AIR Rim Brake - SRAM Force AXS
3T Exploro 105 - Gravel/Commuter/Trainer

Strava link: https://www.strava.com/athletes/jmeinholdt

BmanX

by BmanX

Those are nice and it might be worth looking at with two wheelsets and then just have a go fast bike or two.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

icantaffordcycling wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:30 am
Two more berk lupinas, one will be a spare. Also picked up the roval alpinist seatpost at the bike shop today, wasn't planning on it but it looked sooooo darn good.
Don't really understand how they are claiming this gets 20mm of setback but I'll measure later.
Lupina 1: 94g, Lupina 2: 96g. I also brought a scale to the bike shop to pick the lighter post of the two that they had in 300mm, the lighter one was 134, the heavier one was only a handful of grams heavier.

Haha you know your a WW when you bring your scales to the bike shop. Thats Awesome. Did the storeowner shake his head @icantaffordcycling?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:48 pm
Haha you know your a WW when you bring your scales to the bike shop. Thats Awesome. Did the storeowner shake his head @icantaffordcycling?
I worked for him as a mechanic last summer so it's pretty much expected for me to do dumb shit like that.

jspaceman

by jspaceman

robbosmans

by robbosmans

jspaceman wrote:Image
Jealous, my elite suite that I ordered is due for delivery in January Image

AndreLM

by AndreLM

New helmet and gloves

ImageImageImage

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Velobuild 077 for my wife, 831g for an XXS when claimed weight for size 52 (M?) is 765g+-20g. Complained to Chris and he offered $15 as compensation. Like the big chunky tubes. Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Kayrehn wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 pm
...Velobuild 077, 831g for an XXS when claimed weight for size 52 (M?) is 765g+-20g ... complained and offered $15 as compensation...
Ugh, "claimed versus actual" strikes again. The $15 wouldn't make me happy, but I don't know the cirumstances.

If it were me, I'd offer to help on shipping / return shipping if they'd ship a lighter frameset.

<><><><><>

On topic, I bought a Hopp Carbon carbon battery cover for my Quarq crank (saved 3g) and Hopp Carbon aluminium pin for my Eagle robot shifter (TBD on weight savings). I couldn't help myself.

https://www.hoppcarbonparts.de/shop/other-upgrades/

https://www.hoppcarbonparts.de/shop/sram-axs-upgrades/

by Weenie

bilwit

by bilwit

Johnny Rad wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:04 pm
Kayrehn wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:48 pm
...Velobuild 077, 831g for an XXS when claimed weight for size 52 (M?) is 765g+-20g ... complained and offered $15 as compensation...
Ugh, "claimed versus actual" strikes again. The $15 wouldn't make me happy, but I don't know the cirumstances.

If it were me, I'd offer to help on shipping / return shipping if they'd ship a lighter frameset.

<><><><><>

On topic, I bought a Hopp Carbon carbon battery cover for my Quarq crank (saved 3g) and Hopp Carbon aluminium pin for my Eagle robot shifter (TBD on weight savings). I couldn't help myself.

https://www.hoppcarbonparts.de/shop/other-upgrades/

https://www.hoppcarbonparts.de/shop/sram-axs-upgrades/
FYI I have a couple of the covers and they consistently make my power signal drop. In fact I have three of them and they all cause the same behavior which is only solved by putting the native cover on. I think it has something to do with the inside of the lid only having that little foil piece glued on.