The official : "what have you bought today" topic

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Roel W

by Roel W

This heavy teeth (12-27).
Sorry for being to lazy to remove the plastic. It won't make that much difference.
Despite the heavy weight I hope it will last long and at 55€ it was also cheaper then the original Campa Chorus.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

jooo wrote:
SolidSnake03 wrote:Image

sweet - what does it weigh?

So I know this goes against all that is Weight Weenie but honestly I didn't buy it for the weight...

I bought it because it was something really different that I thought would be very neat to have and build up into a fun race bike. Also, something strikes me about Steel and Alum that I still like the look and feel of.

That being said, I'll see about getting the shop to weigh it before I have it built up
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Wingnut

by Wingnut

giant man wrote:i personally wouldn't worry about black spokes being noisy, but what I wouldn't want is for the black to come off after a while.

The black CX-Rays are available either oxidised or (black) chromed apparently. Do you know which version you bought Wingnut?

I have no idea, Hope have now changed to Sapim Sprint spokes since... :noidea: The wheels are very quiet other than some initial pings at the start...

I was riding on Mavic Open Pro's, 36 hole straight gauge DT wheels with 25mm Conti tyres...now I'm on 32 hole Sapim CX-Rays with 23mm Conti tyres...both wheels were on 100 psi but the new wheels feel so much smoother? :noidea:

giant man

by giant man

Thanks wingnut,must admit, I would never think of buying 'handmade' wheelsets from wiggle. Did you go for open pro hubs instead of the Stans Alpha's for winter use?

Wingnut

by Wingnut

The wheels are built by Hope & sold through Wiggle or Merlin bikes in the UK. Yeah I went for the Mavic rims as I've never had any trouble with them in 25 years...the Stans I do not trust...

I have to say they're a pair of the nicest training wheels I've ridden in a long time, so smooth...all my previous wheels have been built with Campagnolo hubs too...

giant man

by giant man

enjoy wingnut, and thanks for the info :thumbup:

fa63

by fa63

Not today, but I bought this on a whim a couple days ago:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Topeak Super Chuck
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

nismosr

by nismosr

trying some new cold gear from ShuttVR

2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

TimmS

by TimmS

Not exactly light weight but damn it's gorgeous

PSM

by PSM

giant man wrote:i personally wouldn't worry about black spokes being noisy, but what I wouldn't want is for the black to come off after a while.

The black CX-Rays are available either oxidised or (black) chromed apparently. Do you know which version you bought Wingnut?

I heard a LOUD noise when my black came off my spokes the other day. BANG!! :lol:

bigben99

by bigben99

today i bought RXL Bottle Cage

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Six Arundel Dave-O bottle cages, to replace the Mandibles I currently have.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Fiery

by Fiery

Why the change? I am considering buying some Mandibles...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Fiery: The mandibles are simply a bit too tight for the bottles I use (camelback podiums). The thin arms actually kind of "crush" in the bottles and they just aren't as easy to get in and out as I'd like. The Dave-O's have wider arms and whether it's because of that or maybe they are just a tad bigger, they feel a bit less snug with the same bottles. Yet still seem like they'd hold a bottle very firmly for the type of riding I do.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ