ebay listing worth a look

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

pretty expensive used bikes.

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

I find it interesting. I guess the bikes become the property of the team to do as they please. Assuming that part of the value is that these are official race bikes from the Discovery Team members I find it curious that Contador's and Leipheimer's bikes were left out. At first I thought since Astana will be riding Trek bikes they they will just repaint them. But there are other ex Discovery riders who will ride for Astana whose bikes are up for sale. Maybe once these bikes are unloaded we will see Contador's and Leipheimer's bike offered for twice or three times the bikes here. "Official historic 2007 TDF winners and 3rd place certified race ridden bikes for sale" Maybe they can add that the bikes are certified steroid free.
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

scott97

by scott97

And some of the not so fine print. :O)

The bike has been used by a Discovery Channel Team rider and WILL BE SOLD “AS IS.” Therefore it can be assumed that the bike will have markings and features related to a used bike. Tailwind Sports (and its officers, directors, shareholders, and management company), Trek Bicycle Corporation, any and all component manufacturers and their staff DO NOT CERTIFY THAT THIS BIKE, IN ITS CURRENT STATE, IS IN RIDING CONDITION AND ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED TO THE BIKE OR ANY INDIVIDUALS ATTEMPTING TO RIDE THE BIKE.

Interesting though...

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The big name bikes go to big wigs (sponsors / principals) or are kept by the big name riders...

Not sure anyone could expect tour podium bikes to be tossed in...

As for the money asked for these, to each his own. "Used" gets a whole new meaning when it comes to pro team bikes... Most look like they served as targets for a bb gun range and then sand blasted.

There was a Tour used Disco bike here in Phoenix and it was neat, but I wouldn't pay you half of retail for it, much less Double.
Last edited by CharlesM on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danton

by Danton

They're for collectors. Stock, off the shelf used bikes that have done a season with pro teams are not great machines. They've undergone a lot of pressure washes and the drivetrain maybe have been rinsed in diesel. Maybe they've been loaded onto car racks, racked in trucks and taken on planes, they won't look that good up close.

By all means buy one if you're a fan of Armstrong, Bruyneel or a particular rider but for the long term, I don't think a machine from the 2007 Tour is season is going to be a collector's favourite, it's been a bad year. Has Basso still got his Trek?

Kuiper

by Kuiper

Does Tailwind Sports got a website?
I get a blanco page overhere: http://www.tailwindsports.com/

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Why the hell would you pay extra for a bike that looks even worse than stock madones? Just pay less and get a black one.
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

How arrogant to think that Being ridden by a team rider a Trek is worth almost full retail!
Quickstep sold their much more desireable VXR & VXRS bikes for €1750 without wheels and €2000 with Racing 1's because they were USED.
Nice one Johan, take the piss with your race strategy for 9 years then take the piss some more with the garage sale!!

Warblade

by Warblade

I like the tt helmets... I think those would be worth it especially since they have the fairing molded into them.
www.ChrisDiRe.com

Adam Hansen wrote:Sponsors should not have to go, its the doped riders that should be shot instead, in the knee caps would be nice.

Mordi

by Mordi

I noticed that Tailwind Sports is a zero feedback seller. Ominous?? :lol:

LegendRider

by LegendRider

nicrump wrote:http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtailwindsportscorp

I'd rather use that type of money for a tricked-out Crumpton with some change...

amos

by amos

You could justify the cost if money raised went to charity (as other riders have done) but not if it's going into the pockets of an almost defunct team.

lancejohnson

by lancejohnson

I laughed my butt off. 10K for a Madone - maybe if it's got 8K of gold bullion in the seat tube to weigh it down.

btw - Johan has nothing to do with this. It's Lance, Bill Stapleton, and a couple of other (apparently delusional) suits...

"Organization is for the simple-minded, the Genius controls the chaos." - Jens

giant man

by giant man

Christ what a total waste of money they are. So what if the Disco team have been riding them? Not worth that kind of dosh.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com