The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

dricked

by dricked

If the room is insulated it should do quite well. I used one when renovating and my AC was not working, it brought the temperature down to a reasonable level. It was trying to cool 1000sq/ft.

by Weenie

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Single car garage and not insulated, so the 14,000 BTU is over rated for the square footage. On paper at least!! Used it twice already when in the high 90’s out. Cools the room nicely, but it does require at least a couple of hrs of anticipation. Works best with another larger stand fan blowing around in the meantime as well to spread the cool air quicker. I still turn on the big fan in front of the trainer when I’m on it.

It’s a temporary solution like I said, but should also come in handy in hurricane season as I can run it off the generator. The home a/c is too big for the generator’s size.

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:59 am
robertbb wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:14 am
kgt wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:31 pm
ND4SPD wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:18 pm
More gear:

I was in dilemma between Gaerne G.STILO and Giro Empire SLX, Gaerne are a little more comfortable, and it seems to me they are made a little better...
No doubt about this. Gaerne are better quality shoes than any model from Giro.
This is a really big call. Got anything to back it up?

It's a big claim, but it's true for the most part. I own shoes from both brands. I wear my Giros primarily because they fit my feet slightly better, but there's no doubt in my mind the Gaernes are made to a better standard with better materials. Gaerne shoes are handmade in Italy down the street from Sidi and AlpineStars. They all know how to make beefy shoes that will take a beating on a motorcycle. Gaerne does not care about making lightweight shoes. They don't use glue where metal fasteners should be used instead. Their micro-tex feels a lot more like leather than what Giro uses. My Giros have had minor issues with longevity. The heel lugs on my Prolight Techlace fell off. The carbon sole on my Empire SLX started to separate from the upper around my pinky toe.
Gaerne G.STILO are 299 grams, and Giro Empire SLX are 175 grams, so not that big difference... Sidi are even heavier...
Gearjunkie wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:14 am
For jerseys, try the Spexcel solid color jerseys on Aliexpress.

Very good quality and fit (as good as or even better than Rapha Pro Team IMHO), very cheap (1/10th price of Rapha).
audioblazer wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:03 pm
1. Spexcel solid colour jersey from Ali express . Value for money. For comparison , I have assos, santini , plenty of rapha , black sheep , Pedla , Pearl Izumi, Le cow sportif, la passione etc etc
bremerradkurier wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:34 pm
The $30 Spexcel bib shorts from Ali punch well above their weight on a bang for the buck basis, easily comparable to mid tier products from Pearl Izumi, Gonso, or Ultima.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-SP ... 4c4d8aVooy
Read that, and ordered this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 6b233H54MM

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 7416Oad6BS

I will blame you if the quality is poor :D

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Totally :)

The jersey in your link is different to the ones I purchased. The arms on my Spexcel jerseys are a mesh / aero material, blatant copy of Rapha Pro Team Aero jersey.

Not tried the bibs, so please post a review when you get them / have ridden in them.

Cheers
GJ

audioblazer

by audioblazer

SPEXCEL 2018 NEW Bright Orange Top Quality Short sleeve cycling jersey pro team aero cut with Newest Seamless process road mtb. This particular solid color series . Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/2MJr2aUz
The cargo bibs is not so good . Not so flexible & thread easily broken . However it’s pretty cheap & useable

liam7020

by liam7020

audioblazer wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:03 am
SPEXCEL 2018 NEW Bright Orange Top Quality Short sleeve cycling jersey pro team aero cut with Newest Seamless process road mtb. This particular solid color series . Look what I found on AliExpress
The cargo bibs is not so good . Not so flexible & thread easily broken . However it’s pretty cheap & useable
Have you bought one of these? If so can you give me some idea of the sizing? Cheers.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

audioblazer

by audioblazer

liam7020 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am
audioblazer wrote:
Have you bought one of these? If so can you give me some idea of the sizing? Cheers.
Equivalent to Rapha core or classic size even though it’s rated as aero . Pretty stretchable but not the bibs

robertbb

by robertbb

That spexcel think looks sooooo similar to Rapha... right down to the mesh between the rear pockets and the silicone hem.

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

Has anyone tried the spexcel skinsuit?
Specialized Allez Sprint
Instagram || Shitposting is a god-given right.

tomh79

by tomh79

audioblazer wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:31 pm
liam7020 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:56 am
audioblazer wrote:
Equivalent to Rapha core or classic size even though it’s rated as aero . Pretty stretchable but not the bibs
And Castelli? Currently have a XL Castelli jersey

KCookie

by KCookie

Cant believe I've purchased so many heavy parts considering the amount of money I've spent making my bike lighter. All items are for an Everest challenge. ImageAssos SturmPrinz to keep me warm during the cold night. ImageDinner plate cassette to help.ImageHeavy bright lights to hopefully see any Roos. Lol.ImageRD extension. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ImageGPS with long battery life to last the whole ride.Image

KCookie

by KCookie

6800 4iiii PM, for my trainer bike as my Kickr is about 80w out. No wonder I was getting passed by women. Lol.Image

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

KCookie wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:15 am
Cant believe I've purchased so many heavy parts considering the amount of money I've spent making my bike lighter. All items are for an Everest challenge.
That's a lot of money spent for an Everest challenge. I'm also thinking about an Everest challenge this year. I already have a 11-40 cassette. I think that will be low enough with a 34 front. As for the GPS you can just recharge it while you take breaks. There's no need to get a bigger GPS. Normally with Everesting you would have a car close by with supplies. I assume your Everest attempt will be at least 6 months away since you are in the southern hemisphere?

KCookie

by KCookie

pdlpsher1 wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 6:15 am
Cant believe I've purchased so many heavy parts considering the amount of money I've spent making my bike lighter. All items are for an Everest challenge.
That's a lot of money spent for an Everest challenge. I'm also thinking about an Everest challenge this year. I already have a 11-40 cassette. I think that will be low enough with a 34 front. As for the GPS you can just recharge it while you take breaks. There's no need to get a bigger GPS. Normally with Everesting you would have a car close by with supplies. I assume your Everest attempt will be at least 6 months away since you are in the southern hemisphere?
I know, let's hope I don't fail. I'm riding with a mate and it will be his 9th with a lot of knowledge on equipment needed so I'm in good hands. Breaking wise 11 for 15-20mins, so not enough time for my 520. GPS was only $150 and will last 30hrs. Nope riding next Saturday. Going to be cold so the Jacket will be perfect, again another bargain at $230.

by Weenie