Astana in the Giro...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
beatnik
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:38 pm

by beatnik

Pro Cycling is a house of whores
Biomechanical spreadsheet. Sizing&Fitting.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8e319d185b

by Weenie


KB
Posts: 3868
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:32 pm
Location: HULLGARIA UK

by KB

OK Doc, according to your last mail, they are all as guilty as sin including Cunego. At least that's what I decipher from you last post.

Perhaps you can elucidate who is actually clean? Because if you don't your argument becomes circular and the guys who you consider dopers are obviously the same people who would win anyway. So, rumours (your choice of wording) are true then?

Moving the logic on a step further Riis, Pantani, Rasmussen, Contadoper, etc.etc. have no talent and only got the results through doping. Let's now also add in Lance as well and you have a 'full house'.

Maybe the true winner was a 4th cat winning a 'fish and chipper' in the Surrey League in the UK because he was cheated in not being able to take on the big boys and unleash his obvious talent.

Why don't we just ban everyone and stick our heads up our arses. Nobody's saying doping's right, but let's get a grip on reality and realise that the people you diss are way better athletes than anyone here. No amount of drugs would have made me any good as a bike rider; but add just about everyone else on the list.

Tell me who's won a legitimate TdF that you definitely know of? You can;'t because you don't know, but let's screw them anyway because they know someone who did. Rough justice!

User avatar
TheBugMan
Posts: 2215
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:08 am
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

beatnik wrote:Pro Cycling is a house of whores


I like whores. Except the ones with warts (>_<)'

dbj_cyclist
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:52 pm
Location: Kentwood, MI USA
Contact:

by dbj_cyclist

de lars cuevas wrote:Apart from any doping issues...

What interests me is: Will the astana's be in top shape in the Giro?


Actually at a convention in Vegas this week so wanted to run down and put a bet on Kloden, figuring that with the late notice the odds on him would be pretty long...the bookies out here (and I confirmed at Unibet.com) are picking him to win it...
There is no such thing as an absolute!

User avatar
beatnik
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:38 pm

by beatnik

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Contadoper is a funny name
Biomechanical spreadsheet. Sizing&Fitting.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8e319d185b

Gregorio
Posts: 1582
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Center of the Universe

by Gregorio

This is the funniest thread that I have ever read.

User avatar
beatnik
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:38 pm

by beatnik

There were other "non positive" riders in Giro 2007. One is Piepoli, and the other is Iban Mayo. Mayo is suspended for 2 years for EPO, but Piepoli is not.

I bid that Leonardo is not going to do a great Giro, the whole Saunier team is doing a very bad season, and i don´t know the reason :lol:

And i agree, this is a very funny thread :lol:
Biomechanical spreadsheet. Sizing&Fitting.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8e319d185b

User avatar
CharlesM
Posts: 5771
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:37 am
Location: Phoenix Arizona

by CharlesM

DocRay wrote:
PezTech wrote:That Coke issue was Simoni's Throat med (and got tested and verified). There was also the short sprinter who got busted with a small quantity...


snip
But what is most amazing, is the fantastic stories the fanboys accept outright, and the "innocent until proven guilty" lines...

Sure, I'll watch a few stages of the Giro near parts of Italy my family is from, but I won't admit to friends I still watch pro cycling, I'll tell them it was topless female wrestling instead.


A, I don't accept things outright but I do generally accept Lab results unless someone comes with proof the Lab screwed up and I totally understand why guys who are innocent don't have a damn clue where the dope came from and look for answers... It's the guys with one quick answer they stick with that scare me... And yeah I'll say I'm a fan, but if I'm a boy, you're a boy....


2,
I absolutely love that you needed to specify female.



and D, everyone please take this opportunity to laugh as Doc and I are...

2002SaecoReplica
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:02 pm
Location: Getting dropped

by 2002SaecoReplica

beatnik wrote:I bid that Leonardo is not going to do a great Giro, the whole Saunier team is doing a very bad season, and i don´t know the reason :lol:


They seem to be having a bit of trouble staying on their bikes this year.

http://cycleto.com/index.php?option=com ... o&Itemid=2
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

Bascuda
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:21 pm
Location: NYC

by Bascuda

DocRay wrote:
PezTech wrote:That Coke issue was Simoni's Throat med (and got tested and verified). There was also the short sprinter who got busted with a small quantity...




Connect the lines from US Postal/Discovery/Astana to the majority of riders caught doping in the last decade and you see a nice wheel design with Johan Bruyneel as the 'Chris King' hub. That's the rear hub, the front hub is Riis.



Have to admit this is at least very funny.

User avatar
beatnik
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:38 pm

by beatnik

:), Saunier´s Holy Grial is lost ;)
Biomechanical spreadsheet. Sizing&Fitting.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8e319d185b

owl
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:59 pm
Location: Cambridge

by owl

I think it is far game for cycling fans to question any unusual patterns and trends in riders results. Cunego's form in 2004 was truly exceptional and he has not repeated any similar performaces since. The way he held off the peloton on the stage to Terenten was very impressive. Similarly his TT effort in the second TT in the 2006 TDF was also unusual, he put some time into Fothen and other Time Trialists on a not so tricky course.

Cunego's results seem to have smoothed out in 2007/8 and show he is an exceptional one day hilly rider but not necessarily the outstanding stage race rider he was in 2004.
Owl

User avatar
beatnik
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:38 pm

by beatnik

I ment Jack Saunier of course :lol:
Biomechanical spreadsheet. Sizing&Fitting.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8e319d185b

2002SaecoReplica
Posts: 1944
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:02 pm
Location: Getting dropped

by 2002SaecoReplica

beatnik wrote::), Saunier´s Holy Grial is lost ;)


Lost indeed.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

by Weenie


User avatar
beatnik
Posts: 1237
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:38 pm

by beatnik

Ricco is Ricco and is only one stage.
Biomechanical spreadsheet. Sizing&Fitting.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... 8e319d185b

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post