The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

jaibautista

by jaibautista

Ordered these from Shopee (it's like Aliexpress but localized for the Philippines). I'm really not sure whether the 105 PD-5800 are original/legit, since these were sourced from China (paid ~USD60 for the pair); they sure do pass the eye test. Hopefully when I clip on them tomorrow morning they won't fall apart (fingers crossed).

Also, after a long time not being able to visit bike shops because of the pandemic situation here in our city, I was able to today and grabbed the chance to buy NOS Chorus 11 chains (paid ~USD45 for each; ended up buying two).

by Weenie

LeMomo

by LeMomo

Knees doesn't hit those cages?
No, not when they're pushed all the way up, but it is tight! I could move the base up a slot for extra clearance, but I feel like it's better supported using all three bottle bosses.

I have seen the crank tank, an aussie mate sent me a link last week, like the look of it, but not sure how it'd fit with the flat topped down tube of the Exploro. Shipping to the UK makes it fairly expensive too (although my mate might be sending me his orange 5 to sell here, so might get hom to chuck one in the box to try if that happens).

i had hoped to be able to fit the double bottles and my apidura frame bag for overnighters but sadly not...

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Cervelo S3 - 7.35kg

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Mascalzone

by Mascalzone

I'm an Arione user, grabbed this heavily discounted, thought I'd give it go... Image

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

just finished gluing.. Veloflex ProTour Race tubs onto my Bontrager XXX2's .. Happy days

2 new KMC SL11 Ti golds.. it's time very soon to swap.
2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

Mascalzone wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:34 am
I'm an Arione user, grabbed this heavily discounted, thought I'd give it go... Image

Interested to hear your thoughts on it after you get a chance to use it for a while.
Wilier Cento10AIR Rim Brake - SRAM Force AXS
BMC GF02 - Ultegra R8000 - Commuter/Trainer

Strava link: https://www.strava.com/athletes/jmeinholdt

foregroundmusic

by foregroundmusic

A gold PYC chain, some grease, an Uno stem, some Ti bottle cage bolts, a torque wrench, cable cutters, Supacaz tape, and some shallow Specialized bars for the build I'm working on.

Orbital

by Orbital

The gold came off my PYC chain pretty quickly unfortunately. Maybe it just didn’t like the degreaser I was cleaning it with.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Orbital wrote:The gold came off my PYC chain pretty quickly unfortunately. Maybe it just didn’t like the degreaser I was cleaning it with.
Yeah some degreasers can ruin the golden finish

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

Selle Italia SLR Boost Superflow Kit Carbonio. Size S3 (130mm).

I've really liked the Endurance SLR Boost I have on my BMC so I'm trying out the top end version on my Wilier. 128g on my scale. Was too hyped to get in installed to take proper in depth pictures.

Wilier Cento10AIR Rim Brake - SRAM Force AXS
BMC GF02 - Ultegra R8000 - Commuter/Trainer

Strava link: https://www.strava.com/athletes/jmeinholdt

Konsi

by Konsi

Ordered a Cinelli King Zydeco frame, but won't arrive till January...

foregroundmusic

by foregroundmusic

Orbital wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:15 pm
The gold came off my PYC chain pretty quickly unfortunately. Maybe it just didn’t like the degreaser I was cleaning it with.
Thanks for the heads up, do you remember what degreaser you were using?

Orbital

by Orbital

foregroundmusic wrote:
Orbital wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:15 pm
Thanks for the heads up, do you remember what degreaser you were using?
It was the orange Zep brand from Home Depot. Works really well. I used it on my KMC gold chain without issue tho.

Mascalzone

by Mascalzone

JMeinholdt wrote:
Mascalzone wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:34 am

Interested to hear your thoughts on it after you get a chance to use it for a while.
Will definitely report back, love the look of it and it would be good to have an alternative to the Arione

by Weenie