The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

sychen

by sychen

Black Friday buy finally off the slow boat.
Time Xpro 15.
Been using Speedplay zeros for the last 5 years.. Itching to try something different.

Just the pedals are 175g..which is right on the money. Compared to the stock zeros are 33g lighter.
The real story is when you weigh the whole kit.. Cleats, bolts, wedges and all.

Xpro 259g
Zero 353g

94g lighter as a kit. Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

Give us your feedback when you try them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

GP4000s $90 for 4 tires ($22.50/each):

https://www.excelsports.com/main.asp?pa ... 1&minor=27

Willier

by Willier

AJS914 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:05 pm

sorry to say this, but those are not gp4000

kode54

by kode54

those are regular Grand Prix tires. I've been running them for awhile now since they're cheap on sale. haven't had any more or any less issues compared to GP4000II, and at that price, I can change the tires more often. Uses similar Black Chili compound for rubber.
Willier wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 pm
AJS914 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:05 pm

sorry to say this, but those are not gp4000
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

oh, and at 700x25mm, 2g lighter if that makes a difference!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Since my 16 y.o took the Prius with the rack/hitch, I had to come up with something for the new commuter car to accommodate the bikes on long trips. Looked for a simple add on hitch kit but this was 1/4th the price altogether. Will try it a bit, and if it works out well I’ll get the 2-3 bike one from Alibaba instead as the 3 bike carrier costs what a single carrier sea sucker cost on amazon!!! Eat part is I can for this easily in my travel bag with the bike and use it on trips as well. Unlike the 2 bike Saris Thelma!!!!!

73Bronco

by 73Bronco

dgasmd wrote:Image

Since my 16 y.o took the Prius with the rack/hitch, I had to come up with something for the new commuter car to accommodate the bikes on long trips. Looked for a simple add on hitch kit but this was 1/4th the price altogether. Will try it a bit, and if it works out well I’ll get the 2-3 bike one from Alibaba instead as the 3 bike carrier costs what a single carrier sea sucker cost on amazon!!! Eat part is I can for this easily in my travel bag with the bike and use it on trips as well. Unlike the 2 bike Saris Thelma!!!!!
Interesting, I've read nothing but good things about sea sucker, but man that $$.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IchDien

by IchDien

rukomasa

by rukomasa

I have this and failed. suction cup is Rock solid! but problem is QR. It uses wheel QR but I found any other car rack mount have ticket QR.

My case, bike has dropped right side due to strong wind from the left side even if fork has lawyer tab. Good thing is that the rear suction cup hold bike and hangs in car side so that nobody hearts at Tokyo city core highway.
I changed to Shimano QR, tighten like crazy but thinking to buy seasucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgasmd

by dgasmd

rukomasa wrote:

I have this and failed. suction cup is Rock solid! but problem is QR. It uses wheel QR but I found any other car rack mount have ticket QR.

My case, bike has dropped right side due to strong wind from the left side even if fork has lawyer tab. Good thing is that the rear suction cup hold bike and hangs in car side so that nobody hearts at Tokyo city core highway.
I changed to Shimano QR, tighten like crazy but thinking to buy seasucker.

This is great to know. Will replace the QR for sure, tighten it plenty, and maybe for peace of mind see if I can secure the bike some other way as well!!

73Bronco

by 73Bronco

The next step try and keep my toes warm. These go inside the shoe. No ride report yet, probably this weekend. Image

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yinya

by yinya

Guys, any of you know who might sell a similar front wheel support for the trainer so I don’t need to use the wheel. Can be with or without a tablet holder.

Miller

by Miller

A pair of these.

rukomasa

by rukomasa

yinya wrote:Image

Guys, any of you know who might sell a similar front wheel support for the trainer so I don’t need to use the wheel. Can be with or without a tablet holder.

Minoura FG542 or feedback sports has that sort of trainer but dunno if they sell wheel support separately.
What about buying truck fork mount like below and do small DIY?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AO7GRG/re ... eCbM7NFE7P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com