The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Had an itch…. Image
Not particularly WW, being 80s SLX, but it was too pretty to ignore. Image

Now I just have to figure out how I’m going to get it back from my mate in Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skidrrr

by skidrrr

Starting new build for the next season: Basso Diamante SV w/ direct mount brakes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Very nice

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

nickf

by nickf

Things are adding up. English gravel, Wheels manufacturing T47 GXP BB, Tune 30.0 seatpost clamp, Extralite ultra top 44 HD/ Ultrabottom 44, Extralite Hyperstem, Extralite hyper spacers, Darimo 27.2 T1 post.

kervelo

by kervelo

Just ordered a pair of Schwalbe Pro One TLE transparent skin tyres, 28-622. No need for them right now, but purchased for future use. The availability has not been great lately.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

kervelo wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:18 pm
Just ordered a pair of Schwalbe Pro One TLE transparent skin tyres, 28-622. No need for them right now, but purchased for future use. The availability has not been great lately.
Yes.. ordered some TT versions myself. Backordered till the end of august.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

kervelo

by kervelo

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:47 pm
kervelo wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:18 pm
Yes.. ordered some TT versions myself. Backordered till the end of august.
My tyres will be delivered on Thursday, will add them to the pile of bike parts I have purchased while still available. :)

takolino

by takolino

Just got these on sale which is pretty rare. Even at 20% off, they're still a bit pricey but they build up nice and light. Berd spokes and Extralite hubs on order for a sub1 build.

jaibautista

by jaibautista

Scored a great deal on a Chapter2 Tere frame (MY2018) from the local distributor. Took it for a quick ride, and I'm stoked with the combination of stiffness (immediate translation of pedal input into forward movement) and comfort (compared to my Giant TCR SLR2 2014, it mutes road vibration quite well, approaching steel-is-real level of a magic carpet ride). I should've joined the carbon bandwagon a long time ago!!! :lol:

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

[quote=jaibautista post_id=1700883 time=1630833385 user_id=55753]
Scored a great deal on a Chapter2 Tere frame (MY2018) from the local distributor. Took it for a quick ride, and I'm stoked with the combination of stiffness (immediate translation of pedal input into forward movement) and comfort (compared to my Giant TCR SLR2 2014, it mutes road vibration quite well, approaching steel-is-real level of a magic carpet ride). I should've joined the carbon bandwagon a long time ago!!! :lol:

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/514 ... a619_b.jpg[/img]
[/quote

Congratulations! A beautiful bike. Just me me thing. The shallowest wheel I ride is 38mm deep and ride 55mm deep almost daily. A bike with shallow wheels just looks out of place to me. :beerchug:

jaibautista

by jaibautista

Juanmoretime wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:53 pm
Congratulations! A beautiful bike. Just me me thing. The shallowest wheel I ride is 38mm deep and ride 55mm deep almost daily. A bike with shallow wheels just looks out of place to me. :beerchug:
Thanks for the kind words! :D Actually that's what I immediately noticed: I need carbon wheels!!! While I can't fault the Ultegra 6800 wheelset (it's still smooth and works as advertised), it just looks out of place in a carbon road frame. That's the next upgrade for me (and I'm on the lookout for great deals again; hopefully I can find a similar deal very soon!).

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Aethos Pro frame, 683g bare w/hangers.

Now that I'm broke, not liking this particular thread much anymore :lol:

kervelo

by kervelo

Not bought today, but quite recently: Giro Manifest MIPS MTB helmet.

synchronicity

by synchronicity

vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

5th Berk Lupina - ordered on Monday - in house on Thursday. Perfectly packed incl. box and little bag where the saddle was in. ( Saddel sould be here on Wednesday if DHL did their best ) ...Saddle went from Italia to Belgium - to Italia - To Belgium... :evil: