The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Squashednuts
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:12 am
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

by Squashednuts

DOUG wrote:
I actually priced up a build for some of these myself yesterday just for interests sake. Ive read good things about their wheels. Have you had the chance to ride them yet?

Yes have done about 150km, 1000m climbing
I really like them
They aren't really effected by cross winds
They roll really smoothly and dampen down some of the road chatter...roads here are hit and miss
Hard to tell accurately but I think I'm faster
They accelerate well

Wheelworks are a very easy company to deal with, Tristan is a top bloke.

My only niggle is that the W sticker on the rim is not centred on the valve

They are guaranteed for life

...all the positives may just be a bias because They're new and I need to justify the expense...but I don't think so

So far I'm very happy...and would buy again

I'll get to properly test them in November in Nelson for ATCC

dereksmalls
Posts: 2016
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Location: New Zealand

by dereksmalls

Bogan wrote:Cane Creek products are distributed in Australia by Dirtworks. I have seen EE brakes on display at Bike Now in Melbourne. Bikebug are also stocking EE now.


Out of stock and the same price to buy from them as it would be to buy in New Zealand, so no cheaper if I was to get from there. But if you're in Aus might be sweet

ryanw
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 pm
Location: London

by ryanw

Check out Bike Gallery Melbourne. They have / can get hold of all the best kit.
'16 Cervelo S5 - 6900g
'17 Focus Mares Force 1
'15 Scott Addict Team - 6850g Sold
'17 Cervelo R3D DA - 7580g - Sold
'16 Cannondale CAAD12 DA Disc - 7560g - RIP

KCookie
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 am
Location: Pom living in Australia

by KCookie

All of them are so expensive, dirt works are $715 each, can get a pair for that price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

User avatar
DOUG
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:54 pm

by DOUG

Squashednuts wrote:
DOUG wrote:
I actually priced up a build for some of these myself yesterday just for interests sake. Ive read good things about their wheels. Have you had the chance to ride them yet?

Yes have done about 150km, 1000m climbing
I really like them
They aren't really effected by cross winds
They roll really smoothly and dampen down some of the road chatter...roads here are hit and miss
Hard to tell accurately but I think I'm faster
They accelerate well

Wheelworks are a very easy company to deal with, Tristan is a top bloke.

My only niggle is that the W sticker on the rim is not centred on the valve

They are guaranteed for life

...all the positives may just be a bias because They're new and I need to justify the expense...but I don't think so

So far I'm very happy...and would buy again

I'll get to properly test them in November in Nelson for ATCC


Thanks! Looking at the 35mm version. Theyre not cheap but the attention to detail that they display is impressive. Not a huge weight saving over my Bontragers though which is really the only thing that would stop me. You running them tubeless?

User avatar
Kayrehn
Posts: 1044
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

by Kayrehn

I got them from Starbike, which I found to be the cheapest. And for some reason, I never get charged gst locally spend whatever amount at Starbike so it's great savings for me.

peted76
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:30 pm

by peted76

Raceware stem bolt out front mount.. 37grams inc hardware.
I am very pleased with this.
Image

Squashednuts
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:12 am
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

by Squashednuts

DOUG wrote:
Thanks! Looking at the 35mm version. Theyre not cheap but the attention to detail that they display is impressive. Not a huge weight saving over my Bontragers though which is really the only thing that would stop me. You running them tubeless?

You're right about both the attention to detail & limited weight saving

https://www.bike-components.de/en/NEWMEN/

They have some pretty light wheels on this site.

No I'm not brave enough to try tubeless...yet. :D

glam2deaf
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 am

by glam2deaf

Squashednuts wrote:Wheelworks Maker Disc Brake Wheels
"Mullet" depth
50mm rear 35mm front
DT Swiss 240 hubs
Handmade by Wellington based company
Weight 1514g


These finished up really nice. Good choice on the wheels!

Squashednuts
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:12 am
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

by Squashednuts

glam2deaf wrote:
Squashednuts wrote:Wheelworks Maker Disc Brake Wheels
"Mullet" depth
50mm rear 35mm front
DT Swiss 240 hubs
Handmade by Wellington based company
Weight 1514g


These finished up really nice. Good choice on the wheels!

Thanks for the nudge :)

Will post updated photos of bike soon(ish)

whydobearsxplod
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 3:10 am
Location: Santa Barbara

by whydobearsxplod

Hyperstem! 120 10 deg. 87g

Image

mvcap
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:50 pm

by mvcap

Allez Sprint Chameleon frame. Best bike is the one you want to ride, right? ImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

User avatar
rainerhq
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 am
Location: Estonia

by rainerhq

Weight is mandatory.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"
Jamis Renegade Expert
Spark 900 RC

alistaird
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:21 pm

by alistaird

Bought a set of these:
Image

Weight: F 623g/R 863g = Pair 1486g
Rims: Super high-modulus, impact-resistant 50mm deep-V full monocoque tubular design
Spokes: Triple-butted aero 2.2mm SS, radial-laced F/2X R
Hubs: Lightweight design w/Japanese-made EZO cartridge bearings (2Fx5R), 20H F/24H R
Freehub: Shimano 9/10, Campagnolo 9/10/11-speed compatible
Extras: Lightweight QR skewers with machined aluminum levers &hardened cro-mo shafts

Will be interesting to see if they arrive and I have been assured that it will have both Campagnolo and Shimano freehubs..... It was the last pair in stock and price was about 80% off the re-stock price and about 90% off list...

Also bought a set of FSA Plasma handlebars off eBay so am waiting to see what that looks like as well.

I think the Wheels and Bars will be for my Colnago and then have a swap around with some stuff ending up on the my aero Reef/EPX. Not sure if any bits will end up on the Sintessi...


A

syplam
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:30 am

by syplam

Image Got these custom designed thanks to riesel design


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post