Page 205 of 502

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:34 pm
by manne
Oakley Radarlock.

Image

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am
by djm
manne: Best glasses out there ! :-)

Today: Garmin Edge out-front mount, 11-32 SRAM 1070-cassette (for Gran Canaria, and hopefully it'll work with DADi2), GP4000s, SKS Raceblade Long for the spring and fall training on the road bike, 3T Rotundo Pro for my crossbike (or roadbike, haven't decided yet)

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 am
by Weenie

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:22 pm
by kgt
Image

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:20 pm
by jsprbcn
trychle wrote:
Kjetil wrote:
jsprbcn wrote:ELITE Custom Race Bottle Cage black matte soft touch
Want!


Do you have a 'real life' picture of those cages for me?

thanks :beerchug:


Image
ELITE Custom Race bottle cage black matte soft touch by jsprhrmsn.photography, on Flickr

Image
ELITE Custom Race bottle cage black matte soft touch by jsprhrmsn.photography, on Flickr

ps: maybe we should start a topic where people can post/request actual photos of products, bike parts, details etc.??

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 pm
by manne
djm wrote:manne: Best glasses out there ! :-)

Today: Garmin Edge out-front mount, 11-32 SRAM 1070-cassette (for Gran Canaria, and hopefully it'll work with DADi2), GP4000s, SKS Raceblade Long for the spring and fall training on the road bike, 3T Rotundo Pro for my crossbike (or roadbike, haven't decided yet)


No doubt about that my friend :thumbup:

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:00 pm
by handler
djm wrote:manne: Best glasses out there ! :-)

Today: Garmin Edge out-front mount, 11-32 SRAM 1070-cassette (for Gran Canaria, and hopefully it'll work with DADi2), GP4000s, SKS Raceblade Long for the spring and fall training on the road bike, 3T Rotundo Pro for my crossbike (or roadbike, haven't decided yet)


11-25 is more than enough for Gran Canaria. Just a tip. Good luck.

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:44 am
by djm
handler: I have a couple of hundred of hours riding in Gran Canaria and usually ride in the mountains, and not much on the false flats. My season start is coming closer, and riding three weeks with a slightly low cadence and too high torque is not going to do the preparations any good. I simply cannot ride hard on every ride and at all times.. On one of the first days we'll do the Valley of the Tears again, and I'm looking forward to doing it with proper gearing as opposed to the 26 I had last time :-)

I much prefer maintaining an 80+ cadence, and not one closer to 60, which in my opinion is too low. Some of the climbs are pretty steep and long, and I will do shorter and more anaerobic efforts. In order to get proper rest in between intervals having a really light gear is essential unless I were to ride up and down the same climb.

And.. I'll bring my usual 11-28 along aswell.

Also it would've perhaps been more sensible to use an 11-28 or 11-25 and a compact crankset, however I use my powermeter which is 130bcd and I have yet to procure a 110bcd PM :-)

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:29 pm
by manne
Icebreaker LS Sprint GT.

Best long sleeve base layer I've used so far.

Image

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 am
by JamieL
djm wrote:handler: I have a couple of hundred of hours riding in Gran Canaria and usually ride in the mountains, and not much on the false flats. My season start is coming closer, and riding three weeks with a slightly low cadence and too high torque is not going to do the preparations any good. I simply cannot ride hard on every ride and at all times.. On one of the first days we'll do the Valley of the Tears again, and I'm looking forward to doing it with proper gearing as opposed to the 26 I had last time :-)


Valley of tears with 40X25 left me with two dead legs. i would have loved a 32 cog at the back...

Just picked up a couple of these:
Image

Looking forward to seeing how they compare to the Records

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:41 am
by jbf
This is what i bought today. Can't wait to try them. (FYI - Size 43 A-Two's)

Image

Image

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:14 am
by tonytourist
Picked up some Kitsbow baggies yesterday, wore them today. Really nice 8)

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 am
by giant man
manne wrote:Icebreaker LS Sprint GT.

Best long sleeve base layer I've used so far.

Image

can't seem to get these anywhere now, where did you find yours?

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am
by fletch62
@jbf: Foster's, really :noidea: .
Nobody drinks that stuff, and i'm Australian. :lol:

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:16 pm
by Kjetil
But it says Premium Quality on the can!

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:40 pm
by jsprbcn
I got good new from my lawyer regarding the financial compensation of my recent cycling accident, so I purchased my Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2 :-) Now let's wait till week 19 for delivery... 8)

Re: The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:40 pm
by Weenie