The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

txomin
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:14 pm

by txomin

hgw20 wrote:Some more toys for the summer.ImageImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk
Why did you chose them over spanish darimo?

by Weenie


hgw20
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:16 pm

by hgw20

txomin wrote:
hgw20 wrote:Some more toys for the summer.ImageImageImageImage

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk
Why did you chose them over spanish darimo?
Txomin, mainly because of aesthetics, I think these thm components are way better looking (imho) than darimo ones (which are lighter btw). I'm using the darimo seatpost and have also the handlebar in my mtb, buuuut for the road I think thm combo will look better

Besides this, according to what I read the rigidity of the bar has nothing to do comparing the ULNA with the darimo...

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk


User avatar
Ghastly
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:43 pm
Location: Belgium

by Ghastly

robbosmans wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:00 pm
Xcadey powermeter
Image


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
does it work?

User avatar
robbosmans
Posts: 458
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:40 pm

by robbosmans

Ghastly wrote:
robbosmans wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:00 pm
Xcadey powermeter
Image


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
does it work?
Very well


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

junchen
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:21 pm

by junchen

Stopped cycling for a while due to injury. Changed to a frame with higher stack. Image
XS frame
Ultegra 6800
Mavic CCU
7.1 kg without pedals


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ypuh
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:20 pm
Location: The Netherlands

by Ypuh

mdeth1313 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:05 pm
Got my Bont semi-custom Helix shoes. They goofed on the tounge, it was supposed to be the same orange that's on the rest of the shoes. They told me to keep this pair and they're making me another set. 2 for 1. Took them out for a 77 mile spin today and the fit is perfect, no molding necessary.
Holy crap. At $1.100 for some shoes, you'd make sure not to screw up I'd say.
Cervelo S3 - 7.35kg

User avatar
ms6073
Posts: 3208
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

by ms6073

junchen wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:24 am
Changed to a frame with higher stack.
Image
Higher stack or just a longer steer tube allowing more spacers? :beerchug:
Regardless of frame size, I have always been leary of adding more than 4 cm of spacers with an all carbon fork.
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

mdeth1313
Moderator
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 am
Location: Dutchess County, NY

by mdeth1313

Ypuh wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:13 pm
mdeth1313 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:05 pm
Got my Bont semi-custom Helix shoes. They goofed on the tounge, it was supposed to be the same orange that's on the rest of the shoes. They told me to keep this pair and they're making me another set. 2 for 1. Took them out for a 77 mile spin today and the fit is perfect, no molding necessary.
Holy crap. At $1.100 for some shoes, you'd make sure not to screw up I'd say.
Key word here is SEMI. They're not full custom. After the 20% off for joining their email list they were under $500.
Speedplay is the devil!

User avatar
MrCurrieinahurry
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:01 pm

by MrCurrieinahurry

:) Image

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk


User avatar
C36
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:24 am

by C36

New tubulars, 4x ProTour race :) 285,287,287g for the 25mm and 247 for the 23mm so within 1% tolerance of advertised numbers.
The Carbon in 23 were 264g/265g then a 23/25 set up protour race is the same weight than the previous 23/23 Carbon.


Image
Image

Image
Image


——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project

sychen
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 pm

by sychen

Sigeyi direct mount hanger.

Printed weight 12.9g..measured weight 13g (no decimal on scale) so looks to be exact. Image

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk


KCookie
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 am
Location: Pom living in Australia

by KCookie

C36 wrote:New tubulars, 4x ProTour race :) 285,287,287g for the 25mm and 247 for the 23mm so within 1% tolerance of advertised numbers.
The Carbon in 23 were 264g/265g then a 23/25 set up protour race is the same weight than the previous 23/23 Carbon.


Image
Image

Image
Image


——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project
Good to know the weight of the Pro tours as I've just purchased 4.
Two 23mm and two 25mm.
Couldn't find any Carbons for sale.
Where did you get your Carbons please.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


User avatar
C36
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:24 am

by C36

KCookie wrote:
C36 wrote:New tubulars, 4x ProTour race :) 285,287,287g for the 25mm and 247 for the 23mm so within 1% tolerance of advertised numbers.
The Carbon in 23 were 264g/265g then a 23/25 set up protour race is the same weight than the previous 23/23 Carbon.


Image
Image

Image
Image


——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project
Good to know the weight of the Pro tours as I've just purchased 4.
Two 23mm and two 25mm.
Couldn't find any Carbons for sale.
Where did you get your Carbons please.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
The carbon were an old purchase but still available here.
https://m.sergedutouron.com/veloflex-m6291.mobi


——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project

JMeinholdt
Posts: 343
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:31 pm
Location: Topeka, KS

by JMeinholdt

Next project is taking shape. More to arrive tomorrow.

Image
Wilier Cento10AIR Rim Brake - SRAM Force AXS
BMC GF02 - Ultegra R8000 - Commuter/Trainer

Strava link: https://www.strava.com/athletes/jmeinholdt

by Weenie


User avatar
PinaRene
Posts: 773
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:08 pm

by PinaRene

@JMeinholdt : Sram Force ASX 12 is beautiful - worth wise it's a better choice than Sram Red ASX I guess.

For the days that the Scott Foil will return from Etoe.designs I bought myself this :

SRAM Bottom Bracket Truvativ GXP | BB86 PressFit Road Bike
CARBON-TI Expander X-Plug
RIESEL DESIGN rie:sel Ahead Cap stem:cap | 2020 Stickerbomb 2
CERAMICSPEED Spacer Carbon UD without Logo | 5 & 3 mm

Post Reply