The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
Kjetil
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 pm
Location: Hamar, Norway
Contact:

by Kjetil

Yes, it's the Assos Raincap. Haven't used it before, always cotton caps only. Thinking that it may be somewhat less cool than the latter when it's raining, and hoping it's not to hot if it stops.

Those Assos Sturmnuss rain knickers are not very aero, but at least they're knickers and not full leg pants. I hope they should be just the ticket to make 3 hours plus in the rain a bit more bearable. Have used an Endura Stealth Lite bib rain tight before, but the fit was odd. Seems to me that those Scots use a mannequin with short legs and long torso but I'm like Coppi. Also the Sturmnuss can come off in a whiff.

With these purchases we won't have rain this side of mid summer.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

User avatar
veganeric
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:25 am
Location: MN

by veganeric

vincenzo wrote:2013 Specialized S-Works Shoes

I was ogling those at my LBS. I wish I could justify new shoes this year.


User avatar
astranoc
Posts: 458
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:43 am

by astranoc

Image Zipp contour sl bars :)

mrodaddy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:16 pm

by mrodaddy

Red calipers and Ultegra drivetrain for a gravel racer....good times.

jdp211
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:26 am

by jdp211

Record hubs laced to Campy Barcelona rims as well as a pair of 27 Vitorria Pave's to glue on them. Battenkill, here I come!

DartanianX
Posts: 505
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 am

by DartanianX

Got the following, BBB Select Glasses Giftbox, Prologo double touch black bar tape, Lazer Genesis, 25mm Maxxis Refuse, BBB Ceramic Jockey Wheels from Marleen Wholesalers in New Zealand. Brought a FSA Ceramic BB86 for my BMC SLR01, also fixed my SRM PC7 Case after a crash - got black top / keyboard with a white bottom.

manne
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: Sweden

by manne

Image


User avatar
Kjetil
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 pm
Location: Hamar, Norway
Contact:

by Kjetil

That's my shoes, manne!

Just ordered a Giro Air Attack, M, no shield, in white/silver. With standard Norwegian temperatures and the sheer amount of looong 20 rider double paceline TTTs I do, I figured why not go modern aero up top too. No shield for practicality (and a bit of conservatism).
Besides I always preferred helmets without a big tail. My "holed" helmet is the old Limar F104.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

nspace
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 3:08 am
Location: Milton, Canada

by nspace

jdp211 wrote:Record hubs laced to Campy Barcelona rims as well as a pair of 27 Vitorria Pave's to glue on them. Battenkill, here I come!


Those sound awesome! Silver hubs?

nspace
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 3:08 am
Location: Milton, Canada

by nspace

Time to get my bikes back in order

- White Industries 34T ENO Chainring
- Chris King ring drive lube
- Shimano UN91 square taper BB (circa '95 +/-)
- Paragon Machine Works MS0022 Ti slider hardware
- 2 x Continental 4 season 700x25c tires
- 2 x Andrew King Stainless cages
- 2 x Thomson seatpost clamps (silver)
- Campagnolo Record 11spd chain
- KMC missing link (going to give this a try instead of getting the chain peened)
- ESI chunky grips

Also picked up some Sidi Dominator 5's

User avatar
TashkentTerror
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:55 am
Location: Oslo Norway

by TashkentTerror

Kjetil wrote:
Just ordered a Giro Air Attack, M, no shield, in white/silver. With standard Norwegian temperatures


Just ordered one myself. With -10 Celsius around Oslo the lack of ventilation is what I`m after.
Probably a great helmet for scandinavian weather and temperatures.

helios
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 pm
Location: STL

by helios

Image

Monkeyboy3333
Posts: 632
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 pm

by Monkeyboy3333

Kjetil wrote:Yes, it's the Assos Raincap. Haven't used it before, always cotton caps only. Thinking that it may be somewhat less cool than the latter when it's raining, and hoping it's not to hot if it stops.

Those Assos Sturmnuss rain knickers are not very aero, but at least they're knickers and not full leg pants. I hope they should be just the ticket to make 3 hours plus in the rain a bit more bearable. Have used an Endura Stealth Lite bib rain tight before, but the fit was odd. Seems to me that those Scots use a mannequin with short legs and long torso but I'm like Coppi. Also the Sturmnuss can come off in a whiff.

With these purchases we won't have rain this side of mid summer.


I know you're an Assos man from what you've bought in the past on here but have you tried Castelli's nanoflex stuff for the rain? Most of the guys round here ( rainy Bristol at present ) have been over the moon with it for rainy days in the saddle ...

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post