Please help me I'm obsessed for lightweight parts

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dmirrer

by dmirrer

I don't know what's happening to me. I ordered this Pinarello Prince frame and after I received it I was looking for parts that I needed to have to finish my build. But then the weightweenie virus struck me. I ordered a Parlee clamp instead of a cheap FSA clamp which saves about 20 gram.
Then I looked at the BTP carbon shifterclamps that saves another 12 gram but costs me around EUR 40. And there are also the titanium and alu bolts with which you can save another 7 gram or so.
I'm talking about 150 grams of weightsaving for a lot of bucks. If I try to explain this rationally there is really no answer to justify my purchases.
The weight of the bike will be around 5.7 kg but I live in the flatlands. So I really don't need an ultralight bike.
Am I going nuts or something :shock:

KF

by KF

No - you're just a WW - congratz! :D
- G. Digital K. Loco

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sprinter

by Sprinter

5.7! That's a bit porky isn't it?

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

You're only doing it to impress people you don't know, on this website. Just pretend you have it all, they'll be impressed and you will still have a nice bike. :wink:

ferremi

by ferremi

Alloy and Titanium bolts, go for the real WW Nylon bolts 8) Hehe, I asked the same question the other day to myself, I don't really see the point of having a uber light bike here in Holland but why not. If it brings me join then, I will spend 50 Euro on a Btp bottle cage. I don't drink or smoke so gotta spend the money some how :P
euro cycling code of conduct!
"You shall not, under any circumstances, acknowledge the presence of a cyclist riding a bike costing less than $4000 USD in a public place. This could be severely detrimental to your image."

record

by record

Sprinter wrote:5.7! That's a bit porky isn't it?

:lol:
A light bike does replace good fitness.

dmirrer

by dmirrer

Sprinter wrote:5.7! That's a bit porky isn't it?

For a Pina Prince in size 56 it ain't ;-)

ferremi wrote:Alloy and Titanium bolts, go for the real WW Nylon bolts 8) Hehe, I asked the same question the other day to myself, I don't really see the point of having a uber light bike here in Holland but why not. If it brings me join then, I will spend 50 Euro on a Btp bottle cage. I don't drink or smoke so gotta spend the money some how :P

Yeah that's the other side of the medal : joy. But does it ever end after I tuned everything that can be tuned :?: Btw I did buy the BTP carbon clamps and the Schmolke aheadcap today hehe 8)
I eat carbon like cornflakes

Ant

by Ant

My dad said that being a WW is being lazy :)

Either get fitter or get lighter.

I think he's just envious that they didn't have stuff anywhere near this light when he was riding.

icculus

by icculus

dmirrer wrote:But does it ever end after I tuned everything that can be tuned

Then you buy a new frame and start the whole process over again.

cerro

by cerro

Welcome. I know many people who doesn't understand why I want to lighten my bikes so but it's very fun and a good way to spend money on something.

Tazzy

by Tazzy

On my roadbike it doesn't even make sense, my shopping list brings it down to 7,8kg... still I can't help myself :D

Gazelleer

by Gazelleer

Living in the Netherlands, there is an easy cure. Go out and choose your flattest course, go flat out for about an hour and you'll be wanting 808's instead. :twinkle:

dmirrer

by dmirrer

jvs wrote:Living in the Netherlands, there is an easy cure. Go out and choose your flattest course, go flat out for about an hour and you'll be wanting 808's instead. :twinkle:

And what about Lews ;)

Tazzy

by Tazzy

OMG dutch invasion :D

dmirrer

by dmirrer

Tazzy wrote:OMG dutch invasion :D

Yeah that's because the Dutch economy is doing better comparing to other EU countries and us Dutch weightweenies are taking advantage of it :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com