Posting a bike from UK

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

adrien de la touche

by adrien de la touche

Hi there
I've upgraded my bike and need to post my old one that I'm selling. Can anyone recommend a decent, reasonable company that will deliver it. It will either be delivered to Europe, USA or within the UK.
Thanks for your help.
Matt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

geraintnorman

by geraintnorman

I've only ever used Parcelforce. They are expensive, insurance is extra but the service is good.

mattr

by mattr

Just had two delivered from the UK to Sweden by TNT, boxes should have been sealed by the shipper a little better, but everything was there and undamaged.

legs 11

by legs 11

+1 for Parcelforce, I use them for the wheels and have never had a problem.
Fast, efficient and although a bit expensive they don't have the same volumetric weight policy that most other carriers have whereby they calculate the weight by the box dimensions.
A standard double wheelbox would weigh about 30 kg on that system! :)
You have a 5kg limit on the first band so you should easily be able to get a frame and fork inside that.
That's around £20 for UK I believe.
Watch out for Sweden though, as Parcelforce is extremely expensive for the Scandinavian countries???
Not sure why?
Pedalling Law Student.

mattr

by mattr

legs 11 wrote:Watch out for Sweden though, as Parcelforce is extremely expensive for the Scandinavian countries???
Not sure why?

Probably as theres not much business for them out here. 9 million people spread out over a country this size.........

NS

by NS

try www.transglobalexpress.co.uk WAY more reasonable than parcelforce for overseas

blazintrail

by blazintrail

Circled around to find this thread, considering somebody is still searching for delivery service for bulkier objects, I can definitely recommend parcelabc, if you can pack it, they can get it where you want it to be, you'll have to pick between delivery speed and price obviously, if you want it shipped for cheap, they'll likely wait till putting your package somewhere where there's leftover room, it may even happen to be moving around through third companies or countries, but will eventually get there, this happened for me, but I was left fairly satisfied with their services, considering I've saved so much delivering bike frame than if I'd be using some DHL.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com