http://www.tylerhamiltontraining.com/

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

critracer26

by critracer26

Check this out, not sure if its real or a joke but i dont even know know where to start

http://www.tylerhamiltontraining.com/

CoachPotatoBilly

by CoachPotatoBilly

Everybody has to make a living somehow. His apparent only marketable skill (riding the bike fast) is no longer doable and it is my understanding he nearly went broke between defending against his positive doping test, his divorce, and other issues in his life.

He's been riding since the 80's, and has been trained by some stellar coaches over the years. He has no doubt learned a few things about coaching, periodization, high end supplementation regimens, and prep for big events like the Olympics, etc.. He was a very accomplished racer and in spite of his problems that knowledge is something he can potentially market to a segment of the riding population that wants his services. Not many coaches have an olympic gold medal, a US PRO Road Champ title, AND ridden at the front of the Tour de France with a broken collarbone whilst wearing a dog collar.

What else is he gonna do? Has anyone seen Roberto Heras', Floyd Landis', and soon enough - Danilo Di Luca's coaching sites yet??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

Everybody has to make a living somehow. His apparent only marketable skill (riding the bike fast) is no longer doable and it is my understanding he nearly went broke between defending against his positive doping test, his divorce, and other issues in his life.

He's been riding since the 80's, and has been trained by some stellar coaches over the years. He has no doubt learned a few things about coaching, periodization, high end supplementation regimens, and prep for big events like the Olympics, etc.. He was a very accomplished racer and in spite of his problems that knowledge is something he can potentially market to a segment of the riding population that wants his services. Not many coaches have an olympic gold medal, a US PRO Road Champ title, AND ridden at the front of the Tour de France with a broken collarbone whilst wearing a dog collar.

What else is he gonna do? Has anyone seen Roberto Heras', Floyd Landis', and soon enough - Danilo Di Luca's coaching sites yet??

heheh....

joke?
Last edited by ElDuderino on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HillMut

by HillMut

Why?

gazzaputt

by gazzaputt

See nothing wrong with what Tyler is doing here.

Love to train with the guy. For all his faults still one of my all time favourite riders.

critracer26

by critracer26

This guy:

Lionel

by Lionel

^
^
^
^
^

Ha ha this pic is so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ride or Die

CoachPotatoBilly

by CoachPotatoBilly

He sorta looks disheveled like Pavel Tonkov towards the end of his career... Both Hamilton and Tonkov were super clean cut guys back in the mid 90's. Both Tonkov and Hamilton started doing crazy things at the end of their careers and I have a funny pic back at home that looks remarkably like the one above after Hamilton won the Mt. Wash hill climb a couple of years back...except like Tonkov, Hamilton is giving someone the finger after they called him a doper.... (it wasn't me!!!)

Though.. he is a doper.. :shock:

Billy

jediknights

by jediknights

it should be a joke, he is.
Theforcetraining.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

CoachPotatoBilly wrote:Everybody has to make a living somehow. His apparent only marketable skill (riding the bike fast) is no longer doable and it is my understanding he nearly went broke between defending against his positive doping test, his divorce, and other issues in his life.

It's one thing to be coached by a former pro. They will have plenty of experience to pass on. However in TH's case, and for that matter any other convicted doper, his past would taint any achievements made by one of his charges. Tey may be clean as a whistle but his unrepentant stance in the face of overwhelming evidence would raise serious doubts as to the veracity of any results gained. The same would hold true for Di Luca, Heras and Vinokourov.

His palmares, whilst impressive, are also very suspect. His Olympic gold is especially suspect. Only an error in storage stopped him losing that.

While I don't begrudge him making a living, I'd rather he found a job outside cycling. If that means he has to live in a bedsit and pack bags at the local market so be it. It's a job. No one has the right to the job they want.