The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

desperado95219

by desperado95219

Sorry! I didn't realize this was on a "what have you bought a today" thread. I am sure this is meant to imply tell everyone what you bought.....not evaluate a choice or critique a product line.

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

Garmin Varia RTL510 taillight radar. Bought this yesterday and took it for a first ride today. I’m impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Berzin1

by Berzin1

Woohoo!!! Almost done!!! Just need to wait until next week when the decals are painted onto the Enve Road 2.0 fork. Haha!!!

This really isn't a weight weenie frame, and I'm going to use very functional and stylish (imho) but not weight weenie parts. So would it be cool if I do a write-up with pics?

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Northwave Extreme RR size 44 Probikekit. Normally I take a 43 but they have been progressively making them narrower. 43.5 might have been good enough but didn't want to chance it. Image

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Berzin1 wrote:Woohoo!!! Almost done!!! Just need to wait until next week when the decals are painted onto the Enve Road 2.0 fork. Haha!!!

This really isn't a weight weenie frame, and I'm going to use very functional and stylish (imho) but not weight weenie parts. So would it be cool if I do a write-up with pics?

Yes please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Recommended by fitter during my recent Retül fitting.

Because some stuff needs to be hammered down sometimes

Because I was told recently all derailer adjustments start with making sure the hanger is straightImageImage

dgasmd

by dgasmd

ImageImage

The weather in FL has been cool out for the past couple of months, so trainer work has been tolerable in the garage temp wise. The heat just came back with a vengeance. So, installed a temporary solution (portable A/C) as I have my house for sale and didn’t want to invest $3-4K in a permanent A/C. We will see how well it works, but has to be better than the 90+ temps I had there 3 days ago!!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

dgasmd wrote: Image
Because some stuff needs to be hammered down
Needs to be bigger. Image
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Calnago wrote: Needs to be bigger. Image
That’s what she saidImageImageImageImage

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Got some hammers too but not going to use on bike even it would need one good hit... :lol: Propably not many blacksmith don't do these rock hammers anymore becouse this older gentlemen from small village in Lapland is selling alot of these all over world as much he can forge. Made from speciel steel.

Couple days and new frame should arrive. Need order Lupina, C-bear BB and some small bits to get it ready.

DOUG

by DOUG

dgasmd wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:14 pm
ImageImage

The weather in FL has been cool out for the past couple of months, so trainer work has been tolerable in the garage temp wise. The heat just came back with a vengeance. So, installed a temporary solution (portable A/C) as I have my house for sale and didn’t want to invest $3-4K in a permanent A/C. We will see how well it works, but has to be better than the 90+ temps I had there 3 days ago!!
Very interested to hear how this goes, how many kW? My trainer is also relegated to the garage which gets very hot in summer here in Australia. Like you Im hesitant to drop 3k on a split system that will only get used for an hour or two every few days.

dricked

by dricked

If the room is insulated it should do quite well. I used one when renovating and my AC was not working, it brought the temperature down to a reasonable level. It was trying to cool 1000sq/ft.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Single car garage and not insulated, so the 14,000 BTU is over rated for the square footage. On paper at least!! Used it twice already when in the high 90’s out. Cools the room nicely, but it does require at least a couple of hrs of anticipation. Works best with another larger stand fan blowing around in the meantime as well to spread the cool air quicker. I still turn on the big fan in front of the trainer when I’m on it.

It’s a temporary solution like I said, but should also come in handy in hurricane season as I can run it off the generator. The home a/c is too big for the generator’s size.

ND4SPD

by ND4SPD

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:59 am
robertbb wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:14 am
kgt wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:31 pm
ND4SPD wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:18 pm
More gear:

I was in dilemma between Gaerne G.STILO and Giro Empire SLX, Gaerne are a little more comfortable, and it seems to me they are made a little better...
No doubt about this. Gaerne are better quality shoes than any model from Giro.
This is a really big call. Got anything to back it up?

It's a big claim, but it's true for the most part. I own shoes from both brands. I wear my Giros primarily because they fit my feet slightly better, but there's no doubt in my mind the Gaernes are made to a better standard with better materials. Gaerne shoes are handmade in Italy down the street from Sidi and AlpineStars. They all know how to make beefy shoes that will take a beating on a motorcycle. Gaerne does not care about making lightweight shoes. They don't use glue where metal fasteners should be used instead. Their micro-tex feels a lot more like leather than what Giro uses. My Giros have had minor issues with longevity. The heel lugs on my Prolight Techlace fell off. The carbon sole on my Empire SLX started to separate from the upper around my pinky toe.
Gaerne G.STILO are 299 grams, and Giro Empire SLX are 175 grams, so not that big difference... Sidi are even heavier...
Gearjunkie wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:14 am
For jerseys, try the Spexcel solid color jerseys on Aliexpress.

Very good quality and fit (as good as or even better than Rapha Pro Team IMHO), very cheap (1/10th price of Rapha).
audioblazer wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:03 pm
1. Spexcel solid colour jersey from Ali express . Value for money. For comparison , I have assos, santini , plenty of rapha , black sheep , Pedla , Pearl Izumi, Le cow sportif, la passione etc etc
bremerradkurier wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:34 pm
The $30 Spexcel bib shorts from Ali punch well above their weight on a bang for the buck basis, easily comparable to mid tier products from Pearl Izumi, Gonso, or Ultima.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-SP ... 4c4d8aVooy
Read that, and ordered this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 6b233H54MM

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 7416Oad6BS

I will blame you if the quality is poor :D

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Totally :)

The jersey in your link is different to the ones I purchased. The arms on my Spexcel jerseys are a mesh / aero material, blatant copy of Rapha Pro Team Aero jersey.

Not tried the bibs, so please post a review when you get them / have ridden in them.

Cheers
GJ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com