i thought you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Emmanuel

by Emmanuel

Hey guys,

Just read an article about the first stage of the herald sun tour. Matt Wilson won solo, but kept his hands on the handlebars. Here's what he had to say about it:

"I was thinking of the GC (general classification) and I wanted to get as much time as possible," Wilson said.

"And we're using lightweight carbon wheels and they don't handle really well in the cross winds. With a cross-winds finish I had visions of throwing my hands in the air and dropping it (the bike)."

This might have been the first time i've heard anything bad be said about a sponsored bike (part) :lol:
www.cyclingsiblings.com | Homepage of me (Manman) and my brother (Malaya).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

I would guess he meant just about any wheel in the weight and depth catagory...

I think (and this is not meant to be rude) that you're taking the importance of the comment a bit out of context by leaving off the rest of the story...

The race report also had this line...

" One of the best opening stages was made difficult by the howling side winds and high temperatures, which left only a tough group at the front."

Wilson also said:

"It was so windy so that guys were getting blown off the road; there was a lot of confusion"

If you asked him for a comment, he would probably say that he would say that he did say lightweight, but that any deep section was going to have troubles there.

The wind there was blowing motoGP bikes several feet this weekend...
Last edited by CharlesM on Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emmanuel

by Emmanuel

I just thought it was funny, hence the smiling smiley (?)

With the lightweight fanbase around here, i just thought i'd share (i admit, its taken a bit out of context here) and see what the response would be.
www.cyclingsiblings.com | Homepage of me (Manman) and my brother (Malaya).

sakic

by sakic

Really windy up here in Sydney this morning too, so I can only imagine how bad it was down there.

Matt Wilson is pretty handy on the bike too.

GrahamB

by GrahamB

PezTech wrote:
The wind there was blowing motoGP bikes several feet this weekend...

And the wind on Monday was much worse than Sunday, at least in Melbourne. I didn't go down to PI for the GP but it didn't look that bad: there have been days there when I was being blown 2 metres sideways every lap at the entry to Lukey (the LH'er over the hill where Hayden parked after his Honda went bang).

Monday felt like that...
Graham