The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

shoon

by shoon

Received burnt orange pro team aero jersey (short sleeve) I bought during this rapha sale. Returning it. Felt tighter than the Long sleeve aero jerseys I have and the rapha letters all like glued to the jersey fabric. Don’t feel durable to me. Also felt didn’t look that good on me after trying the jersey.

Apart from that, I just ordered a set of NTN low friction bearings from Hambini to replace my Reynolds Aero wheelset bearings and bought a dt swiss 36T ratchet to replace the 18T ratchet. Hope this will bring some new life to the trusty old wheelset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fa63

by fa63

Felt FR Advanced Disc Ultegra; should arrive this week:

by Weenie

jorisee01

by jorisee01

New to me wheels. Quick photo.Image

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

Opcdanny

by Opcdanny

Spoilt my Dale with some Bjorn Cycle goodies, seatpost and Sedla Saddle - a real piece of art, done a 28km ride and feels great, a small setup tweak needed at my LBS.

My 56cm dale now sitting at 7kg on the dot, just need a decent set of wheels and Il be very happy.

ImageImage
2015 Supersix Evo Himod Team Edition Dale (Red eTap)

robertbb

by robertbb

jorisee01 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:47 pm
New to me wheels. Quick photo.Image

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk
Holy crosswinds, batman! :unbelievable:

zinedrei

by zinedrei

Opcdanny wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:39 pm
Spoilt my Dale with some Bjorn Cycle goodies, seatpost and Sedla Saddle - a real piece of art, done a 28km ride and feels great, a small setup tweak needed at my LBS.

My 56cm dale now sitting at 7kg on the dot, just need a decent set of wheels and Il be very happy.
have you tried a longer ride?
how do they feel?
are they comfortable as in proper comfy for an audax or so-so comfortable considering it's unpadded?

i am torn between these and a Berk Lupina padded. the only unpadded saddle i have tried are those ebay ones which are a pain.

Opcdanny

by Opcdanny

Hi Zindrei,

No I only fitted it yesterday after work and done a ride on the IDT, I immediately felt the firmness however the carbon seatpost has given a complete different feel vs the alu post, I will be doing a 100+km ride in Sunday and will be happy to report how it goes, for now I need to get to the LBS to make a 100% sure that we have the same metrics as my last seat setup. It fees very close but not 100%, so far I’m happy.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Johnny Rad wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:51 pm
Specialized Prevail ii, sz L, 267g
I don't care for the straps that don't lay against the side of my face. You know, for the Rules plus they vibrate at speed if the tension gets just right. If I recall correctly, I had the same opinion of the original Prevail years ago. I admit to a wee bit of buyer's remorse on this one...

** Previously wore a Kask Protone, sz L, 283g - nice enough, but not enough cooling in summer

*** Previously to that wore Catlike Mixino, sz L, 285g - may have been noiser than the Protone

**** Previously to that wore orig Specialized Prevail, sz L, ???g - same issue with the straps as the Prevail ii, If I recall correctly
In with the new and out with the old:

IN: Kask Valegro, sz L (259g) joins my existing Kask Protone. Guess I'm an accidental Kask guy now?!

OUT: The Specialized Prevail ii sz L (267g) just wasn't my cup of tea. It was well-ventilated, but the straps vibrated in the wind and hung down an inch away from my temples. Furthermore, the front of the helmet stuck out too far ahead of my face such that it made looking up the road difficult in a tucked / near tucked position.

Last edited by Johnny Rad on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Johnny Rad wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:02 am

Bont Helix, sz 43 for next season
Verified, 478g/pair w/factory insoles (mfg claimed 520g/pair for sz 46.5)
Early indications from my feet are very positive - both feet have high hopes.

Replacing Bont Vaypor S
Verified, sub-500g/pair (and likely within a few grams of the Helix) w/factory insoles (mfg claimed 406g/pair)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36516&p=1222944&hil ... r#p1222944
Very good, but not perfect. Not as indestructible as the earlier Vaypor. Specifically, the toe protector is not tall enough to truly protect the "leather." Didn't have the perfect glass slipper feeling as the earlier Vaypor either. Still, a very good shoe.

Which replaced Bont Vaypor, sz 42.5 (old sizing convention)
Verified, 522g/pair w/factory insoles (mfg claimed 480g/pair)
Excellent shoes. Lasted something like 5 seasons as my primary shoe. Still pulling ative duty on the trainer. Just won't die.

Which replaced Bont A1, sz 42.5 (old sizing convention)
...but I digress other than to demonstrate I'm a Bont homer.

Bont thread elsewhere on WW: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36516&p=1437817#p1437817
Replacing my Bont Helix, sz 43 with Bont Vaypor S Reflex, sz 43 in reflective silver / gray

My outgoing Helix were good, but not Vaypor S great. Seems the single wrap-around BOA made the top of the shoe a hair tight and the area around my toes a hair loose. If I hadn't previously worn the earlier-gen Vaypor or Vaypor S shoes, I don't think it would've been a deal at all; however, my feet voted for the Vaypor S with dual BOA adjustability.

Note the Bont Vaypor S Reflex in the background is the fairest representation of how the reflective silver / gray compares to white.

My new Vaypor S Reflex shoes are 257g (R) and 259g (L) with insoles (516g/pair). The Bont factory insoles for the outgoing Helix weighed 50g/pair (!!!) though the new Reflex insoles weighed "just" 30g/pair, so that makes the shoes-only sub-500g/pair.

Interestingly, the Helix insoles had more perforations than the Vaypor S Reflex insoles. Not sure one is any better than the other, but they're different though sized identically.

zinedrei

by zinedrei

Opcdanny wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:37 am
Hi Zindrei,

No I only fitted it yesterday after work and done a ride on the IDT, I immediately felt the firmness however the carbon seatpost has given a complete different feel vs the alu post, I will be doing a 100+km ride in Sunday and will be happy to report how it goes, for now I need to get to the LBS to make a 100% sure that we have the same metrics as my last seat setup. It fees very close but not 100%, so far I’m happy.
thank you. will wait for feedback after a long ride.

Opcdanny

by Opcdanny

zinedrei wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am
Thank you. will wait for feedback after a long ride.
Hi Zinedrei,

Feedback regarding the saddle after a 104km ride this past weekend (3h14m ride)

So without a doubt this Sedlo saddle is hard on the sitbones however after a few indoor sessions and this long ride yesterday I have warmed up to the saddle relatively quick and i can honestly say that im extremely happy with this purchase. I do think that matching this saddle with the Glagol seatpost is the way to go, the ride is firm with enough flex to not send jolts thru your spine and the combination is aesthetically pleasing.

Id highly recommend this combo.

Regards,
Danny

zinedrei

by zinedrei

Opcdanny wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:51 am
zinedrei wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am
Thank you. will wait for feedback after a long ride.
Hi Zinedrei,

Feedback regarding the saddle after a 104km ride this past weekend (3h14m ride)

So without a doubt this Sedlo saddle is hard on the sitbones however after a few indoor sessions and this long ride yesterday I have warmed up to the saddle relatively quick and i can honestly say that im extremely happy with this purchase. I do think that matching this saddle with the Glagol seatpost is the way to go, the ride is firm with enough flex to not send jolts thru your spine and the combination is aesthetically pleasing.

Id highly recommend this combo.

Regards,
Danny
thank you. wil try to decide between this and the Lupina padded. i use an Elita seatpost so i will only get the saddle in case.

yinya

by yinya

First time on ali, bought these as my Enve cages don’t play nice with the new Camelbak bottles but going to save the grams until old bottles last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertbb

by robertbb

^ Those look like unbranded Arundel Mandibles. How are they? And have you ever had a "genuine" mandible to compare with? I'm curious...

(Also, do you have an AliExpress link? If not OK to post publically, feel free to pm!)

robertbb

by robertbb

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a Stages Dash L10 to replace my Edge 500. Hoping to do a bit of a review after some time with it.

by Weenie