best way t o shave legs

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

RoadKill

by RoadKill

Thank you! I hate the ritual of shaving my legs. However, I must do so for so many of the reasons stated in the other thread. Saw this post, tried the Schick tonight and PERFECTION! Easy, no fuss, and quick. I am a bit of a thick haired fellow and it still worked great. Thank you for posting this. It solved a bi-weekly chore for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

KH1 wrote:I was regularly called a gorilla or hairy legged bastard.

:lol: :lol:

It's times like this I love being Aussie and the terms of endearment that we pull out :lol:

KH1

by KH1

Yes I look forward to more of the same love and affection this year :lol:
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

Leloby

by Leloby

I don't cycle much anymore but I always shave my legs come July as a tribute to the hard working riders in the Tour de France. These guys toil every day in the insufferable heat and perils of the road while you and I sit back and simply watch them on the telly.

Also, I find that hairy legs are not a great look in summer hot-pants or mini-skirts.

Yours, as always.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist

Stats

by Stats

lol - i do shave my legs and found that the new Gilette Fusion works the best of anything i have ever tried... I recently bought that schik intuition to try it based on your recommendation!!

I had used my gf's Braun Epilator... oh my god - that thing is hell! It's like a hundred little aggressive men with tweezers looking for the most painful way to rip hairs out of your legs!! i couldnt stand it... back to shaving for me - and i noticed no reduction in the number of hairs that grew back...

jvanv8

by jvanv8

Epilators take some getting used to. Also, it will be the most painful the first time you use it but it gets better after that. The nice part is that you can go for 2 weeks without needing to shave (maybe even 3 weeks for some people).
My Cycling Blog

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

ALL that and you only get 2 or 3 weeks out of it???

I know which I would rather!

hockinsk

by hockinsk

The missus and me both use Wilkinson Swords Quattro Titanium blades. Very happy and luverly smoov in the sack!

Murphs

by Murphs

I use a Schick Quattro in the shower, and usually the following shower or two for all the odd hairs I missed.

jvanv8

by jvanv8

jvanv8 wrote:Epilators take some getting used to. Also, it will be the most painful the first time you use it but it gets better after that. The nice part is that you can go for 2 weeks without needing to shave (maybe even 3 weeks for some people).

After the harsh "first timer" initiation, if I have an extra 5 minutes, I prefer the epilator and the 3 weeks off from shaving. And I should mention that even after 3 weeks, maybe only 50-65% of your old hair is visible so it's super easy to quickly shave or epilate again (plus it won't hurt as much the 2nd or 3rd time... by the 4th time, no problem at all). Although it costs ~ $50 USD for the epilator, you don't have to buy new blades at all so it can save some $$ in the long run.
My Cycling Blog

rikdewy

by rikdewy

I can't believe someone hasn't said it yet.

The best way to de-hair your legs is to get your girlfriend to wax them.! She'll love the chance to inflict some pain.... and it always ends well for me! Another Happy Ending! :mrgreen:
It's all about the bike! well nearly all.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

How can waxing be the best way after THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3EtytFfwvg

I love it when the girl says "Ive five brothers and they are all sheep shearers.."
:P
"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson