The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 am

decides to get something a little lighter then a berk this time.
Does this saddle only actually weigh 68gr and are there any rider weight limits on that?
it's on the way.. I'll know shortly

I dont know of a weight limit on it.. the only bummer is the oversized rails 7x10 but looking at the future bike / post it's going on.. I think I will be ok.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

KarlC

by KarlC

Imaking20 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:41 am
Bad link ?

C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:06 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 am

decides to get something a little lighter then a berk this time.
Does this saddle only actually weigh 68gr and are there any rider weight limits on that?
Try as I might, I haven't been able to find a weight limit listed for this saddle. I was interested in ordering one, but I'm reluctant to order one (especially given the price).

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Bontrager xxx right? Its around 66-68grams. Spent a fair bit of time on it. Nice shape, for me. If I was in the market for a potato chip style saddle this would be it. I like something more substantial for longer rides however.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Calnago wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:09 pm
Bontrager xxx right? Its around 66-68grams. Spent a fair bit of time on it. Nice shape, for me. If I was in the market for a potato chip style saddle this would be it. I like something more substantial for longer rides however.
he's looking for the weight limit :thumbup:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

spdntrxi wrote:
Calnago wrote:
@bikeboy1tr was looking for the weight limit but was also questioning the actual weight.
The only warnings I remember for sure are that it is for pavement use only and “High Force from rough terrain could cause saddle to break”. And to only use clamps approved for 7x10 rails, by Bontrager of course, but I think as long as you use an “appropriate” clamp you’ll be fine. Just keep in mind that it weighs under 70grams, is potato chip thin, and cannot be held to the same standards as something that is well, simply stronger with more material. In other words, a little common sense goes a long way here. Having said that, I know a 220 pounder that rides this saddle and loves it.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

ok Cal... I'll weigh mine when I get it.. It's going on my BMC TM01 Road.. and I'm well enough under 220, but I wont be using a Bontrager clamp obviously. The BMC clamping area looks like it might be compatible enough... certainly better then the Ergon CF3 clamp on my Gravel Bike in terms of fitting 7x10 rails.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Calnago wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Calnago wrote:
@bikeboy1tr was looking for the weight limit but was also questioning the actual weight.
The only warnings I remember for sure are that it is for pavement use only and “High Force from rough terrain could cause saddle to break”. And to only use clamps approved for 7x10 rails, by Bontrager of course, but I think as long as you use an “appropriate” clamp you’ll be fine. Just keep in mind that it weighs under 70grams, is potato chip thin, and cannot be held to the same standards as something that is well, simply stronger with more material. In other words, a little common sense goes a long way here. Having said that, I know a 220 pounder that rides this saddle and loves it.
Soon as I saw this saddle I googled it to find the specs but they never listed any rider weight limits for it and also sometimes the manufacturer weight specs for products are on the conservative side. The SMP I purchased was claimed to weigh 105gr on Albabici site and the actual SMP site says 130 but mine weighed in at 118gr. And as for the price on the Bontragger site I think it was about $450 US whereas mine list for $750 US. I didnt think that was terribly crazy unlike mine.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

spdntrxi wrote:ok Cal... I'll weigh mine when I get it.. It's going on my BMC TM01 Road.. and I'm well enough under 220, but I wont be using a Bontrager clamp obviously. The BMC clamping area looks like it might be compatible enough... certainly better then the Ergon CF3 clamp on my Gravel Bike in terms of fitting 7x10 rails.
I’ve had a few pass through and yes, the weight is right in the 65-70g area (being conservative both sides). As for the clamp, common sense again, just make sure you don’t do anything silly like use a clamp for 7mm round rails that’s going to gouge into the sides or anything that might create any obvious stress risers etc. But the rails seem super strong, same as on my Serano RXL, so I don’t think they skimped there. Just don’t crash, because I have a feeling this saddle might not fare so well in that event. It’s a very nicely made saddle. And unlike some saddles with a thin edge, and even some with thicker edges, the edges are nicely sculpted and never gouged into my legs.
Last edited by Calnago on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

^which is actually a feat. Even the S-Works Power dug into me something fierce

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Sorry, I'm being slow.

What saddle is it?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Gearjunkie wrote:Sorry, I'm being slow.

What saddle is it?
Bontrager Carbon XXX

sychen

by sychen

New kit time after the last crash..

Giro Aether
Assos s9 Rs jersey and bibs.

New colour direction.. Getting some red in my kit. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com