The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

KarlC

by KarlC

Mep wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:10 pm
KarlC wrote:Trying out some new wheels, Caden, DECadenCE 59mm 1150 gram tubulars

https://carbonbikewheels.com.au/us/prod ... r-wheelset

How have those wheels been? Interested to see more reviews on Caden tubular wheels, as I've been considering them myself.
I just got these from another WW member, so only 1 short ride on a bit of a windy day. So far Im impressed, they seem to do everything well, I will post updates after more testing.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156685&start=30

by Weenie

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Ordered in August and arrived today (ships in 2-3 weeks my a**).

38 mm width
Speedplay is the devil!

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

mdeth1313 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:07 am
Ordered in August and arrived today (ships in 2-3 weeks my a**).

38 mm width
Very cool! Nice weight too! Is Darimo going to make a aero bar or do they? Just not keeping up as I have in the past. Life is just too busy.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

okimy

by okimy

Finally decided to pull the trigger on this https://www.canyon.com/de-de/road-bikes ... be=SR%2FWH a few weeks ago. Love how it rides so far but it'll probably sit around for a few months as I don't want to void the warranty by using it on a turbo trainer.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Crux frameset for a fast gravel bike :)

Will strip my Allez disc and re use the parts and run 32mm Rpubaix 2bliss road tyres and 38mm Gravelking SK+ on the dirt. Image

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

sychen

by sychen

Nefarious86 wrote:Crux frameset for a fast gravel bike :)

Will strip my Allez disc and re use the parts and run 32mm Rpubaix 2bliss road tyres and 38mm Gravelking SK+ on the dirt. Image

Best looking Crux I've seen
What colourway is that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Officially Gloss SL Black/Cosmos/Rocket red/White

Or Hippy Tiedie as it was nicknamed lol.

Using Tapatalk

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

Rip all of the allez builds I guess. Didn't you strip the rim brake one for the tarmac?
Specialized Allez Sprint
Instagram || Shitposting is a god-given right. bannable offense.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Yep, but in a one bedroom apartment with 2 cyclists it's a case of space. The allez frame may just get put into storage yet. Crux will be a fast gravel/slow road setup for when im not riding the Tarmac.

If the Allez would take a 33mm file tread without trashing the frame I'd probably have not bothered with the Crux.

So at this stage it will be P2M power meter/specialized carbon crank, carbon Aeronova bars stealth saddle and 8070 di2 / RX rear Derailleuer and Bluetooth module/sprint shifters etc all straight off the Allez with a set of SLX24 wheels and a set of C38 wheels.

Haven't decided what set gets the 32mm Roubaix 2bliss and what set gets the 38mm Gravelking SK+ yet.

Using Tapatalk

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

My vote is C38s with the 32s and 38mm Gravelking SK+ on the SLX 24s. Haven ridden both of those wheels, I have never experienced comfort in any wheel the way that the C38s do. They seem to absorb all of the road buzz and small cracks/potholes. The wider tires will provide all the comfort needed on the SLX 24s.

Side question but what was the widest tire you were able to safely cram into the Allez? Thinking about getting some 32mm tires on my narrow alloy wheels for the slow days but not sure if it would safely fit.
Specialized Allez Sprint
Instagram || Shitposting is a god-given right. bannable offense.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I use the 25/28 Roubaix on the C38 in the Allez and measure just under 32mm once stretched. Plenty of room but anything bigger would be pushing it on dirt with any moisture.

Using Tapatalk

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

A set of Vittoria Pave 25mm tubs from Merlin for $52 Can weighing in at 0.28kg with no glue applied. Garmin Radar from a Canadian retailer Mountain Equipment CoOp and its weighing 0.100kg. I am in the process of making a mount for the Garmin which should put me at 0.084kg.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Willier

by Willier

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Another set of Speedplay Roubaix team issue prototype pedals, plus titanium bowtie bolts and titanium axle bolts. When I get the pedals I'll replace those parts plus swap the axle for my lighter tuned TiSpindles axles - which are lighter than the current Speedplay titanium spindles. The custom built pedals I had died so I'll reuse the spindles on the real things

by Weenie

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

thought long and hard about just getting the rickshaw from the OEM since there are so many color choice... decided just to go with ORNOT version.

and to get free shipping added