The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nickf

by nickf

ms6073 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:53 pm
nickf wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:05 pm

DMT KRO

So far so good.
Damn you. I get more and more tempted to get these everytime I see pictures like that but unsure how the knit exterior will fair over time. Seems like I would wear the same size as my Shimano SH-RC902 S-Phyres.
These will be road only, fair weather only shoes! I wear a 45 Bontrager, 45.5 sidi. These are a 45 and are spot on. To be honest the only reason I got a pair was because my local shop started to stock them, was able to try on multiple sizes.

eins4eins

by eins4eins

I also bought the KR0 when i saw they're finally available in white. Comfort is awesome but unfortunately the heel retention is the worst i ever experienced. The grip insert are so low and the material isn't tight enough at the top to actually do anything for locking in the heel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Agree. Sent KRSL straight back. Awful shoes (for my feet).
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

ms6073

by ms6073

eins4eins wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:26 am
I also bought the KR0 when i saw they're finally available in white. Comfort is awesome but unfortunately the heel retention is the worst i ever experienced.
Thanks for that feedback. Definitely helps with the decission as my Shimano S-Phyres have the best heel retention when comparing between Sidi Shot and Suplest Edge+ Pro all in size 42.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

liam7020 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:42 pm
jmagoulas wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:44 pm

225grams without mount 420/100mm

So sexy how can I possibly put bar tape on this.
That's very impressive. Will that combo work with a frame with non-round spacers such as the Factor Ostro?
I am not sure. I know with the Time I am not able to "slam" the stem due to the angle of stem clamp bolt. I would have to use a 5mm spacer under.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Aeolus XXX4 Disc tubs..
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

Jcamp

by Jcamp

Had GRX Di2 group set fitted to my Topstone Alloy. Not a flyweight but better then quite a few higher end carbon gravel bikes. Weight is with cages and pedals

rjich

by rjich

I asked tubolito if I should bend my slightly bent valve or chuck it (didn't want it to break when I needed to use small pump with a bit of leverage) they replied back with a coupon so I received a free tube. I need to share product code of old one when I replace. Result and thanks tubolito !

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Juin Tech GT for some tuning/weight savings thanks to the information contributed by you guys. Got Ashima Aineon 160mm rotors and Aican Bungarus brake cables too.

ImageImageImage

The excellent Lucendi also made and sent me a bunch of bar end plugs for naked bars in slightly different sizes, with one of his homemade bike stand too. Super stoked to get them, great generosity from him to help us all in our never ending weight saving quest Image
ImageImage

takolino

by takolino

Kayrehn wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:15 pm
Juin Tech GT for some tuning/weight savings thanks to the information contributed by you guys. Got Ashima Aineon 160mm rotors and Aican Bungarus brake cables too.
Are these going on your Factor O2? Curious how the cable routing will go. I just picked up a new VAM for a reasonable half off retail and may do the same.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Congrats and welcome to the club I just left it at the LBS for installation on my O2 VAM and will pick it up after a few hours. Will update in my intro thread about it!

C36

by C36

A well spent 30€, I should have done it ages ago. Gives the answer to adjust the position, ensure saddle, seat back, levers are absolutely perfect or take measurement between 2 bikes. Image

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

flying

by flying

C36 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:34 am
A well spent 30€, I should have done it ages ago. Gives the answer to adjust the position, ensure saddle, seat back, levers are absolutely perfect or take measurement between 2 bikes.
Yes but as these were designed for stationary objects/building etc you need to replicate a perfect vertical position of your movable bike each time :wink:

jurez

by jurez

Kayrehn wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:15 pm

ImageImageImage

The excellent Lucendi also made and sent me a bunch of bar end plugs for naked bars in slightly different sizes, with one of his homemade bike stand too. Super stoked to get them, great generosity from him to help us all in our never ending weight saving quest Image
ImageImage
dont really see the point of using a visible bike stand, isnt the whole point of using this somewhat risky stands of being "hidden" in the photo?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

aeolus xxx4 disc tubs
zipp 202 tubs rim brake
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"