The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

jlok

by jlok

markdjr wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:26 pm
Mavic Comete Ultimate II. Absolutely incredible shoe. This is a sz. 11 that didn't fit, for sale in the classified section. My sz. 11.5 should hopefully be here next week :)

Are they too narrow so that they don't fit you?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

markdjr

by markdjr

They are too short. I tried to use the Mavic fit guide and it had me at a 10.5 which I knew was wrong, thought 11 would be close. I need an 11.5, which is the same size I wear in Spesh S-Works shoes. Width feels just fine. I can't say enough about how good they feel, at least on carpet, I am excited about the low stack and the uber stiffness.

jlok wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:57 am
markdjr wrote:
Mavic Comete Ultimate II. Absolutely incredible shoe. This is a sz. 11 that didn't fit, for sale in the classified section. My sz. 11.5 should hopefully be here next week :)

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

flying wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:06 pm
lone wheeler wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:01 pm
A mint Look 585 for $400!
:shock: Great Deal! I had one & loved it
Congrats! :beerchug:
Cheers! I've not read a bad review. Wasn't looking for a new frame but boredom whilst Facebook surfing are to blame.

djel

by djel

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:58 am
What is the length and width of your feet and how long did it take you to get these shoes ordered in cause I know they dont stock wide at least in Canada?
Sorry I don't remember the measurements, but the shoes took a few days to get to the store. I'm in Perth at the moment and they have a warehouse in Melbourne or Sydney I think. Apparently their factory is in Wuhan...

jlok

by jlok

markdjr wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:23 am
They are too short. I tried to use the Mavic fit guide and it had me at a 10.5 which I knew was wrong, thought 11 would be close. I need an 11.5, which is the same size I wear in Spesh S-Works shoes. Width feels just fine. I can't say enough about how good they feel, at least on carpet, I am excited about the low stack and the uber stiffness.

jlok wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:57 am
markdjr wrote:

They look absolutely great and high end.
:thumbup:
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

dgasmd

by dgasmd

lone wheeler wrote:A mint Look 585 for $400! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This has to be the find of the century!!

mendiz

by mendiz

Kjetil wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:03 am
Just received the new Assos Équipe RS Spring/Fall Jacket, or Aerojacket RS23 if you like.
Finally a garment for your average nordic summer that both fits really snug and has enough sleeve length for me, who's built out of sticks, and has broader shouldered than Steven Kruijswijk and arm length like a gibbon.

Yay!
Hello Kjetil, what temperature range do you think in this jacket? I do not know if to buy this jacket or the version with short sleeves and use arm warmers. Where I live the winter is 6-15 °C and I think this jacket is too much with Xbionic Energizer base layer.
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

Kjetil

by Kjetil

10-18 C maybe? I haven't used mine outdoors yet. It's been just right with a ss Assos summer base layer at 16-17 C on an indoors athletic track.
Opting for the jacket or jersey version is mostly about versatility. Those sleeves do not give a lot of warmth.
At 6 C I'd wear an Assos Hashoogi/Mille GT Winter Jacket and an Assos winter base layer. If I was to start the day with the RS23 jacket in low temps like 6 C I'd use an Assos ss spring/fall base layer and put arm warmers and a gilet (the warm and cozy discontinued Falkenzahn or the somewhat lighter Spring/Fall Gilet) on top, and leg warmers with the Tiburu (or new RS23) shorts. Nice and roomy pockets on the RS23 jacket and jersey to stuff layers into as the day heats up.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Just picked up an XTR 11-40 cassette for my gravel bike. Trying to drop 300ish grams off the bike, to get it sub-9kg.

DrewXT

by DrewXT

Trying to buy a Cervelo Aspero GRX 1, but they're like rocking horse shit here in Melbourne...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

DrewXT wrote:Trying to buy a Cervelo Aspero GRX 1, but they're like rocking horse shit here in Melbourne...Image

Size?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

DrewXT

by DrewXT

Nefarious86 wrote:
DrewXT wrote:Trying to buy a Cervelo Aspero GRX 1, but they're like rocking horse shit here in Melbourne...Image

Size?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
54cm, but my LBS is telling me there's zippo available or coming in that isn't already allocated

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Hambini BB86 for my Addict RC20 build -98g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clean39T

by Clean39T

Insane deal popped up on BBB for this NOS 2018 CDale SS Evo HM Team Disc and I needed a commodity bike for work travel, so now this happened. I need a Save or Hylix post for it and will go to a longer stem and narrower bars - and different saddle - I have in the parts bins. Looking forward to riding it this weekend..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie