The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

djcharlou wrote:Read somewhere that the jump from 18t to 36t is pretty good but 36t to 54t just "meh" . Marginal gain maybe
Marginal in feel, noticeably more Buzzsaw sounding tho. Might swap the 54 into the enve and get a 36 for the Dt Oxic wheels on the Pink bike and leave the slx24 with the 18 for training, they're actually really nice and quiet with the 18.

Waiting on approval for the new frame to be ordered Monday hopefully.
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Nice shoes Kayrehn

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

djcharlou wrote:Read somewhere that the jump from 18t to 36t is pretty good but 36t to 54t just "meh" . Marginal gain maybe
Good to know.. have 18 now but don’t want the buzz saw. I ride my industry9 wheels a lot and welcomed the quietness of the DTs...

If 36 is not bad .. I may try

Calnago

by Calnago

sychen wrote:New kit time after the last crash..

Giro Aether
Assos s9 Rs jersey and bibs.

New colour direction.. Getting some red in my kit. Image
@sychen: how do like the Aether? Giro helmets work for me. Currently have the non-mips Synthe. Hated the MIPS in the Aeon, but now with this new one they’ve kind of sandwiched it within the helmet so maybe it’s not so annoying. Thoughts? I haven’t seen one yet for real but may be looking at getting one, same color as yours, or “Black Flash”, whatever that is. Presume it reflects even a car light hits it?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

VeloKicks Season 3 - first new pair of shoes in a few years
C-bear bottom bracket so I can put the Clavicula on my hi mod. They don’t advertise it on their site but they said they offer them as a custom build when I emailed them, so we’ll see how it goes.

sychen

by sychen

Calnago wrote:
sychen wrote:New kit time after the last crash..

Giro Aether
Assos s9 Rs jersey and bibs.

New colour direction.. Getting some red in my kit. Image
@sychen: how do like the Aether? Giro helmets work for me. Currently have the non-mips Synthe. Hated the MIPS in the Aeon, but now with this new one they’ve kind of sandwiched it within the helmet so maybe it’s not so annoying. Thoughts? I haven’t seen one yet for real but may be looking at getting one, same color as yours, or “Black Flash”, whatever that is. Presume it reflects even a car light hits it?
Hi Cal

There is good, bad and weird with this helmet.

I also have a Giro head.. Have Aeon non
Mips, Synthe Mips that I broke and now the Aether.

Yes the cooling channels work.. Although it's no longer deep summer here.. Can feel the air forced around your head.

Fit is like other Giro's so no issue.

I feel the protection comes down slightly more than Aeon and Synthe..so that's a good. Instead of it feeling like sitting on top of your head.. It hugs it.

Biggest issue especially on this forum... It's much heavier. Mine comes in at 360g for large. Synthe Mips comes in at 270g.. Aeon 248g.

Not an issue for me.. But can feel the weight moving my head side to side.

For the question of aero? No idea.
I'm a very unaero human already.. Large sized head and wearing small everything else.

The shifting shells is noticeable when taking it on and off sometimes... It's just an odd thing to see it move. My ocd sometimes triggers thinking the shells aren't aligned.

One bit also.. The strap Y junction is a simple threaded setup.. Not the flip up and adjust type.
Not an issue once set..bit still.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

C36

by C36

First power meter since last use of SRM science 10 years ago to test equipment prototypes... really curious how the different measurement (torque efficiency, balance...) may or may not bring value.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Calnago

by Calnago

sychen wrote:There is good, bad and weird with this helmet.
@sychen: thanks for the comments.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

where did you get those btp sram hoods?

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Some new boots for the Cannondale Slate - Stan's Valor Pro wheelset with Lefty front Hub and Neo rear. Less that 1/2 price delivered to Aus :mrgreen:

Anyone want an XD Driver freehub for the Neo hub ?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Trainer mat. Still had to add a towel on top to soak up the sweat. Mat was not a necessity at all. Had a towel before it that seemed to work more than just fine. Simply an indulgence that has yet to add any benefit, visual or otherwise!!!

dim

by dim

Oakley Jawbreaker Photocomic
(I've been using Seregeti Drivers (for driving) that keeps on misting up

Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

tmr5555

by tmr5555

Image vintage kit.
Lee Turner, where you at?? :-)

nulldreiundreissig

by nulldreiundreissig

I just got a new pair of Look Keo Blades.

I immediatly liked how stiff they are, but Is there already an aftermarket titanium spindle for the MY 2019 pedals?

by Weenie